Shore excursions for multiple rooms

scgssny

Good afternoon all,

Apologizes if this topic has been addressed in the Princess forum, but after a vigorous search I could not find an answer to my question.

We are currently have two rooms (one balcony and one interior) booked on a cruise and I am trying to make shore excursion reservations for both rooms. The Princess cruise planner linked the reservations when we made the booking, but I can't access both in order to make a shore excursion reservation. I image the same will be true when dining reservations become available.  Does the Princess website not have the capability to book two rooms at once or am I missing something? 

Thanks for any assistance. 

Sean  

• Like 1

Unfortunately you have to enter each booking separately to book the excursions.  You cannot be logged into 2 reservations on the same computer.    I do them quickly one after another. You can see how many spots are available when you book the first one so you know if you'll fit all of you in.  

We always have our travel agent ensure the bookings are linked for regular dining.  

I haven't prebooked specialty dining so I don't  know how that works online. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

Unfortunately you have to enter each booking separately to book the excursions.  You cannot be logged into 2 reservations on the same computer.    I do them quickly one after another. You can see how many spots are available when you book the first one so you know if you'll fit all of you in.  

We always have our travel agent ensure the bookings are linked for regular dining.  

I haven't prebooked specialty dining so I don't  know how that works online. 

Thanks very much for the feedback, seems strange that you can't add other guests especially since both rooms are under one booking number.  

Thanks again. 

13 minutes ago, scgssny said:

Thanks very much for the feedback, seems strange that you can't add other guests especially since both rooms are under one booking number.  

Thanks again. 

Excursions give you a number and a time. Example:   CR825 at 8:30 am. Tuesday ,just make sure you are on the exact excursion and show up at the lounge together so you will be on the same bus or van.  There should be a notation in the reservation whether you are traditional( early or late) or anytime dining. Contact Princess thru your TA or by phone to tell them that you want to eat together. See the Maitre D’ when boarding to confirm that you are seated together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scgssny said:

Thanks again. 

You can always call Princess and book verbally. That way the OBC, providing you have unbalanced OBC, can be spread to others in the party.

• Like 1

I am so frustrated trying to book flights for two cabins.   I get one ready and hit book and have to start over for the second cabin.   Several times, the same flights don't show up or no seats available.  Everyone says call the air department but I usually am on hold for 15 minutes, or I am doing it after hours.   And many times, the regular rep says she can take care of it and I don't need to talk to ezair.  NO!!!!   I want to talk to the air department!!!!

Had the same issue with  booking White pass excursions for Alaska.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, compozer said:

I am so frustrated trying to book flights for two cabins.   I get one ready and hit book and have to start over for the second cabin.   Several times, the same flights don't show up or no seats available.  Everyone says call the air department but I usually am on hold for 15 minutes, or I am doing it after hours.   And many times, the regular rep says she can take care of it and I don't need to talk to ezair.  NO!!!!   I want to talk to the air department!!!!

Had the same issue with  booking White pass excursions for Alaska.

If you have 2 computers in your house (many do), you could try doing simultaneous bookings...might work.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If you have 2 computers in your house (many do), you could try doing simultaneous bookings...might work.

That is a great idea.   I guess I usually sit down (exhausted) at night and pull up the cruise and see a price drop or find something.   With my luck, there would be nothing when I have the two in front of me - just when I have one.     I will give it a try.   Thanks

On 4/2/2021 at 11:44 AM, scgssny said:

Thanks again. 

Are you certain about the booking numbers being the same?   I've been booking 2 cabins for years and we always get 2 different numbers, one per cabin.   Its 6 characters, combination of letters and numbers.   We currently have a booking exactly like this - 2 cabins, linked reservations, two different booking numbers.  

If they are in fact the same, you should be seeing all passengers on that booking number show up when you are booking everything online because you can log in with the booking number.     Unless the system has completely changed .... ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, compozer said:

And many times, the regular rep says she can take care of it and I don't need to talk to ezair.  NO!!!!   I want to talk to the air department!!!!

Why not see if the phone rep can take of it like he/she says?

On 4/2/2021 at 10:44 AM, scgssny said:

Thanks again. 

Both rooms would have their own booking number, I believe.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

I have tried that.    I pulled everything up so much faster than the rep could.   And as you know, some reps do not know that much.   I have told them what I want and then they come up with something different.   It is just easier to do it myself.   My TA does not deal with flights - I don't blame her.

I have a family cruise booked for 6 cabins (13 people) each with their own booking numbers. I have their log in information.  When EzAir became available, I logged in for each booking choosing the same airline and time.  Some of the bookings had different air prices as Princess only has so many seats in each price..  I check the price often and was able to modify some of the bookings.

It take times to do.

You can book shore excursions with one computer.  You just need to use two different browsers.  If you have a windows computer; you can log in on Microsoft Edge, and also with Google Chrome, or Firefox. I do this almost everyday.  Booking airline tickets, shore excursions, specialty dining.  All you need is two or three separate browers.  On my computer I have three browers;  on my mac computer I have two browers loaded; Safari and Google.  Happy Easter

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

You can book shore excursions with one computer.  You just need to use two different browsers.  If you have a windows computer; you can log in on Microsoft Edge, and also with Google Chrome, or Firefox. I do this almost everyday.  Booking airline tickets, shore excursions, specialty dining.  All you need is two or three separate browers.

This works if enough seats are available. But even with two windows open and showing the same flights and pricing, when the first purchase is made, the availability and pricing may change by the time the second purchase is attempted, even a fraction of a second later.

I have seen this in the simple case of making a booking with one browser. I liked the schedule and pricing and when I clicked to purchase it came back and said the price had changed (higher, or course) and asked if I still wanted to make the purchase.

I do not know if it was because others made a purchase while I was trying to or if the magic of Princess & airline computers just decided a prince change was due.

Sort of the same when trying to book tickets to an event. You can have two browsers open each showing the same seats available. Purchase the seats with the first browser and, since they are now sold, you cannot get the same seats with the second browser even though they showed available when you clicked to purchase..

On 4/2/2021 at 12:04 PM, Treasure Hunter said:

Nope.  Each cabin will have its own Princess booking number.  Don't recall exactly, but I think you can make a reservation for four, for example, and not just the two in the cabin.  In any case, you can make a booking under each cabin for same restaurant and date/time and then visit the restaurant on embarkation day and get them linked to sit at the same table.  Or, just make the res once you are on board.

11 hours ago, caribill said:

Yeah. I just tell my PVP and she does it. The TAs & phone reps can do it too. I'm not 'wasting' my time trying to do something when she can 

On 4/3/2021 at 4:48 PM, cruisintoddler said:

Are you certain about the booking numbers being the same?   I've been booking 2 cabins for years and we always get 2 different numbers, one per cabin.   Its 6 characters, combination of letters and numbers.   We currently have a booking exactly like this - 2 cabins, linked reservations, two different booking numbers.  

If they are in fact the same, you should be seeing all passengers on that booking number show up when you are booking everything online because you can log in with the booking number.     Unless the system has completely changed .... ?

Yes, both rooms have one booking number and if I log into one I can't access simultaneously access the other. Maddening!