Vaccine required in Europe - What happens if you are not vaccinated at sail date?

All indications are that that vaccines will be required in Europe, even on the the slim chance that a cruise is allowed to go ahead before September 2022.

Say you booked a cruise last year before there was even any talk about a vaccine being a requirement to sail.

What happens if you make final payment but you havent been vaccinated before the cruise sails?

Do you get you money back in full as its not your fault you cant sail?

tbh I dont want cruise credit anymore at this point.  Its a total waste because when the same cruise goes up in price you have to spend more money to not lose your cruise credit.  I dont want to play that game.

Have RC announced what they will be doing should a passenger not be vaccinated by sail date?

Edited by Daithi2021

If the vaccine was required and yuh during get it yet before the cruise you wouldn’t cruise and most likely get a FCC 

Vaccines are getting easier and easier to get here in the US....get errr done 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LaCal said:

If the vaccine was required and yuh during get it yet before the cruise you wouldn’t cruise and most likely get a FCC 

Vaccines are getting easier and easier to get here in the US....get errr done 

Definitely wont have the vaccines in Europe.

I dont actually want FCC.  I would rather have my money back.

If not vaccinated it is not my fault that i cant cruise, and I really dont have the money to be letting RC hang on to it for another year.  I could be using that money to have a holiday at home in Ireland instead of RC having it.

• Like 4

I can only assume that the criteria will be along the lines of this year’s Jewel and Anthem sailings....only for those fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those under the age of 18 with negative test results.

No jab = no go. 

• Like 1

Just now, little britain said:

I can only assume that the criteria will be along the lines of this year’s Jewel and Anthem sailings....only for those fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those under the age of 18 with negative test results.

No jab = no go. 

Thats fine if they decide that, but they should then fully refund you.  FCC is no good to us.  Whats the point getting FCC for the 2nd year in a row now and then having to pay 150% in order to use it.  Total con.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Daithi2021 said:

Apologies, yes I did 🙂

But with the speed of the EU rollout 2022 inst all that far fetched.

Still havent finished the over 70s in Ireland.

Yes, I’m Irish and I’m still waiting on my parents to be vaccinated. Then again, cruising won’t be a problem this year as non-essential travel is ruled out. 

2 hours ago, Daithi2021 said:

Thats fine if they decide that, but they should then fully refund you.  FCC is no good to us.  Whats the point getting FCC for the 2nd year in a row now and then having to pay 150% in order to use it.  Total con.

On another site someone posted :

However Grant Schapps the transport secretary released a statement saying the cruise lines are expected to cover us if we test positive and can’t cruise. I’ve just read celebrity cruises and royal and they say if you test positive at port it’s a full refund, so they’re following the government.

Based on that I could assume if they refund you if you can’t cruise at the port then they would refund you if you can’t cruise due to not being vaccinated? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, little britain said:

On another site someone posted :

However Grant Schapps the transport secretary released a statement saying the cruise lines are expected to cover us if we test positive and can’t cruise. I’ve just read celebrity cruises and royal and they say if you test positive at port it’s a full refund, so they’re following the government.

Based on that I could assume if they refund you if you can’t cruise at the port then they would refund you if you can’t cruise due to not being vaccinated? 

This is from RCL's website:

Capture.JPG

All depends on where you booked

If you booked in EU or UK your covered by the European Package Travel Directive or UK package holiday regulation, the EU one is just cloned from the UK one at the moment and vice a versa.

This quite clearly states that if a travel company alters it's terms and conditions including its own health policies and you are unwilling or unable to comply you are entitled to a full refund.

However if a country alters its health policy and you are unwilling or unable to comply you are not entitled to a full refund.

If you booked in the US sorry I have no idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That still doesn't answer the question of if Royal would refund you if you can't get vaccinated prior to sailing

I was responding to Little Britain's post about what happens if you test positive, not the OP's

The German health minister announced on Friday that anyone who is fully vaccinated must be treated as a negative test done within 24 hours.  How this will affect travel we have no idea.  The vaccine program in Germany is still a chaotic shambles.

On 4/9/2021 at 4:11 AM, Daithi2021 said:

Definitely wont have the vaccines in Europe.

I dont actually want FCC.  I would rather have my money back.

If not vaccinated it is not my fault that i cant cruise, and I really dont have the money to be letting RC hang on to it for another year.  I could be using that money to have a holiday at home in Ireland instead of RC having it.

I hear you. I feel it would be pretty shady if they cruise lines don't give the option of a full refund if you can't travel because you haven't had a chance to be vaccinated yet. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 8:42 AM, Daithi2021 said:

All indications are that that vaccines will be required in Europe, even on the the slim chance that a cruise is allowed to go ahead before September 2022.

Say you booked a cruise last year before there was even any talk about a vaccine being a requirement to sail.

What happens if you make final payment but you havent been vaccinated before the cruise sails?

tbh I dont want cruise credit anymore at this point.  Its a total waste because when the same cruise goes up in price you have to spend more money to not lose your cruise credit.  I dont want to play that game.

Have RC announced what they will be doing should a passenger not be vaccinated by sail date?

This year only cruises will take place that will / have been newly announced recently. Hence if you are refering to a itinarary you booked before this is not relevant as eventually it will get cancelled anyhow.

5 hours ago, LXA350 said:

This year only cruises will take place that will / have been newly announced recently. Hence if you are refering to a itinarary you booked before this is not relevant as eventually it will get cancelled anyhow.

So says your crystal ball?

On 4/9/2021 at 2:42 AM, Daithi2021 said:

So, your cruise contract identifies who is at fault for various cancellations. It has several pages on COVID. Depending on who is at fault dictates whether you will be reimbursed or donating money to RCCL. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I'm going to guess that in the US if one of the ports of call requires passengers be vaccinated, then the cruise line will require you to prove you've been vaccinated.  It's not a "not get off the ship" thing; it's a "you can't get ON the ship" thing.

Everyone has the freedom of choice to be vaccinated or not, but with businesses it going to be a "no shirt/no service" type of policy.

IMO.

• Like 2