Can Royal be far behind as NCL freezes voyage bookings until Sept. 1, 2021

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Wow. Who would of thought that a December 2021 cruise was looking iffy? :classic_tongue: We keep pushing these cruises further and further out, and this is like the pandemic that just keeps on going and extends the cruising pause. It is weird. When you are sitting at home, you think, surely it will be better by then. :classic_smile: And when that one is cancelled or moved forward by another year! You think, surely it will be better by then. :classic_rolleyes: :classic_biggrin:

And it just keeps not happening. :classic_rolleyes: There are still a lot of months left in this year two. :classic_smile:

I know - right?  I had a NE/Canada cruise last June that was canceled so I received a full credit for that one.  My Oasis L&S cruise was from last November - not sure what I will do if by August when final payment is due it looks like this November is questionable.  Of course it will depend on what , if anything, is being offered at the time.

• Thanks 1

It seems the NCL freeze isn't a cancellation plan.

NCL has submitted a plan to the CDC and is requesting approval to cruise July 4.

https://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/news-releases/news-release-details/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ltd-submits-plan-cdc-and-will-be

Vaccination requirement for guest and crew.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

NCL has submitted a plan to the CDC and is requesting approval to cruise July 4.

https://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/news-releases/news-release-details/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ltd-submits-plan-cdc-and-will-be

The implication of  NCLH's letter is no children that aren't vaccinated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Although the letter and plan is logical, I don’t imagine that CDC will agree. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I have no problem with that. Vaccination trials have started with young children and teens and when those trials are completed, vaccines may be approved for those age groups. So when they can get vaccinated then they can cruise. 

23 hours ago, twangster said:

they are putting all ships into cold layup

I don't think they ever did that.  Some have been shuttling possible crew members from the East toward Europe and then back (possibly so the crew members could be vaccinated in their home countries), others have left their piers to go out to sea to exercise systems that can't be run at the dock.

13 hours ago, jjkandlak said:

Was told hopefully an announcement will be made in the next week or two

Their site (and FB page) has had something posted for 7-10 days about "something exciting coming soon" related to getting back on board...

3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Although the letter and plan is logical, I don’t imagine that CDC will agree. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  

If the past is any indication, the CDC has taken months to respond to the cruise lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

The SailSafe hyperlink embedded in the NCL investor letter lists this in part:

” Guest vaccination requirements are currently for all sailings embarking through October 31, 2021 — we will follow the science to make determinations on requirements for all other future sailings.“

so vaccinations required to start 

1aa87896-aae4-4475-85cd-77a231290dc6

Edited by BSocial
Tried to just add link, instead of the whole text.

1 minute ago, BSocial said:

the The SailSafe hyperlink embedded in the NCL investor letter lists this in part:

” Guest vaccination requirements are currently for all sailings embarking through October 31, 2021 — we will followthe science to make determinations on requirements for all other future sailings.“

Exactly. I never assumed it would be required forever. But to start it means no unvaccinated children. Which should definitely be the case. 

https://abc7chicago.com/covid-chidlren-variant-coroanvirus-coronavirus-vaccine/10486843/

3 minutes ago, BSocial said:

The SailSafe hyperlink embedded in the NCL investor letter lists this in part:

” Guest vaccination requirements are currently for all sailings embarking through October 31, 2021 — we will follow the science to make determinations on requirements for all other future sailings.“

Which leads to the next question...

Do they violate the Florida Governor's recent executive order that prevents any business in Florida from requiring vaccinations? 

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Do they violate the Florida Governor's recent executive order that prevents any business in Florida from requiring vaccinations? 

seems if he wants his ports open for cruising, he will have to allow for the cruise lines - or Ports - or both, the ability to mandate a vaccine requirement in the short term (while it is still being called a “health emergency” ). 

• Like 1

Someone just posted on the NCL board a quote from NCL saying no children unless they are fully vaccinated.  

Kind of curious that the letter to the CDC did not come from BOTH NCL and Royal considering they partnered with the Healthy Sail Panel

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Someone just posted on the NCL board a quote from NCL saying no children unless they are fully vaccinated.  

Kind of curious that the letter to the CDC did not come from BOTH NCL and Royal considering they partnered with the Healthy Sail Panel

Royal was very clear with Adventure's Nassau cruises to state we are a family cruise line, kids can sail.  

I need to pop over to the NCL boards to see how this is going over.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, molly361 said:

According to several news source, minors who have not yet reached the age to receive a vaccine will not be permitted onboard sailings from the US through October 2021.

Edited by MaritimeR&R

27 minutes ago, twangster said:

I don't think the cruise falls under this rule, since it is flagged in Bahamas.  Another example is flights from Miami, might go to a country that requires it, therefore, it falls under the same rule.  Plus, some of the islands might require it.  Therefore, the answer is not so simple with travel. 

41 minutes ago, twangster said:

Nova University in Davie FL has announced that all students and staff must be vaccinated by August 1 to return to campus. Not sure how this plays out with the Governor's Executive Order. The Governor did say that his Order would affect any business receiving state funding or grants. I would think that private universities in Florida get some type of funding from the state. However, I do not believe the cruise lines get any state funding from Florida, but I do not know for sure. 

45 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Why should it definitely be the case over using the existing measures used to restart in other countries? It would make no sense to change for US sailings. Vaccine requirements should not limit those it’s not available to. 

Well, the Governments of the non-US summer departure ports may have been amenable to only adults vaccinated.    

Convincing the US CDC to allow cruising again may require the 100% vaccinated as a starting point (such as NCL proposal).   Just to prove cruises can responsibly sail, to CDC’s standards. 

P.S

NCL only indicated until end of October, then review the science.   

Edited by BSocial
Added more