Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

36 minutes ago, joepeka said:

I did likewise (after reading your comment) and it changed to "2" but when I exited the app and came back in, it was back to "0".  Oh well....

Just looked at mine again. Stayed at two. Select people.

Both our photos have green check marks. 

Some of you have to get app fixed. 

45 minutes ago, Thrak said:

When I select Arrival and Departure Groups it just spins and spins and spins...

I think the wording "Select Property" is a bit odd.

Mine says Select Party. 2 

shows our photos 

then Select Peoplegreen  

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I heard back from Ocean Medallion and submitted the additional info requested:

Full Name on Reservation: 

Booking Number:  

Device Type being used when accessing the MedallionClass app: 

Operating System on Device: 

MedallionClass version:

Let see if that helps. Perhaps if anyone else contacts them, they can include that info in the initial email as I'm certainly not the only one with issues

I had also contacted them over the weekend and just got the same response as you.  Just sent in my information and hope that possibly the person who sent me the email can take it one step further than my Princess tech that I dealt with today.

• Like 1

Just now, dog said:

It was the same for me (showed "2" selected and green check marks) but then I exited the app and relaunched it, when I went to arrival groups, it was back to zero. I know I am a release back level (I think I updated it two weeks ago) but my only option now is to uninstall the version I have (which is mostly working) and install the latest version and hope all my data is carried over. If not (as Charlie Brown often says in frustration) GGAAAHHHHHH!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dog said:

I have the current MC app on a current iOS iPad & could select 2 people but the results were the same…no arrival nor departure times are currently available for our cruises.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I heard back from Ocean Medallion and submitted the additional info requested:

Full Name on Reservation: 

Booking Number:  

Device Type being used when accessing the MedallionClass app: 

Operating System on Device: 

MedallionClass version:

Let see if that helps. Perhaps if anyone else contacts them, they can include that info in the initial email as I'm certainly not the only one with issues

I submitted all that info in my email to them, along with the main issue I am experiencing (namely just getting the app to stay open - lol.) I got a response back asking if I would be open to speaking to them by phone. I replied with a "Heck Yes" and also attached a video of the issue - namely, opening up the app and showing it crashing before even getting to log in. My phone call is scheduled for tomorrow. I am not too hopeful that anything will be fixed, but will definitely update you all! My suspicion (and I am definitely not an IT person) is that it will boil down to the fact that I have an older iphone (6) and the operating system is updated as far as it can be. Although their specs say that the app is compatible with both my phone model and operating system, I am willing to bet that actually isn't the case. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I have no intention of buying a new phone just to use the app.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I have the current MC app on a current iOS iPad & could select 2 people but the results were the same…no arrival nor departure times are currently available for our cruises.

I am only posting about the number mentioned in posts above. My times cannot be selected yet for March 2022 cr.unise. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Yes & one “property” doesn’t show yet for 1 of our 3 reservations: Discovery Princess

Property stay is the ship Sky Princess for me. Odd wording 

21 minutes ago, dog said:

I am only posting about the number mentioned in posts above. My times cannot be selected yet for March 2022 cr.unise. 

It'll be fixed by then, I'm hoping mine will be fixed by the time I cruise in August 2021. 

Actually my biggest concern is getting the #5: Health Status completed August 1st. I can't get on the boat w/o that. So I also emailed MR (PVP). Princess has 45 days to figure this out before I kick it up to Kimberly Baldwin 

• Like 1

My android phone  is operating system 7. For the appl. to work must be 8 or more. Checked my husband's phone , his is 8.Will be going into TMobile tomorrow and see if they can update mine. If not, guess I will have to get a new phone.Now I know why the Medallion appl not working properly for me.

My tablet that I usually take with me  on vacations and cruises seems to have crashed today. Was going to try and put Medallion appl. on it. Totally died.

I am not tech savvy. Can navigate my computer well enough and that is about it. This has been so frustrating trying to get my phone Medallion app to work. Previously on cruises when we did everything on computer , so easy. When the first Medallion program came out, had no problem using it on my phone . Wish they would have just left it the way it was before.

So tomorrow either my phone gets fixed or I get a new one. Then I will deal with the Appl. again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

It'll be fixed by then, I'm hoping mine will be fixed by the time I cruise in August 2021. 

Actually my biggest concern is getting the #5: Health Status completed August 1st. I can't get on the boat w/o that. So I also emailed MR (PVP). Princess has 45 days to figure this out before I kick it up to Kimberly Baldwin 

earlier today I posted: I got a reply from 

customerrelations@Princesscruises.com

”fill in what you can. We will have agents at the pier to assist in helping you complete the rest.”

1 minute ago, dog said:

earlier today I posted: I got a reply from 

customerrelations@Princesscruises.com

”fill in what you can. We will have agents at the pier to assist in helping you complete the rest.”

Including Health Questionaire?

43 minutes ago, dog said:

Property stay is the ship Sky Princess for me. Odd wording 

Agree…odd wording & mine should be Discovery Princess but the name is blank.

I made DMW reservations & see that my first 3 Travel Checklist sections are completed but none of those are green like for my 2 other cruises. As long as everything is there before our Spring ‘22 cruise & Discovery arrives as scheduled we’ll be okay. If not, it’ll be another Plan B situation.

36 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Try vjohnson@carnival.com 

That's who responded to my email - I believe Vicki Johnson is one of the high ups on this as she was featured in the latest Princess video (posted on FB today) about it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

When I select Arrival and Departure Groups it just spins and spins and spins... I think the wording "Select Property" is a bit odd.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Yeah I can click continually without any change. I'm stuck

2 hours ago, joepeka said:

I did likewise (after reading your comment) and it changed to "2" but when I exited the app and came back in, it was back to "0".  Oh well....

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Yeah, I poked around mine and got 2 selected to show up. But then I got the raspberry just like before. Isn't this fun?

There should not be a 30 page, Blind Leading The Blind, "tech support" topic on CruiseCritic.

Princess Cruise Lines should have a tech support forum like many tech companies do. Now that Princess is in the app business, they need to start acting like an app company.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

My android phone  is operating system 7. For the appl. to work must be 8 or more

Mine is android operating system 10. Still doesn't work. Waiting for tech support to respond 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Where do you see 'Health Status' we filled our details on online not via app and didn’t see anything about Health

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Skip Kimberly Baldwin, kick it up to Collin Steinke or Lorna Warren.

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Where do you see 'Health Status' we filled our details on online not via app and didn’t see anything about Health

It's Step 5 on the MedallionClass app. Princess will assign Step 4 if I cannot pick one but I need to do 5 ( this is an app screenshot).  I

20210609_094743.thumb.jpg.b9475eec7dfa2972a45596c58081e48a.jpg

This is where I get stuck 

20210614_124112.thumb.jpg.d9e1bbf400a8967f75622633c54eeabd.jpg

Others can get the app to recognize a cruiser at this step but I'm "0 persons"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Skip Kimberly Baldwin, kick it up to Collin Steinke or Lorna Warren.

Steinke is now with HAL.  Will send to Lorna Warren 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

That's who responded to my email - I believe Vicki Johnson is one of the high ups on this as she was featured in the latest Princess video (posted on FB today) about it.

She is a contractor according to the email that I received from her today.  Finally.  They asked me the same questions that others have been asked then immediately sent another email apologizing as I had already provided everything except names on the reservation and booking numbers.

11 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:
2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

She is a contractor according to the email that I received from her today.  Finally.  They asked me the same questions that others have been asked then immediately sent another email apologizing as I had already provided everything except names on the reservation and booking numbers.

I will give it until Friday then email lwarren@princesscruises.com & kbaldwin@princesscruises.com 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Were they able to resolve your issues?

• Like 1