Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

9 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I noticed that the new app was in the Play Store today so I deleted the old one on my Android and then replaced it with the new one.  Same old problems with logging in and linking my booking.  Called Princess and a nice representative told me that they are having problems with the Android and are working on trying to get things fixed --- it is a process and will take time --- I get that.  With cruising starting up in July, the app will have to be functional and they are under the gun to make things right.  So for now, I am just going to back away for a week and then revisit the situation again.  I have two upcoming cruises:  one in August and one next year.  My only concern at this point is the August one; the other can wait.  Tired of worrying about something that is out of my control.  Wish everyone luck.

Did they tell you when you could choose your arrival time? I know I can't do health questionnaire until August 1st (8/15/21 cruise)

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Did they tell you when you could choose your arrival time? I know I can't do health questionnaire until August 1st (8/15/21 cruise)

??? Not sure you meant the question for me.  I can't even get into my booking or see anything.

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

By the way, I just went to make more screen shots of the app and after clocking for a while, Dine My Way throws a message "Dine My Way is not available right now.  Please check back later."  Fingers crossed that this means that more updates are coming!

In the new version of the app (Android at least), there are two places to access DMW.  I found when one gave the error, I tried the other and got in okay.  DMW moves at a snail's pace, BTW. Now, it could be if I re-tried the original way in, it might have worked on second try. 

DMW - Entry 1 = Default screen after login which is your next voyage info with a clock on "Your dream vacation starts in".  Below that is the OCEANReady info and use tap on the new icon there that is a clock with a fork and knife on the left.  The calendar on the right is the quick link to Patter information. 

DMW - Entry 2 = Scroll down that "home" page, past OCEANReady and JourneyView to OCEANNow.  Under OCEANNow , you find "Dine My Way" to tap on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FredZiffle said:

Okay, this is annoying as hell.  The Medallion App will only install on one of our devices.  Even on that iPad, when I open it, it stays open for about 10 seconds, then closes itself.  So, I'm unable to complete anything.  What's the solution?

See if Arnold can get it working for you.  The app was designed by Hank Kimball after all.  😊

2023495299_ArnoldZiffel2.jpg.4ef8c3b526a1a664015fd53b5a421234.jpg

1805268455_HankKimball.jpg.8ecac4be291e6c62fb76e91de3fd132d.jpg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

See if Arnold can get it working for you.  The app was designed by Hank Kimball after all.  😊

2023495299_ArnoldZiffel2.jpg.4ef8c3b526a1a664015fd53b5a421234.jpg

1805268455_HankKimball.jpg.8ecac4be291e6c62fb76e91de3fd132d.jpg

Arnold is lucky to have a book to read about the ap.  😃  I need a copy!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

In the new version of the app (Android at least), there are two places to access DMW.  I found when one gave the error, I tried the other and got in okay.  DMW moves at a snail's pace, BTW. Now, it could be if I re-tried the original way in, it might have worked on second try. 

DMW - Entry 1 = Default screen after login which is your next voyage info with a clock on "Your dream vacation starts in".  Below that is the OCEANReady info and use tap on the new icon there that is a clock with a fork and knife on the left.  The calendar on the right is the quick link to Patter information. 

DMW - Entry 2 = Scroll down that "home" page, past OCEANReady and JourneyView to OCEANNow.  Under OCEANNow , you find "Dine My Way" to tap on.

I had tried both places earlier today and struck out then but it is back up again now.

As Steelers said most problems a. Related to data and b. Possibly merging data from other systems. Classic example of testing with a good data set. Also if Princess IT has to fix data it can take a long time to do it. Pity they cannot advise of a general data problem and have us fix it ourselves. 

1 hour ago, Happy2cruise said:

Trying to scan passports and nothing happens.....help!

We've taken one medallian cruise in 2019. If I remember correctly I was able to enter my passport info manually. I didn't know how to scan. I wonder if that is still possible with new app. 

6 hours ago, dog said:

Personal information. - documents links 

passport to scan it to app. 

I haven’t done it yet but was told to hold iPhone over open passport page take photo using app as camera

other please correct if wrong

i was able to choose standard medallion to pick up at pier

too early for some things

1 hour ago, Happy2cruise said:

Trying to scan passports and nothing happens.....help!

From memory, I went into documents, manually entered passport #, name, nationality, etc.  To add the passport picture, I had to allow Oceanready access to my camera.   Laid passport flat  and followed the steps.  Had to scan a couple of times as my passport, not a US, has a very shiny, stiff covering on the detail page and created a glare.  Finally got it done. 
With the way the app Is running at the present time, sloooww,  I would wait to try and upload. 

Edited by kiwimum

Sent to TAs today:

Update on new MedallionClass App release

As announced in last week’s newsletter, we have launched an update of the MedallionClass app that includes Dine My Way functionality. Please note that some guests may experience intermittent service issues when using the MedallionClass app as we work to finalize the new set of features. As with all things involving technology, the early days can be challenging but the end result will be worth it!

In addition, as part of this new app release, we have migrated all dining preferences for all existing bookings made as of June 3 and are no longer asking for dining preferences at time of booking, as that will now be handled within the MedallionClass app. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we update this experience.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Sent to TAs today:

As announced in last week’s newsletter, we have launched an update of the MedallionClass app that includes Dine My Way functionality. Please note that some guests may experience intermittent service issues when using the MedallionClass app as we work to finalize the new set of features. As with all things involving technology, the early days can be challenging but the end result will be worth it!

In addition, as part of this new app release, we have migrated all dining preferences for all existing bookings made as of June 3 and are no longer asking for dining preferences at time of booking, as that will now be handled within the MedallionClass app. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we update this experience.

Did they say what happens if you don't have a smart phone?

6 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I am happy you were able to get all your questions answered so you could make the right choice for you.

When I decided to take one of these early sailings with the medallion ap that I’ve ever used on a class of ship I’ve never been on (bc I like smaller ships) I assumed the worst case scenario would happen. Meaning the ap wouldn’t work, the crew would be rusty, the protocols would be changing constantly before and after boarding …..and so on.

I think since my expectations are so low, my level of frustration has also been low. I decided it would all have to work out in the end. I might be wrong but then I don’t expect to right. Lol. 

I hope you have a great cruise! 

Thanks so much!

We agreed last night that we have zero expectations about this cruise. It’s basically just a test to see if we’ll want to cruise this winter. As for the ship…it’s the ship we disembarked in Sydney on February 12, 2020 just before the world changed. I am not a fan of big ships either, at all, but the Majestic Princess is beautiful and we do enjoy the covered pool area.

Safe travels! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

BTW, I can’t get into DMW today either, but can still get into the Personal Information and Documents section. So what was fixed yesterday is partially broken today. 

I can get into the DMW section but have never yet been able to get into the Personal Information and Documents section. I don't really care about the DMW section as these days we have migrated over to Anytime Dining and don't need to figure out dining months in advance. The important part of the app still gives me the "all hands on tech" message. (Awwww... Isn't that just so cute? Bleh...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Sent to TAs today:

Glad they are at least acknowledging the issues with TAs.  It's something!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joepeka said:

That is precisely what they have been saying and always stopping short of saying to go buy a smart phone. 😠

Sadly, I have a smart phone. Still can't access the app. Not really sure who I should go find???