Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

2 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

My cruise is August 22, 2021 and I have been receiving the message for about a week.

I'm looking at a May 2nd cruise and getting that notice.

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I just spent 30 minutes in the phone with a Princess rep, and then Princess Customer Service. I told both of them our final payment for our Alaska cruise is due tomorrow, and I was unwilling to make that final payment until I could read the terms of the passage contract and risk acceptance statement, which must be accepted through the Medallion app. Which isn’t working. Again. 

I was told that a link to the risk acceptance statement was right on the Princess home page, idiot (that last bit wasn’t stated, only implied), in the upper left hand corner. When I said I didn’t see it, I was told to click on the Travel advisories link.  When I said I still didn’t see a COVID-19 acceptance statement, I was further directed to the 5/27/21 Notice to Passengers Regarding Advice from the CDC, which I clicked on.  Apparently, the second paragraph of that update is (verbatim, I was assured) the COVID-19 Risk Assessment Statement I will be required to accept via the Medallion app which is not working and is not expected to work all week. 

Interestingly, the link in the first paragraph, to the CDC Cruise Ship Travel Website takes me to a page where the first sentence states that the CDC recommends all people avoid travel on cruise ships. 

Honestly, if this was my first rodeo, the horse would be in the barn and I’d be home in my jammies having a glass of wine; I just wouldn’t particpate. Why is Princess putting us, their first guests willing and anxious to cruise with them again, through all this?

We never even got to where I might find the Passage Contract to read online before I fork over $000s tomorrow. It’s definitely a case where Princess has screwed up every step of the way, but I’m supposed to just trust them.   

To access the passage contract and risk assessment in the app (if you can access that 😉) first click on the “travel checklist”, then personal information and documents.  The passage contract/risk assessment is the second item on the list.  Once there the text with the all capital letters is the contract.  You can scroll up/down in that section to read it.  The covid risk info is in that same document after the passage contract terms.  There is a lot there so the scrolling/reading takes time.  Then of course you should be able to see the check boxes that confirm that you have read it, understand it and agree.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

I can see it on our cruises booked up to August 2022 but nothing beyond.

I was referring to the Travel Checklist and documents.   No issues with using the Medallion app for a couple of days.   Princess.com also up and working this afternoon.   Using IOS.

28 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

My cruise is August 22, 2021 and I have been receiving the message for about a week.

My Alaskan cruise (and that of 7 family members) was originally scheduled to depart on 7 Aug 2021. Princess cancelled that cruise and rebooked us on a similar cruise scheduled depart on 8 Aug 2021. Although the app says that this cruise is "is already part of your Journey.", I cannot access it. Any information I put in it defaults to the cancelled cruise. I have called and sent emails, I have done everything I know to do but to no avail.

There are 2 cruises before mine, the first is scheduled for 25 Jul 2021. Decisions about dining, excursions and paperwork that must be filled out on the app must be dealt with. What will happen if this continues. 

I work with computers, I understand the vagaries of them. And that it takes time to fix the problems.

But, the MOST infuriating part of all this, is the silence. It as if they do not have any respect or consideration for the people buying their services. I would like to know they understand and have empathy for their passengers.

• Like 4

So the app is still not working on either iphone (6 and 8 ) but it is finally working on the ipad. Well, kind of. It doesn't have the Covid contract, etc but says "coming soon" - maybe because the sailing I was looking at is April 2022. It does allow me to book dining and to reserve specialty restaurants, but not to book them as "complimentary" as it implied it would. What is alarming is that while it lists myself and my daughter as passengers, my son (passenger 3) is nowhere to be found. This means that if I reserve dining, it only gives the option of a table for 2....Maybe they want me to leave him at home!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cool_Dude said:

My Alaskan cruise (and that of 7 family members) was originally scheduled to depart on 7 Aug 2021. Princess cancelled that cruise and rebooked us on a similar cruise scheduled depart on 8 Aug 2021. Although the app says that this cruise is "is already part of your Journey.", I cannot access it. Any information I put in it defaults to the cancelled cruise. I have called and sent emails, I have done everything I know to do but to no avail.

There are 2 cruises before mine, the first is scheduled for 25 Jul 2021. Decisions about dining, excursions and paperwork that must be filled out on the app must be dealt with. What will happen if this continues. 

I work with computers, I understand the vagaries of them. And that it takes time to fix the problems.

But, the MOST infuriating part of all this, is the silence. It as if they do not have any respect or consideration for the people buying their services. I would like to know they understand and have empathy for their passengers.

We'll will be on, I hope, the same 8/8/21 Alaskan Cruise. Cruise has been paid in full. Have tried for the last two weeks to access the MedallionClass App which I have repeatedly added, deleted, added to my iPhone but whenever I attempted to log in on the app with either E-mail address or booking number, the screen flips me out or goes blank. Just called Medallion Support, again, and was told: "WE'RE WORKING ON IT, TRY AGAIN LATER." Maybe I'll try again, next month!!

22 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

We'll will be on, I hope, the same 8/8/21 Alaskan Cruise. Cruise has been paid in full. Have tried for the last two weeks to access the MedallionClass App which I have repeatedly added, deleted, added to my iPhone but whenever I attempted to log in on the app with either E-mail address or booking number, the screen flips me out or goes blank. Just called Medallion Support, again, and was told: "WE'RE WORKING ON IT, TRY AGAIN LATER." Maybe I'll try again, next month!!

My guess, it seems as though they have not finalized all the cabin reassignments for the Alaska season.   Decision time for the move overs is not for another couple of weeks.   Hopefully you will be able to make decisions in the next couple of weeks.   We have had a similar issue with  our switched cruises prior to the Medallion.   Once the response date for switch, refund, credit date passed  everything opened up.  A couple of times is was a week or so prior.

2 hours ago, kiwimum said:

I can see it on our cruises booked up to August 2022 but nothing beyond.

Thanks for this note.  We are OCT 2022, so maybe they will get to us soon.  I would like to make sure our dining is setup, especially since it seemed we can select the DR (from some earlier posts and from a brief moment of functionality I had a window into before the weekend).

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

So the app is still not working on either iphone (6 and 8 ) but it is finally working on the ipad. Well, kind of. It doesn't have the Covid contract, etc but says "coming soon" - maybe because the sailing I was looking at is April 2022. It does allow me to book dining and to reserve specialty restaurants, but not to book them as "complimentary" as it implied it would. What is alarming is that while it lists myself and my daughter as passengers, my son (passenger 3) is nowhere to be found. This means that if I reserve dining, it only gives the option of a table for 2....Maybe they want me to leave him at home!

Have you found the Add Child feature in the MC app?  

If not, ping me and I can check it out on my wife's phone tomorrow.  Or perhaps someone else will post.

Edited by Steelers36

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Have you found the Add Child feature in the MC app?  

If not, ping me and I can check it out on my wife's phone tomorrow.  Or perhaps someone else will post.

There's an add child feature????

2 hours ago, t&atravel said:

To access the passage contract and risk assessment in the app (if you can access that 😉) first click on the “travel checklist”, then personal information and documents.  The passage contract/risk assessment is the second item on the list.  Once there the text with the all capital letters is the contract.  You can scroll up/down in that section to read it.  The covid risk info is in that same document after the passage contract terms.  There is a lot there so the scrolling/reading takes time.  Then of course you should be able to see the check boxes that confirm that you have read it, understand it and agree.

I can now open the app and see my upcoming cruise, but can do nothing else in it. Can’t get anything in the travel checklist to open, can’t upload anything, can’t see the passage contract or COVID risk acceptance statement…nothing. 

Very sadly, my husband and think we might cancel this cruise tomorrow, simply because we’ve reached our frustration limit (actually, I met mine at least a week ago, because I am the one dealing with the app, the captains circle account and trying to get info on the contract, etc.) Even more unfortunately, this cruise was to have been our test cruise before we start making final payments for 9 more cruises we have booked for the fall and winter. All of them may now cancelled (although, honestly, if Princess caves to DeSantis and allows non vaccinated guests to travel, we were going to cancel those anyway). Maybe it’s just too soon for us to get back into the cruising game. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

There's an add child feature????

Login to MC App.

Go to OCEAN Ready Profile.

Scroll down to My Preferences below NEXT STEP.

Tap on that.... and tap on OCEANCompass at the bottom of the preferences list.

The next screen has LINK CHILD.

Try it out.  It's not a feature I have/will be using.

6 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I can now open the app and see my upcoming cruise, but can do nothing else in it. Can’t get anything in the travel checklist to open, can’t upload anything, can’t see the passage contract or COVID risk acceptance statement…nothing. 

Very sadly, my husband and think we might cancel this cruise tomorrow, simply because we’ve reached our frustration limit (actually, I met mine at least a week ago, because I am the one dealing with the app, the captains circle account and trying to get info on the contract, etc.) Even more unfortunately, this cruise was to have been our test cruise before we start making final payments for 9 more cruises we have booked for the fall and winter. All of them may now cancelled (although, honestly, if Princess caves to DeSantis and allows non vaccinated guests to travel, we were going to cancel those anyway). Maybe it’s just too soon for us to get back into the cruising game. 

Have you called Princess and spoke to them about any work-arounds?  I would think they would act quickly (customer relations) if you were about to cancel due to the buggy app. 

Looks like you and G are planning for some more circle Caribbean. 😉 

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Login to MC App.

Go to OCEAN Ready Profile.

Scroll down to My Preferences below NEXT STEP.

Tap on that.... and tap on OCEANCompass at the bottom of the preferences list.

The next screen has LINK CHILD.

Try it out.  It's not a feature I have/will be using.

Oh, that's to track the kids on the ship. I use this all the time! Lol. Miraculously, when I just went back into the app, my kid is now on there. Maybe it's fixed finally...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Oh, that's to track the kids on the ship. I use this all the time! Lol. Miraculously, when I just went back into the app, my kid is now on there. Maybe it's fixed finally...

Ahhh... I see.  Glad to know the child is no longer MIA.

• Like 1

Has anyone been successful in getting the app to work on an older iphone? We have a 6 and an 8 and it doesn't work on either - just crashes before I can even log in. It seems to be working beautifully on the ipad now.

26 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Has anyone been successful in getting the app to work on an older iphone? We have a 6 and an 8 and it doesn't work on either - just crashes before I can even log in. It seems to be working beautifully on the ipad now.

I use iPhone 8 using IOS 14.4.2 , medallionclass 3.1.1 with no issues.

Edited by kiwimum

4 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Thanks - so I guess it's not the device. Seems the app works for some and not others...weird.

Check the version of the app you are using?  I added the Medallioncruise version while you posted.  I needed to check the settings.

Edited by kiwimum

14 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

Great theory Steelers36, but possibly could it be that Princess doesn’t know what they’re doing?   They OBVIOUSLY don’t know their cruising demographic or they wouldn’t be making the medallion mandatory!   Also a great idea to let your grandkids help...just what I want to do....give them my credit card info...lol

The Medallion being mandatory is not the problem.

Mandatory use of the app pre-cruise is the problem.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Oh my goodness.  I can't believe they are putting us all through this.

The second paragraph that I can see on the Princess website says this:

"If a threshold of COVID-19 is detected onboard, the voyage will be ended, the ship returned to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel or return home may be restricted or delayed."

Whereas the Risk Assessment statement that was shared by the Princess SVP two weeks ago is very different (see attached).

What a mess.

COVID19RiskAcceptance.pdf 160.91 kB · 16 downloads

Hilarious.

The risk assessment form says:

"The CDC’s travel advisories, warnings and recommendations should be reviewed by guests at https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship."

And then when you go to the CDC document it says:

"CDC recommends that all people avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide."

CDC document also says:

• Stay at least 6 feet/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who is not traveling with you. It’s important to do this everywhere—both indoors and outdoors.
  • Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when you are in shared spaces. Masks are required on planes, cruise ships, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports, seaports, and train and subway stations.
  • Get tested with a COVID-19 viral test 1–3 days before your departure, even if you are fully vaccinated.  

23 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Thanks - so I guess it's not the device. Seems the app works for some and not others...weird.

Weird is the word.  It is why I think there is some sort of data conversion going on into a newer system.  Otherwise it doesn't make sense that the software works for some and not others in pretty much same device environment.  Either that, or perhaps they have it turned on up to a certain future voyage date so far (but I am doubting that based on reports of working and not working for similar dates). 

Of course, it's crickets from Princess as to what is really going on and the VP of Sales seems oblivious to the reality of the issues.

5 hours ago, Loretta_Thomas said:

Hello, I am a very first timer here and have booked our first 7 day cruise to Alaska from Seattle! It is all so overwhelming and then they tell me I have to use this APP.... Well, as you all have been talking about the app does not work. I still have it on my Samsung phone but it is gone from the Play Store. The App does not show my husband on it. When they first told me to use the app I did while on the phone booking my trip. I could not get in, but it finally let me in via email, as it did not want to take my booking number. Now it shows I have two accounts, one using email and one using booking number and neither of them show my husband on them. It is my name and only me on the app no matter what I do or look at. I started ordering my medallion and it looks like I have 2 in there both with my name on it.... This ***** is really frustrating to say the least.

Princess has had before the pandemic an "Escape Room" experience on the ship. Those who sign up are in the room and have a limited amount of time to find clues to solve all the puzzles to "escape" from the room.

I consider this exercise with the app to a pre-cruise Escape Room.

If you can correctly follow all the clues and solve all the puzzles, then you have satisfied the requirements for escaping the app and actually taking the cruise.

• Haha 1

For some reason my cancelled cruise for June 26 showed up in my list of upcoming cruises and the wording is the same as @azbirdmomposted.   My October 20, 2022 has changed to reflect the new wording.  I cannot access the 5 cruises I have accepted the earlier contract wording for.   It has definitely changed in the last couple of hours.

NOTIFICATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKS FOR COVID-19 

Important Notice to Guests – Please Read Carefully and Acknowledge 

GUEST ACKNOWLEDGES, UNDERSTANDS AND ACCEPTS THAT WHILE ABOARD THE VESSEL, IN TERMINALS AND BOARDING AREAS, OR DURING ACTIVITIES ASHORE AND/ OR WHILE TRAVELING TO OR FROM THE VESSEL, THE GUEST OR OTHER GUESTS MAY BE EXPOSED TO COVID-19. GUEST FURTHER UNDERSTANDS THAT THE RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 IS INHERENT IN MOST ACTIVITIES WHERE PEOPLE INTERACT OR SHARE COMMON FACILITIES, IS BEYOND THE CONTROL OF PRINCESS CRUISES, AND CANNOT BE ELIMINATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. GUEST IS AWARE THAT THIS RISK INCLUDES THE POSSIBILITY OF SERIOUS ILLNESS, INJURY AND/OR DEATH ARISISING FROM SUCH EXPOSURE, AND RELATED DAMAGES, LOSS ANDE EXPENSES. GUEST UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT IT SHALL BE HIS/HER RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION ABOUT CRUISING BASED ON HIS/HER INDIVIDUAL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19. 
Princess Cruises requires all guests to undergo screening and provide specific health information relating to guest’s possible exposure to or infection with COVID-19 to determine guest’s eligibility to sail aboard the vessel. Guest hereby authorizes the release of the health information to Princess Cruises, its medical staff or consultants, contractually engaged third parties, and any required governmental or health authorities to use for COVID-19 screening and/or mitigation. Guest agrees that if at any time within 14 days prior to embarkation or at any time during the cruise Guest tests positive for COVID-19, exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19, has had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, or Princess Cruises otherwise determines in its sole discretion that Guest is unfit to board because of any communicable illness, Guest shall be subject to denial of boarding the Vessel, denial of re-boarding, quarantine, isolation and/or disembarkation. 

Notice to Guests Regarding Advice from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) 

The CDC cautions that any travel poses a higher risk of contracting COVID-19 and advises that travel to more than 150 countries presents a very high risk in addition to cruises.  This is especially important for people with an increased risk of severe illness, such as older adults and those with certain underlying medical conditions.  The CDC’s travel advisories, warnings and recommendations should be reviewed by guests at https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship. If a threshold of COVID-19 is detected on board the vessel, the voyage will be ended, the vessel will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel home may be restricted or delayed.  Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by vessel and destination and are subject to change without notice. 

• I have read and understand the above Notification and Acknowledgment of Risks for COVID-19

things are changing constantly.   

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1