I'm booked!!!... Joy's first sailing from Jamaica!

sid_9169

Looks like we're on the same cruise - my first on NCL and only my second ever.

We're taking advantage of the NCL "2nd guest flies free" offer from Chicago, and on the provisional itinerary it looks like we would fly down on Saturday 7th, rather than having an overnight prior to departure. Is this typical, or do folks always try and arrive the day before?

Cheers 

Kevin

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WanderingBrit said:

Looks like we're on the same cruise - my first on NCL and only my second ever.

We're taking advantage of the NCL "2nd guest flies free" offer from Chicago, and on the provisional itinerary it looks like we would fly down on Saturday 7th, rather than having an overnight prior to departure. Is this typical, or do folks always try and arrive the day before?

Cheers 

Kevin

I'm not sure if there's an option to fly in the day before when utilizing their airfare rates... The ship is supposedly sailing at 8:00 on, I assume to accommodate those flying in "same day"...

• Like 1

Normally, I would never consider an NCL excursion, but it appears to be the only way I'll be able to get off the ship, other than Harvest Caye... Not really a fan of HC, so I'll probably stay on the ship that day anyway...

Do you actually think we will have to tender in to these 3 ports?

I wonder if we will all gather in a certain area and when they announce our excursion, we can get off the ship via a tender. 

AAD0C335-20DF-471A-8F06-A04F818A180F.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seany527 said:

I wonder if we will all gather in a certain area and when they announce our excursion, we can get off the ship via a tender. 

Maybe that’s how they will ensure that only people with excursion tickets will leave the ship? That shouldn’t apply to Harvest Caye though.

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 3

I was bored this afternoon, so I re-priced my cruise using the exact same parameters, and ended up coming up with a price $259 less than I originally booked. I did an online chat with NCL, and a few minutes later, was given my new final payment reflecting the savings. Truth is, that I only did it to see "how much" the sailing may have gone up, but was pleasantly surprised... 

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I was bored this afternoon, so I re-priced my cruise using the exact same parameters, and ended up coming up with a price $259 less than I originally booked. I did an online chat with NCL, and a few minutes later, was given my new final payment reflecting the savings. Truth is, that I only did it to see "how much" the sailing may have gone up, but was pleasantly surprised... 

congrats.  Almost enough to pay for the premium drink package or whatever is called. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I'm already popping popcorn for the safari photos from the observation lounge 😆

You know that I'll be on top of the situation, and documenting it as it play by play...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Let's not forget the first el baño pic...

Seriously Sid - looking forward to the entire review from packing to transportation to plastic bag for your bag in the bathroom to the plane to the food & beverage tour prior to the cruise to your special shirts to everything which makes up an AMAZING Sid Review...

We'll definitely enjoy the trip with you 🙂

• Like 10

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

I'm already popping popcorn for the safari photos from the observation lounge 😆

Memo to self: don't forget to pack socks for the Observation Lounge, or at least get a pedicure so my toes look nice in the photos.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Just an FYI, I saw on a site that I follow, Delta is having some great airfares from the DC area to the Caribbean. $157 roundtrip to places like St Maarten, Montego Bay, and Punta Cana. I know some people are concerned about the added cost of flying outside the US to catch a cruise. Might be worth looking into. 

(I don't work for Delta nor am I a travel agent, so this isn't advertising and I'm not getting a kickback, LOL)

• Like 4

I booked a couple of shore excursions today, as well as more specialty dining... Since the only way to get off the ship is through an NCL excursion, I definitely wanted to get my feet in the sand at least. Passion Island in Cozumel, and Tabayana Beach in Roatan... I also completed my online check in, and nothing is left to do except make my final payment... Things are starting to get real!!!...

PXL_20210424_162201600.jpg

• Like 10

On 4/15/2021 at 1:59 PM, coastcat said:

Maybe that’s how they will ensure that only people with excursion tickets will leave the ship? That shouldn’t apply to Harvest Caye though.

On 4/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, Seany527 said:

Well, the printed guest confirmations show something different

image.thumb.png.bf84fae4f3331d23cb9080b9515fb5bd.png

Edited by BirdTravels

On 4/15/2021 at 11:48 AM, sid_9169 said:

I'm not sure if there's an option to fly in the day before when utilizing their airfare rates... The ship is supposedly sailing at 8:00 on, I assume to accommodate those flying in "same day"...

We try to avoid same day travel during hurricane season. For us, there aren't that many flights that connect in time to clear customs/immigration and get over to the port for the evening departure. 

31 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Well, the printed guest confirmations show something different

image.thumb.png.bf84fae4f3331d23cb9080b9515fb5bd.png

Tender, dock, or swim - I don't care, just get us back onboard and I'll do somersaults*.

* Well, only if they're covered by the medical insurance.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I booked a couple of shore excursions today, as well as more specialty dining... Since the only way to get off the ship is through an NCL excursion, I definitely wanted to get my feet in the sand at least. Passion Island in Cozumel, and Tabayana Beach in Roatan... I also completed my online check in, and nothing is left to do except make my final payment... Things are starting to get real!!!...

That looks great Sid I can't see the excursions listed yet on the Jamaica cruise I have scheduled in September. Could you please let me know if there are any beach excursions listed for Ocho Rios?  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Summerstravel said:

That looks great Sid I can't see the excursions listed yet on the Jamaica cruise I have scheduled in September. Could you please let me know if there are any beach excursions listed for Ocho Rios?  

There's one called the "exclusive discovery beach break" for $89 ($39 after the $50 credit) and, another one called "a day at the beach" for $39, which would end up being free if you booked with the Free At Sea benefit... Also, "bamboo beach" and "bamboo beach VIP" for $75 and $95

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

There's one called the "exclusive discovery beach break" for $89 ($39 after the $50 credit) and, another one called "a day at the beach" for $39, which would end up being free if you booked with the Free At Sea benefit... Also, "bamboo beach" and "bamboo beach VIP" for $75 and $95

oh wow those sound great thank you so much! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Congrats Sid. It's good to see booked cruises, excursions, drink packages, specialty dining packages that are all going to happen (eat your heart out CDC). Things got real for me also, as I have made final payment on my Adventure of the Seas 7-day cruise out of Nassau, Bahamas on July 17th. Also purchased the Deluxe Beverage Package!

This cruise is a somewhat unique imo because it departs from Nassau and heads west (after 2 days at Coco Cay) over to Cozumel. Actually, I take that back, there were Western Caribbean cruises (that call at Cozumel) that depart from Miami (I should've known, I've done 2 of them; Ecstasy & Sensation).

• Like 3

On 4/24/2021 at 1:28 PM, farmersfight said:

Congrats Sid. It's good to see booked cruises, excursions, drink packages, specialty dining packages that are all going to happen (eat your heart out CDC). Things got real for me also, as I have made final payment on my Adventure of the Seas 7-day cruise out of Nassau, Bahamas on July 17th. Also purchased the Deluxe Beverage Package!

This cruise is a somewhat unique imo because it departs from Nassau and heads west (after 2 days at Coco Cay) over to Cozumel. Actually, I take that back, there were Western Caribbean cruises (that call at Cozumel) that depart from Miami (I should've known, I've done 2 of them; Ecstasy & Sensation).

FWIW, my Mariner OTS cruise next February sails out of Orlando and is supposed to visit Cozumel. I say supposed to because I'm now seeing Freeport in my calendar; the ship was redeployed and I was moved automatically to the shifted sailing but it's still a little weird in the system. So I might be going to Cozumel. Or maybe Freeport. Or Nassau. Definitely CocoCay, though. Eh, I don't care, as long as it's warm.

So, is it too early to start packing? I found my water shoes!

I really can't decide what to do about excursions here. Definitely just going to slouch around Harvest Caye, almost certainly skipping Ocho Rios. My rotator cuff will determine whether I do anything even mildly active elsewhere. 

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, coastcat said:

FWIW, my Mariner OTS cruise next February sails out of Orlando and is supposed to visit Cozumel.

I didn't know ships could sail out of Orlando 😂. Just kidding, I know you're talking about Port Canaveral. Gosh, I hope by next February ships are once again sailing out of U.S. ports. Even sooner because I have a Christmas cruise (Dec 18-26, 2021) booked out of Port Canaveral on the brand new Mardi Gras.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, farmersfight said:

I didn't know ships could sail out of Orlando 😂. Just kidding, I know you're talking about Port Canaveral. Gosh, I hope by next February ships are once again sailing out of U.S. ports. Even sooner because I have a Christmas cruise (Dec 18-26, 2021) booked out of Port Canaveral on the brand new Mardi Gras.

even NCL calls the port call Orlando.

• Like 1