Cabin Selection

pasta1

24 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Sits under the shops so it should be quiet. It is a connecting cabin and that would be a no go for us. 

We’ve had plenty of connecting cabins and there’s never been any issues including noise from next door. No different to any other cabin imo. 

5 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

We’ve had plenty of connecting cabins and there’s never been any issues including noise from next door. No different to any other cabin imo. 

Then you've been lucky....usually not worth the gamble...but as long as it's worked fine up until now for you...hoping it continues....good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Then you've been lucky....usually not worth the gamble...but as long as it's worked fine up until now for you...hoping it continues....good luck.

The worst noise issue we had was when our neighbour’s cabin connected to the one the other side. There were 2 families in them travelling together and were extremely noisy.

It actually seems to be getting more difficult to book a cabin that isn’t connected, I’m sure RC is increasing the numbers of them on each new ship that is built 🤔

54 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

The worst noise issue we had was when our neighbour’s cabin connected to the one the other side. There were 2 families in them travelling together and were extremely noisy.

It actually seems to be getting more difficult to book a cabin that isn’t connected, I’m sure RC is increasing the numbers of them on each new ship that is built 🤔

I doubt they are/will ... those connecting cabins seem to be priced lower...or at least the offerings I've seen lately have been...Maybe it's just the particular ship? 

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I doubt they are/will ... those connecting cabins seem to be priced lower...or at least the offerings I've seen lately have been...Maybe it's just the particular ship? 

I hadn’t realised that some were priced lower, I’ll have to watch out for that. I’d definitely book one as opposed to a non connected if the price was better lol.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 1:33 PM, CaroleC said:

You were Lucky. Rarely I didnt have issues, ship or shore Hotels where I'd spend many as 10+ months a year in. If not loud people slamming doors which is amplified by conx door, then the smoke I had blowing under the door into my room when they smoked on Balcony with the Balcony Door open. They paid for it, second call they were Fined for Smoking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

You were Lucky. Rarely I didnt have issues, ship or shore Hotels where I'd spend many as 10+ months a year in. If not loud people slamming doors which is amplified by conx door, then the smoke I had blowing under the door into my room when they smoked on Balcony with the Balcony Door open. They paid for it, second call they were Fined for Smoking. 

I guess that we really have just been lucky then when it comes to connecting cabins. I honestly did think they were no different but after reading all the negative comments it’s certainly now made me think twice about booking one in future.