Eye watering cost of drinks package price on Anthem

I have never seen the drinks package that high! I thought RCI didn’t normally do the drinks packages on the short ones out of Southampton?

Maybe they are seeing at which price people will bite?

I looked at MSC which you don’t have to be vaccinated on which put us off. The other lines were too formal. Like you we+have had quite a few cancelled. We are on NCL in September and they have chucked everything in, drinks, dining, WiFi, OBC etc. We are not paying that much more for 10 nights compared with four.

we are looking at it as a treat, plus only an hours drive to Southampton.

Going to wait band see if they offer any reduction on the packages.

17 hours ago, Aladdin22 said:

Good for you Carole as I’m the same. Just shocked at the pricing!! I’ll definitely get my cocktails in during the Diamond happy hour! Just annoyed as we’ve also booked a Princess four night cruise where drinks, tips and WiFi are £30 per day. How RCI think we’ll pay almost £100 for the same is beyond me. Exhorbitant!! 

We’ve been loyal to RCI for several years but are trying MSC for the first time in July. Got a great deal on a balcony cabin with 30% NHS discount and including a premium drinks package + grats. No brainer really when you look at RCI pricing plus having to pay for a DP on top!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fabulous97 said:

I have never seen the drinks package that high! I thought RCI didn’t normally do the drinks packages on the short ones out of Southampton?

Maybe they are seeing at which price people will bite?

I looked at MSC which you don’t have to be vaccinated on which put us off. The other lines were too formal. Like you we+have had quite a few cancelled. We are on NCL in September and they have chucked everything in, drinks, dining, WiFi, OBC etc. We are not paying that much more for 10 nights compared with four.

we are looking at it as a treat, plus only an hours drive to Southampton.

Going to wait band see if they offer any reduction on the packages.

They don’t do them on 3n and under out of Southampton. Looks like they are doing them for 4n and longer.

How long can a Brit make a booze cruise last...?! 🤷‍♀️

Guest BigRoger
15 minutes ago, little britain said:

They don’t do them on 3n and under out of Southampton. Looks like they are doing them for 4n and longer.

Hi did you go on Anthem in the (good) old days? (When RC used to include the deluxe beverage package as part of the booking package!).... those 14 night cruises in med and canaries were ‘legendary’ (or infamous!).... (I speak as a self confessed enjoyer of more than just the odd GnT!!!!!)

2 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Hi did you go on Anthem in the (good) old days? (When RC used to include the deluxe beverage package as part of the booking package!).... those 14 night cruises in med and canaries were ‘legendary’ (or infamous!).... (I speak as a self confessed enjoyer of more than just the odd GnT!!!!!)

We booked a 10 night Canaries cruise on the Anthem for October 2020 back in January 2019. Got a great deal on a JS with a deluxe drinks package included. Did a L&S last year to October this year with the DP carried over too. Prices are now well over double what we paid and no longer include any packages!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fabulous97 said:

Don't forget in the UK we don't pay any gratuity on top of drinks packages, in Europe it is illegal. You pay for what you get nothing more. If we get "free" drinks packages no gratuities on either.

You do pay the gratuity , you probably don't realize it's added on to the price  but "hidden" in the price.  

• 4 weeks later...

This has been on there web site for the past week but they will not honour it as i have the booking for the 11th of July and i am fitting it all the way and now RC will not talk to me i will take this to english courts because this is illegal advertising in the uk 

IMG_0097.jpeg

IMG_0098.jpeg

On 4/15/2021 at 11:02 PM, twangster said:

Bring 2 bottles of wine with you.  Can you do that in the UK like elsewhere?

Hello,

Yes, but in the good old days of the printed brochure, it said 'Fine wines' - ie not plonk!

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

I've bought the £45 p/n DP (less a few p) as whatever drinks are bought on board, along with any other spending, will probably attract VAT at 20%.

I'm sailing on 29th August and through to 23rd September.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 6:43 PM, HicksRA said:

Maybe they’re planning ahead for when after 90% of passengers are Diamond and above from multiple bookings under the double points promo, they’re all swilling free drinks and need more money to pay for it. 
They gotta pay for all that free alcohol somehow. 😉

best comment i've read today...  swilling free drinks...!!!  lol

On 4/16/2021 at 7:04 PM, BigRoger said:

The only time I got a drink package was in the good old days of wine n beer packages, normally included in the cruise price.

Now we've worked our way up to Diamond,  I'm happy with the included soft drinks and Diamond drinks , with maybe the odd amaretto or brandy pay as you go.

Unhappily I find the older I get the less tolerance I have for too much booze 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 6:45 PM, little britain said:

14 nights..... I was on a July sailing on Anthem in 2015 from Southampton to the Med. Lots of 'Free' drinks packages sold with bookings and it got interesting at times to say the least.

It might just be me but you dont see the 'free' UK drinks packages anymore.

Edited by Tin can

I think RCI have worked out how much booze Brits can drink in four days at sea!

I did a secondary test booking and it does say in a big pink box

PURCHASE DISCOUNTED DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE UPON BOOKING COMPLETION