Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

Make sure the app isn't turning on your flash or the flashlight to "help" you. (I hate being "helped" when I don't ask for it.)

No lights around except for the normal lighting. I even took it to the darkest part of the room I could find 😂 thank goodness it finally accepted the old picture of it I took from the past cruises. 

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Looks like more and more CC posters are getting a working MC App.  Progress at last!!!

Must be the modern technology you American guys have - I can only guess its Apple. 😀 

The poor Brits are not having much luck with their out of date Androids. 😈

7 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Must be the modern technology you American guys have - I can only guess its Apple. 😀 

I'm an Android owning American. My app finally began working correctly last night. I have a Samsung Gallaxy S8. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davemorton said:

And im an Apple owning Brit, and it isnt working for me 🙂 

LOL. I had just about given up on mine ever working. It continuously  showed 2 cruises that were cancelled long ago but not our booked cruise for Nov. Then suddenly, the 2 cancelled cruises were gone & the booked cruise was there with green checks on several items. Full disclosure - it also now shows a cancelled Island cruise, but I'm ignoring that. 😁

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Did you phone or email?

How long did it take before corrected?

iphone or Android?

I had originally called and didn't get a working solution so I sent an email to: A360ad7@carnival.com and they started working on it right away.  Share your complete name, booking number, device the app is on, the operating system used and the version of that.

They wrote back within a day and solved my issue with a couple of days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Grego said:

I had originally called and didn't get a working solution so I sent an email to: A360ad7@carnival.com and they started working on it right away.  Share your complete name, booking number, device the app is on, the operating system used and the version of that.

Thanks!!

I'll give it a try.💖

Well, I was probably the loudest complainer about this app and was ready to cancel my Princess cruise.  Decided one week ago to give it one last shot and then I’d be done with it.  Hallelujah, it started to cooperate!  As of today, I’ve been able to accomplish as much as possible, considering our cruise isn’t until May, and I’m so darn pleased with myself!  As they say “Patience is a virtue”.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

I'm an Android owning American. My app finally began working correctly last night. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. 

Me too.  Android all the way.  Samsung S10.

• Like 1

I was doing really well with the app had got to 'green lane' with the booking for myself, my husband and son and then last night it all went haywire!!! 

Captains circle number changed, went from elite to never cruised with no bookings (I have 3),and half my personal details were my sons which it wouldn't let me change 😂 it also gave me a 6 week phantom cruise 😂

I've left the 'issues' in the hands of a very helpful lady from Princess 🤞

1 hour ago, Grego said:

I am about 99% convinced it is data issues with conversion from Personalizer.

• Like 2

I've had my issues with the MedallionClass App, but this morning it is working just fine. Cleared out the cancelled cruises and seems fairly responsive. I think they will have the bugs worked out by the time it is actually needed

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, billco said:

I've had my issues with the MedallionClass App, but this morning it is working just fine. Cleared out the cancelled cruises and seems fairly responsive. I think they will have the bugs worked out by the time it is actually needed

Yes, I was going to mention this.  IMO, the performance/response for OceanReady is significantly better than yesterday (SAT).  DMW may be slightly faster too I think.  But that one is still lacking. 

One step at a time.

Today's Medallion update for my Android 11:

1  Last cancelled cruise fell off the list

2  All my Personalizer information was transferred to the app (passport, emergency contact, etc.) Only problem I still have is that I can't update emergency contact telephone number -- went into edit and provided information but would not recognize it.  Will probably have to call Princess to manually do this --- unless someone knows what to do otherwise.

3  Was able to put in my PIN

4  As for payment, this information was provided when I put I did my pre-cruise documents on my desktop.  For some reason, this information did not transfer over to the app.  I am a little apprehensive about putting the CC information on the app because I don't know if it is safe to do so --- on my desktop, I have a security feature.

5  My husband is traveling with me and I was easily able to toggle back and forth between his and my requested information.

Final note, when checking and providing information for the app, I had to make sure to scroll down to the bottom of my phone page to ensure I could engage the save or next button.  In my haste I forgot to do this and was frustrating myself thinking the input should have saved and wasn't sure why it wasn't --- now I know why --- duh!

Happy Father's Day to all.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm going to just relax & watch the 1st ones to Alaska. I'm on the 4th voyage so the kinks should be worked out by then

I like your way of thinking  same here 

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm going to just relax & watch the 1st ones to Alaska. I'm on the 4th voyage so the kinks should be worked out by then

23 minutes ago, dog said:

I like your way of thinking  same here 

agreed - what else can you really do besides sit here and read what all the " cc experts" are pontificating about when they really don't 'know" anymore than you or I

our cruise is late November - on the Regal will ( hopefully ) have had time to work out logistics / staffing/ whatever that may be a continuing evolving situation for time to come - what happens on one cruise could easily change for the very next cruise - and changes that may or may not be apparent to the paying customers

guess we'll at least download the app, maybe this week, maybe not - I'll let the "experts" be the test monkeys for Princess and absorb the aggravation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Our TA said he has clients with more than 50 Princess cruises. It seems Princess has somehow lost their email and dates of birth making them unable to even access the app. Wow. Just wow.

6 hours ago, Canberra forever ! said:

I was doing really well with the app had got to 'green lane' with the booking for myself, my husband and son and then last night it all went haywire!!! 

Captains circle number changed, went from elite to never cruised with no bookings (I have 3),and half my personal details were my sons which it wouldn't let me change 😂 it also gave me a 6 week phantom cruise 😂

I've left the 'issues' in the hands of a very helpful lady from Princess 🤞

Oh my gosh! Now I'm afraid to look at mine. Lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Today's Medallion update for my Android 11:

1  Last cancelled cruise fell off the list

2  All my Personalizer information was transferred to the app (passport, emergency contact, etc.) Only problem I still have is that I can't update emergency contact telephone number -- went into edit and provided information but would not recognize it.  Will probably have to call Princess to manually do this --- unless someone knows what to do otherwise.

3  Was able to put in my PIN

4  As for payment, this information was provided when I put I did my pre-cruise documents on my desktop.  For some reason, this information did not transfer over to the app.  I am a little apprehensive about putting the CC information on the app because I don't know if it is safe to do so --- on my desktop, I have a security feature.

5  My husband is traveling with me and I was easily able to toggle back and forth between his and my requested information.

Final note, when checking and providing information for the app, I had to make sure to scroll down to the bottom of my phone page to ensure I could engage the save or next button.  In my haste I forgot to do this and was frustrating myself thinking the input should have saved and wasn't sure why it wasn't --- now I know why --- duh!

Happy Father's Day to all.

Are you able to check your settings are see what version of the MC you are working with.

I have an Android 11 and when I down load the new version, I just want to confirm it's the correct one.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, EightFurryPaws said:

Are you able to check your settings are see what version of the MC you are working with.

I have an Android 11 and when I down load the new version, I just want to confirm it's the correct one.

Thanks

I just looked at my installation and the one in the Play Store.  Both versions are 3.0.91632 and updated on June 7, 2021.  Hope it helps.  Good luck.

Wow.  All of a sudden I am back in business.  All of the lost steps have been restored and I can update my emergency contact.  And I'm in the green lane for our August 8th cruise - finally!  Still can't select arrival or departure cruise but it looks like they have made significant changes and I'm liking it.

• Like 1