Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

42 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Mine is not new. It’s an iPhone 8 if that makes a difference. I’m just muddling along and hoping I’m doing it all right. 

Based on the app’s specs it’s usable on iPhones as old as the 5S as long as it has iOS 10.0 or later.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

Maybe I misunderstood. I use the same log in for both the app & Princess mobile site. Was that the question or was it whether or not you needed to complete check-in on MC? (If latter, yes check-in is now on a poorly designed app)

I meant creating a sign in to medallion App versus signing in with Booking number. We were away from home and I did not remember Princess Login Password, so used Booking number. Everything seemed to work Ok on my iPad with latest iOS. I am home now and will try Princess Login.

BTW the Personal Info viewed on Princess website, Windows 10, shows  data we have input for previous cruises, nothing about Health Status etc.

Edit: Sign in with Princess website login ID accepts email but next screen does not advance when I enter Password. Went back and signed in OK with Booking number. Is the trick to Create and account and use same Password ?

Edited by Tedferg

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

S has a new iPhone so I'll try his phone when I'm back in SF or the next time he's over for dinner

I have an iPhone 11 and arrival and departure times cannot be selected on my phone for an August 8th cruise.  I'm in the blue lane for that cruise on my phone for no apparent reason and my hubby's Samsung 10e has us in the green lane and we can't get the arrival / departure times on his phone either.  These are just some of the many problems that I have outlined in the email I sent to the tech team.  Hoping for an update soon.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On the Medallion Monday Videos, they indicated that the final two steps on the app prior to checkin will be close to actual check in. In fact, the health info they indicated would be three days before sailing.  So we may not get boarding group assignments until very close to the cruise.  Norm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, nreeder said:

On the Medallion Monday Videos, they indicated that the final two steps on the app prior to checkin will be close to actual check in. In fact, the health info they indicated would be three days before sailing.  So we may not get boarding group assignments until very close to the cruise.  Norm

Yes, but I would think boarding groups would be scheduled for as early as the 75-day mark when BP's and Luggage Tags were available.  It would be helpful if Princess would simply come and out and state the situation.  As I have suggested before, it would be nice if Suites & Elites got first dibs on selecting a group.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on the app’s specs it’s usable on iPhones as old as the 5S as long as it has iOS 10.0 or later.

True, but the developer I spoke with said they have been having compatibility issues with iphone 6 and iphone 6s. They are hoping to resolve this in the next few weeks...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Somebody made a decision and staked their career on the MedalionClass App. They wanted everything changed over to the app. If it fails to work out, this person is likely doomed. He/She will "go to the wall" to defend the total changeover. Giving in and bringing back the functionality of the Personalize is a no go for this person. I have no idea who it is but this does seem to be an "all or nothing" situation. I just wish Princess would kick that person in their "personals" and back off. Reinstating the Personalizer shouldn't be that difficult and, as a transition step, would be immensely helpful for their customer base and their image. Baby steps rather than "THIS IS HOW IT IS NOW" would, in my opinion, be the better path. I could be wrong. I obviously don't have all (or even more than the tiniest bit of) the information but I do honestly think they should backpedal a bit and let people adjust to this change - especially in light of the fact that their much lauded app doesn't seem to function properly.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Somebody made a decision and staked their career on the MedalionClass App. They wanted everything changed over to the app. If it fails to work out, this person is likely doomed. He/She will "go to the wall" to defend the total changeover. Giving in and bringing back the functionality of the Personalize is a no go for this person. I have no idea who it is but this does seem to be an "all or nothing" situation. I just wish Princess would kick that person in their "personals" and back off. Reinstating the Personalizer shouldn't be that difficult and, as a transition step, would be immensely helpful for their customer base and their image. Baby steps rather than "THIS IS HOW IT IS NOW" would, in my opinion, be the better path. I could be wrong. I obviously don't have all (or even more than the tiniest bit of) the information but I do honestly think they should backpedal a bit and let people adjust to this change - especially in light of the fact that their much lauded app doesn't seem to function properly.

VERY well said.  Thank you.

12 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Supposedly but mine is a 5s and running iOS 12 and will not work 🤦‍♀️

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

I SO agree!

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Somebody made a decision and staked their career on the MedalionClass App. They wanted everything changed over to the app. If it fails to work out, this person is likely doomed. He/She will "go to the wall" to defend the total changeover. Giving in and bringing back the functionality of the Personalize is a no go for this person.

I'm thinking the 'somebody' got a huge signing bonus to leave disney, so being doomed might not really be so bad.

Unless, the signing bonus was in CCL stock...

• Like 2

Well so far so good, signed in OK with Booking Number then created account using same email and password as Princess login and everything works OK. I have only done basic stuff like bed preference etc. name, address, emergency contact. iPad iOS 14.6 iPhone SE iOS 14.4

Edited by Tedferg

Confused over Dining option Slow / Medium / Fast, we are probably Medium since we usually want to dine and go to a show. Not sure how Fast would work but what if there is a 6 or 8 top and other passengers are Slow or Fast - do they give Fast Pax a straw with their soup ???

Edited by Tedferg

Well, I am happy to report that progress is being made on my behalf.  Today, the app recognizes my reservations --- well sort of:  shows 2 cancelled cruises and 1 active one for 2022.  If the statement is true that the cancelled cruises will be falling off the app this weekend, then I have hope and keeping fingers crossed that the replacement cruise will finally be recognized (we sail in 66 days.) 

I have an Android 11.  Good luck to all.

• Like 2

Before Princess went to Medallion only , they should have tried it to see if it worked properly on our android phones before wiping out the personalizer abilities to enter everything.

All I know if they can't resolve the issues and make us go the extra steps at checkin (at the terminals), there will be lots of confusion, screaming etc to deal with. We are doing all of this right now with our frustration. Buying a new phone (as per Princess suggestion), I want them to think about how many people are doing this right now and the program still stinks for us.I have a really nice new Samsung . By the way on Princess personalizer, if I click on that I want to download the program, it now recognizes that I have it on my new phone. So there is definitely a connection of sorts there.

I am not very tech savvy but I know how to follow directions and make things work (if they are workable).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, davemorton said:

I still have not worked out where to put my passport details in. 

The Ocean Medallion app has a SECTION called Ocean Ready. If you click on Travel Checklist under it, then Personal Information & Documents, Then Travel Documents, that is where you enter the passport.

I am confirming this as I am typing and mine seems to be freezing up at the moment...ugh...but that is where it is...you will need to scan your passport. Follow the instructions inside the app.

• Like 1