Florida Governor bans Vaccine passports

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/03/us/florida-covid-vaccine-passport-ban/index.html

In my opinion, bad move and will have complete opposite effect to restarting cruises

As a cruise passenger who is getting the vaccine, I would never go on a cruise if I knew there were passengers on board that don’t have the vaccine. And I think there are many like me which tells me that cruises will have trouble filling ships.

Thoughts ?

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

In my opinion, bad move and will have complete opposite effect to restarting cruises

As a cruise passenger who is getting the vaccine, I would never go on a cruise if I knew there were passengers on board that don’t have the vaccine. And I think there are many like me which tells me that cruises will have trouble filling ships.

Thoughts ?

Being I am in California, I really don't have a say in what DeSantis does in Florida. I can tell you, I would personally want to have the assurance that others passengers around me have been fully vaccinated. 

• Like 13

OK: The efficacy for the three major vaccines id 80-90% for contracting the virus and 100% effective preventing severe illness or death. Having said that what difference does it make if someone else is vaccinated or not. I can see foreign ports not allowing disembarkation otherwise it doesn't bother me.

I want them to keep enhanced cleaning not as much for COVID but more so for Norovirus.

I do believe everyone should get a vaccination but it should not be mandatory.

Take care, 

Mike

• Like 14

47 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Thoughts ?

I think it is a dumb move and who knows if it means anything, anyway. An executive order is not law and if the covid passports are issued by Federal authorities and required to get back in the country, Desantis is out of the picture.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Thoughts ?

I am hopeful that a vaccination passport gets implemented.  I feel like the governor is playing politics instead of thinking of the safety of his constituents and other Americans.  I would still cruise if other passengers weren't vaccinated (I will be soon), but I would be wary of one of them getting severely ill/dying/other and that ruining the cruise for everyone.

I would NOT cruise if I have to wear a mask, just because I'm so sick of wearing a mask when I go out.

• Like 3

I think he is right, if there are 2000 vaccinated passengers and 500 more that decided they don't want to be vaccinated then that's on them, not the rest of us. Why should I be concerned about them if they don't care about themselves? You make your choices and you suffer the consequences. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, hurricane0226 said:

Still a privacy issue, can't change that.

Neither ACLU or GOP can change what other countries require for entry. 

Edited by musbeus
  • Thanks 1

I agree that everyone has the right to chose rather or not to be vaccinated, but i for one would be very upset if my cruise was cut short if an unvaccinated person got sick on my cruise. By doing that they would be infringing on my rights.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DD fun said:

I agree that everyone has the right to chose rather or not to be vaccinated, but i for one would be very upset if my cruise was cut short if an unvaccinated person got sick on my cruise. By doing that they would be infringing on my rights.

Not to mention the next cruise or two could be impacted and/or the cruise line could lose their conditional sail authorization for a while.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pyrate13 said:

I think he is right, if there are 2000 vaccinated passengers and 500 more that decided they don't want to be vaccinated then that's on them, not the rest of us. Why should I be concerned about them if they don't care about themselves? You make your choices and you suffer the consequences. 

Using your example, if 10% of those unvaccinated come up positive sometime during the cruise, that would mean 50 people came back with the virus. I can guarantee if any ship comes back with 50 passengers positive for the virus, cruising will be back at square one!!

• Like 8

No one will be forced to take a cruise with unvaccinated folks. If you're that concerned about what might/could happen, stay home and leave the rest of us be. Don't feel safe on a cruise, don't go on a cruise. You are not forced to leave your house, you might get hit by a bus if you go out, who knows. I personally would rather live life and let what happens happen instead of living a life of worry.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, zdcatc12 said:

Using your example, if 10% of those unvaccinated come up positive sometime during the cruise, that would mean 50 people came back with the virus. I can guarantee if any ship comes back with 50 passengers positive for the virus, cruising will be back at square one!!

Obviously you totally missed the point.

2 minutes ago, zdcatc12 said:

Exactly! Why people don't understand this is beyond me. Can you imagine NBC News saying the Carnival Vista returned to port after not sailing for two years and only had 50 cases on board? That would go over REAL well, wouldn't it? 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Pyrate13 said:

No one will be forced to take a cruise with unvaccinated folks. If you're that concerned about what might/could happen, stay home and leave the rest of us be. Don't feel safe on a cruise, don't go on a cruise. You are not forced to leave your house, you might get hit by a bus if you go out, who knows. I personally would rather live life and let what happens happen instead of living a life of worry.

Reckless people can likewise stay home and cruise lines can go bankrupt. There is no right to cruise and no Constitutional freedom is impacted.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Reckless people can likewise stay home and cruise lines can go bankrupt. There is no right to cruise and no Constitutional freedom is impacted.

So, 2000 people get vaccinated but they should stay home because 500 choose not to?  Seems to me the 500 are the reckless ones so they should stay home. We should not all suffer because of a few. The same as we should not all suffer because a minority are too scared to move.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pyrate13 said:

I've paid plenty of attention thank you. The vaccine is being rolled out world wide but if there are people that choose not to get it that is their issue. People that get it will be just fine.

Yea, unti their cruise is canceled or rerouted because some anti vaxxer is sick as hell and has to be rushed to the nearest port or a whole group of unvaccinated get deathly ill cutting the cruise short for everyone. Yea. Just fine ...right?  Pffff.......

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I keep forgetting some people are part of the me first society. All that matters is what they want and the heck with everything else. If the cruise lines start encountering problems when they start up again then it could spell the end of our cruises as well as the cruise lines . Cruise lines need to be very careful for the near future and if that means vaccines then so be it. If you want cruises to continue then get the vaccine or enjoy other things until things ease up. Too much on the line to be selfish now.

• Like 12

Florida is a tourism state which I think many have forgot thag we get out money amd jobs from travelers.

When we didnt decide to quarantine everyone from new York and michighan and other states who had to quarantine got on a plane to not quarantine and booked rooms in florida to vacations. We got money. 

It is a tourism state and I understand why he did what he did because it would bring more business and more people in Florida would get off of unemployment and government funding and back to work. 

He is a business man that is how I see it and for people who dont want to cruise because of vaccines fine.