Florida Governor bans Vaccine passports

Dallas had a ooops. Since march 12, some 30 or 31 children under the age of 18 were vaccinated with moderna. Did you check ID, they wouldnt say. What age were these children. No answer. 

From now on they will be checking ID. Who knows what happened? They had extra doses and thought its was ok? Hopefully kinda older children. First time I've heard of this happening. Was on our local news.

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Dallas had a ooops. Since march 12, some 30 or 31 children under the age of 18 were vaccinated with moderna. Did you check ID, they wouldnt say. What age were these children. No answer. 

From now on they will be checking ID. Who knows what happened? They had extra doses and thought its was ok? Hopefully kinda older children. First time I've heard of this happening. Was on our local news.

Edited by harkinmr

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Kind of more than an "oops".

20 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

All the stats people post about the vaccines are based on the trials which aren't complete and are based on thousands of people, not millions or billions in the real world.

You don't think they are looking at the results from the millions and millions of people that have received a vaccine?

4 hours ago, NikiPinkston said:

Please note the words, "post-pandemic," which may be years from now. So, what does that mean for now?

Please note also that Fauci changes his mind as often as he changes his socks.

He must own a heck of a lot of socks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, declansdad said:

You don't think they are looking at the results from the millions and millions of people that have received a vaccine?

Not in real time, no. Those results have to be reported, compiled, analyzed, and peer reviewed. The results from the trials took long enough.

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2021 at 5:47 PM, Pyrate13 said:

No one will be forced to take a cruise with unvaccinated folks. If you're that concerned about what might/could happen, stay home and leave the rest of us be. Don't feel safe on a cruise, don't go on a cruise. You are not forced to leave your house, you might get hit by a bus if you go out, who knows. I personally would rather live life and let what happens happen instead of living a life of worry.

I feel ya, but you’re forgetting one very important thing.

How many threads are there right now about how unfair many of us think the CDC is to the cruise industry. So just imagine if one ship comes back with an outbreak because 10 or 20% of the passengers were unvaccinated with possibly 50 to 100 of those passengers testing positive and maybe a few of them needing immediate care!! Bye Bye cruise industry. See what’s left of you in another year!!

I finished my vaccinations over a month ago.

I have absolutely no fear of Covid anymore.

And those who choose not to get vaccinated don’t concern me at all. It’s their life, not mine.

But once you get so selfish that it infringes on my life it becomes a whole different story. 
I love cruising and I don’t want to see it go back to the days of only a few ships filled with only the wealthy!! 
If you don’t want to get vaccinated, stay the hell off of my ship!!!!!

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 11:04 AM, pjhootch said:

There is no universal method to prove vaccination.  I am perfectly fine if one is created.  DeSantis' executive order is not relevant anywhere other than Florida, and even then- enforceability against a cruise line operating at a Florida port is very legally questionable.   They can fight that out with each other while I do whatever I need to do to prove I am vaccinated to go on a cruise or travel overseas.   I am always amused when people on internet forums get all freaky about privacy and invasiveness of businesses or governments.  Accessing the internet, registering for a message board, posting, having an ISP or cell phone provider- all far more invasive to my personal privacy than a vaccine passport- and I am resigned to that.

Amen To That!!

I too laugh at all these people who claim to be so paranoid when it comes to privacy, and then go on Facebook or Instagram to tell everyone what they had for breakfast and where they went today!! 
Without getting political, how do you think all those people who stormed the Capital were tracked down and arrested? Most were caught simply because they posted every step they took on social media!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, amcankid said:

Amen To That!!

I too laugh at all these people who claim to be so paranoid when it comes to privacy, and then go on Facebook or Instagram to tell everyone what they had for breakfast and where they went today!! 
Without getting political, how do you think all those people who stormed the Capital were tracked down and arrested? Most were caught simply because they posted every step they took on social media!!!

And then UNSUCCESSFULLY tried to erase it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, amcankid said:

How many threads are there right now about how unfair many of us think the CDC is to the cruise industry. So just imagine if one ship comes back with an outbreak because 10 or 20% of the passengers were unvaccinated with possibly 50 to 100 of those passengers testing positive and maybe a few of them needing immediate care!! Bye Bye cruise industry. See what’s left of you in another year!!

And those who choose not to get vaccinated don’t concern me at all. It’s their life, not mine.

But once you get so selfish that it infringes on my life it becomes a whole different story. 
I love cruising and I don’t want to see it go back to the days of only a few ships filled with only the wealthy!! 

Your ship? Now who is being selfish? Please, get over yourself!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, amcankid said:

So just imagine if one ship comes back with an outbreak because 10 or 20% of the passengers were unvaccinated with possibly 50 to 100 of those passengers testing positive and maybe a few of them needing immediate care!! 

Something I have been wondering is whether people will be much more reluctant to visit the medical facilities onboard for minor symptoms, considering any report of minor symptoms could result in being quarantined over fear of COVID. People might be more inclined to self-medicate and wait until they get home. 

I have only visited the medical facility onboard once (on an RCL ship - there was lots of blood and a concussion involved) and I saw people coming in for headaches, allergies, gastrointestinal upset, etc. I would bet that a lot more people will just chug Advil and Pepto in their cabins and keep quiet.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, amcankid said:

I guess I'd point to the roughly 400,000 passengers who've been sailing since last August when the MSC Grandiosa began doing cruises, and there haven't been any outbreaks (only a handful of isolated incidents vs the much higher number on land). I get what you're saying, but this canard about "what happens when?" has failed to materialize, as of yet. Do you have any actual proof that the scenario you outlined will occur? More to the point, do you realize that the cruise industry is doing all it can to prevent it in the first place?

• Like 3

On 4/3/2021 at 3:25 PM, MMastell said:

OK: The efficacy for the three major vaccines id 80-90% for contracting the virus and 100% effective preventing severe illness or death. Having said that what difference does it make if someone else is vaccinated or not. I can see foreign ports not allowing disembarkation otherwise it doesn't bother me.

I want them to keep enhanced cleaning not as much for COVID but more so for Norovirus.

I do believe everyone should get a vaccination but it should not be mandatory.

Take care, 

Mike

Hi Mike

Robin from CM’s .

I agree with you on this, I was just explaining that to a friend. 
These islands may require the vaccine in order to get off the ship. I’d imagine the majority of people will be vaccinated, it will be interesting to see how things evolve.  I don’t think if the ships require a vaccine it would hurt their business at all.

• Like 2

Like the virus and the vaccine, vaccine passports have become a big political issue.  We know we’re going to need proof of vaccination for sailing, so why can’t those who want a vaccine passport have them, and those who don’t want one don’t have to get them?  (Requiring them for admission to various venues is another issue altogether.  If a location wants to mandate vaccinations, they can just require that you show your vaccination card.)  BTW, I can go on my medical provider’s website and pull up my vaccine information, so I have another way besides my card to prove that I’ve been fully vaccinated, but having a standard vaccine passport would make verification easier for the cruise lines.

18 minutes ago, NikiPinkston said:

Like the virus and the vaccine, vaccine passports have become a big political issue.  We know we’re going to need proof of vaccination for sailing, so why can’t those who want a vaccine passport have them, and those who don’t want one don’t have to get them?  (Requiring them for admission to various venues is another issue altogether.  If a location wants to mandate vaccinations, they can just require that you show your vaccination card.)  BTW, I can go on my medical provider’s website and pull up my vaccine information, so I have another way besides my card to prove that I’ve been fully vaccinated, but having a standard vaccine passport would make verification easier for the cruise lines.

The cdc has said they arent going to mandate the vaccine passports. So unless the cdc or someone changes, there is no national database. Who will say sure we will pay for it and develop it. Right now only states have this information. 

And next January when I probably need a booster, do I have to pay for a new vaccine passport to be updated yearly. People seem to skip right over the fact it doesnt exist. The govt isnt known for doing things fast. I dont want to wait for it to be developed or have to pay yearly for a update.  Someone will have to pay for this service. 

I'm booked sept and dec this year. I dont want to not get to sail because I'm waiting for this and get a copy. ..again there is no national database for vaccinations. It doesnt exist.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The cdc has said they arent going to mandate the vaccine passports. So unless the cdc or someone changes, there is no national database. Who will say sure we will pay for it and develop it. Right now only states have this information. 

And next January when I probably need a booster, do I have to pay for a new vaccine passport to be updated yearly. People seem to skip right over the fact it doesnt exist. The govt isnt known for doing things fast. I dont want to wait for it to be developed or have to pay yearly for a update.  Someone will have to pay for this service. 

I'm booked sept and dec this year. I dont want to not get to sail because I'm waiting for this and get a copy. ..again there is no national database for vaccinations. It doesnt exist.

I understand that the CDC has said that they won't mandate vaccine passports, but IBM and numerous other tech companies are working on them so, even though others may not want one, why can't I have one if I do?  I envision that it would just be an app on my phone that I could download like any other app, and it would be up to me to provide verifiable proof that I've been vaccinated (and I would be happy to pay for it).  If/when I need a booster, the app could be updated. Israel is already using vaccine passports and many other countries world-wide are developing them. This link talks about those developments and explains how they are working in Israel and might work here: 

https://www.businessinsider.com/vaccine-passports-coronavirus-how-will-they-work-in-us-israel-2021-4

“Israelis issued their ID or passport number, date of birth, and approval for their health care provider to verify that the person had received their vaccine.  In return, they were issued with a "green pass." The pass can be displayed on a mobile phone as a QR code or as a printed physical document.”

Again, I’m not saying that everyone in the US must have one, but for those who would like one, why can't they have one? 

No cruise line has said that they will require a vaccine passport,  just proof of vaccination so, at this point, it sounds like you will be able to sail with just your vaccination card as proof.

BTW, I believe that public health trumps all, otherwise, why have we all been shut down for the past year? 

Edited by NikiPinkston
punctuation

3 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

On that note, how many know that you don't need a test or vaccine to cross the US southern land border?  Thousands of folks per day arrive legally through Tijuana, El Paso, Brownsville, etc. with no test required.  

You can fly to Tijuana from anywhere in the world, without any test or vaccination, and walk across the bridge to the US.

Exactly. Too many variables that aren’t being controlled. Like I said the blind leading the blind, mostly because everyone wants to think they know best. Shoe sizes come in a wide range.

3 hours ago, BLTT59 said:

Here are a few things that come to mind reading this debate. 
Caribbean islands are allowing people in without vaccines. They test you, not positive, come right in. So the argument of the places demanding vaccines is null and void.

Let’s say your cruise is in December and you were vaccinated in June? They don’t really know how long the vaccines  last. What good is a vaccine card if you could possibly be without any protection after a certain time. How many times do you have to subject to vaccines to move about any where?

I challenge anyone that can tell when, where and how they got the virus without hesitation and 100% sure. 
Our biggest threat with covid is not us here in the USA. It came form somewhere else. It continues to come from somewhere else. So all the misleading information about vaccines being done and demanded in other countries is laughable.

How many know that the idiots at the cdc just started demanding test for people coming into the country in January 2021? That’s a long time after they knew it existed and that it came from foreign travel. 
Get the shot, don’t get the shot. It’s a choice. It’s the blind leading the blind on both sides. It’s a science experiment, it’s not science as no proof has been continuously proven about the vaccine. The people with antibodies aren’t being tested enough to say how long normal resistance last. 
What I really want to see is this country undivided and so judgmental. 
Childhood vaccines are required to attend school. Yes right. But how many know that you can simply opt out and send your children to school unvaccinated. They don’t tell you in the PTO announcements who is and who isn’t vaccinated. 
I’m sorry for the rambling but I have been observing and this is just my opinion on some things and the facts that I have read on most.

Geez, I wonder what happened in January of 2021? 

• Like 2