Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

I have just spoke to Princess Medallion Class rep and tech people and they have told me that there should be no problem with my i-pad mini 2, running OS:12.5.4. I have also just down loaded the latest Medallion Class app update. Guess what it will still not run. Opens to the login setup and then just closes. You open it again and it closes. They told me as they have told others just get someone else to check-in for us or hopefully another app update will fix the problem. The old check-in will not be available, so sorry. Not very happy, just like a lot of other posters here on CC.

21 minutes ago, Dave from Ont said:

I have just spoke to Princess Medallion Class rep and tech people and they have told me that there should be no problem with my i-pad mini 2, running OS:12.5.4. I have also just down loaded the latest Medallion Class app update. Guess what it will still not run. Opens to the login setup and then just closes. You open it again and it closes. They told me as they have told others just get someone else to check-in for us or hopefully another app update will fix the problem. The old check-in will not be available, so sorry. Not very happy, just like a lot of other posters here on CC.

Not sure if they told you this already, but it’s a good idea to delete the app off your phone/iPad, reboot, then download a fresh copy from the App Store. The reboot in between is key for us at my work, when troubleshooting app issues. 

• Like 2

Almost everything I reported to the Ocean folks that wasn't functioning on my iPhone 11 now is working.  I was able to choose an Arrival Group for our August 8th cruise.  Can't choose a departure group but that may be by design.  What is odd is that we do finally show as Ocean Ready and in the Green lane.  However, there's a new field up at the top that shows a QR Code and Blue lane.  I've just sent that discrepancy back to Ocean group.  At least for me it is a step in the right direction but still buggy.

image.png.02ed83f370a7010f19a8a98120c905e4.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm done until 3 days to go 😁 which is the earliest I can do health summary!! I wonder if I'm in the Blue Lane on top & Green Lane on the bottom bc there's 1 step to go. Anyway wishing luck to all others still struggling

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Sorry if I confused you.  When you log into your Princess account and click manage booking;  you can still fill out all the required info there.  I just logged into my account and I have guest check in where I input all my info.  Once I fill that out I can also select my bed preference, input my passport info etc.  It does say coming soon the ocean medallion app which you can download onto your smart device.  Apologize for any confusion

Lucky you!! They must have left you out of the "upgrade".🙏

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

To make matters worse;  I do not believe the ocean medallion app is 100% ready for prime time.  Now that cruising is starting back up so many people are trying to update their trip info on the app;  and the app just isn't all that ready to work.  I don't believe anyone on cruisecritic has been able to complete all their trip info in their medallion app.  sorry to hear they raised your cruise price

Hmmm. I've managed to do everything except DMW. Not even going to look at it until more are talking about success. In the meantime, I have 3 ✔️.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave from Ont said:

It's strange because when I went in to look at the compatibility requirements to run the MedallionClass app it list the ipad OS @ 10.0 or later. Mine is currently running OS 12.5.4 .

In the MC app’s information on the Apple Store it states that it’s compatible with your iPad Mini 2 with at least iOS 10.0 and you have the current 12.5.4 installed. We alsohave that older iPad and the 12.5.4 iOS is the most up to date one available for an iPad Mini 2. For my iPad Mini 5 the latest iOS is 14.6.

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Sorry if I confused you.  When you log into your Princess account and click manage booking;  you can still fill out all the required info there.  I just logged into my account and I have guest check in where I input all my info.  Once I fill that out I can also select my bed preference, input my passport info etc.  It does say coming soon the ocean medallion app which you can download onto your smart device.  Apologize for any confusion

Don't understand how you can be doing this unless you have some archived Princess webpages that somehow still work???  In Personalizer, all you can do is enter basic personal info like name and birthdate - and most of that is Display-Only.  Even if you have some old page working (don't get that after this much time), who knows if info is going anywhere since Princess closed off functionality and moved it to the MC App.

• Like 1

I used one of the contact emails that have been posted in the various MC threads (vjohnson@carnival.com). Got a response within minutes that she would pass my issue on to the appropriate department.

My issue? When they transported our info from the Personalizer to the MC app, they gave me my DHs middle name. I didn't have a middle name...until now.

Other than that, I'm patiently waiting for more progress/updates, then I'll do DMW where needed. First cruise isn't until Jan '22, so I've got plenty of time.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Don't understand how you can be doing this unless you have some archived Princess webpages that somehow still work???  In Personalizer, all you can do is enter basic personal info like name and birthdate - and most of that is Display-Only.  Even if you have some old page working (don't get that after this much time), who knows if info is going anywhere since Princess closed off functionality and moved it to the MC App.

I went to check in, can see my personal information I filled in months ago. Can only edit DOB. 
under that preferences show: bed configuration. Etc 

you can no longer fill in passport details which have to be scanned into app. 

you can print the Travel Summary now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dog said:

I went to check in, can see my personal information I filled in months ago. Can only edit DOB. 
under that preferences show: bed configuration. Etc 

you can no longer fill in passport details which have to be scanned into app. 

you can print the Travel Summary now. 

Agree - cannot do the full old Personalizer info.

Wowie Zowie!  I guess reaming them about not taking care of stuff must have gotten somebody to actually take a look at my issues. This morning things still didn't work for me. I just now tried again and I'm in. Time to submit pictures of us and our passports and whatever else is needed. Just accepted the passage contract and COVID warning jive. It was really odd to have it load instead of giving the same old "not working" stuff.

• Like 4

I was one of the lucky ones who was able to do everything currently available (steps 1-3) for all 3 of our cruises until last week. That’s still true for our Fall 2021 & 2022 cruises however for Spring 2022 there are problems. Now 4 parts of the Personal Information & Documents show as not completed & despite trying several times it won’t allow me to complete them.

I’ve got plenty of time before then & if not fixed by Spring will deal with it at that time. I don’t want to risk creating any problems for our Fall 2021 cruise by uninstalling/installing.

6B996F03-EB63-4EE4-937A-9BEF22C04CB5.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

Not sure about the passport scan. As far as I can tell it's not doing anything but then it allowed me to manually input the data. Once I did that is "twirled" for a very long time and then said it is unable to retrieve the document data at this time. Then it gave me a green check mark.

Now, of course, I have to take a security photo. I am the absolute worst "selfie taker" in the known universe.  Maybe my wife and I will have to take each other's pics. Not sure what I want to use for the "profile photo" but at least that isn't an "official" pic and, from what I've read, can be pretty much anything including a pet or whatever.

I'm just still boggled that any of this is working. I've gotten so used to it just being frustrating.

OK, about an hour or so ago - got out the wife's mini ipad - deleted the old MC app, downloaded the new MC app - logged in with booking # ( all lower case, thanks Thrak ) - got three check marks, now at step 4 choose arrival time - not available - late November cruise

note" 2 previous OM cruises - photo's, passport data carried over from prior

booked one night dinner just for giggles

Am I done for now ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Almost everything I reported to the Ocean folks that wasn't functioning on my iPhone 11 now is working.  I was able to choose an Arrival Group for our August 8th cruise.  Can't choose a departure group but that may be by design.  What is odd is that we do finally show as Ocean Ready and in the Green lane.  However, there's a new field up at the top that shows a QR Code and Blue lane.  I've just sent that discrepancy back to Ocean group.  At least for me it is a step in the right direction but still buggy.

image.png.02ed83f370a7010f19a8a98120c905e4.png

Thanks for posting.  I just looked at my phone and saw that we have a QR code as well (I am assuming it is for arrival at port?? ) I was able to get an early arrival time so I was happy to see that.  I am in the Blue Lane at the moment -- have to enter credit card info and do health status when available.  Wonder where we will be showing our vaccination information.  Nice to see that things are moving in the right direction -- finally.

• Like 3

D'Oh!  My wife just put the kibosh on taking security photos. We both went to the dermitologist a couple of days ago and have "frozen spots" on our heads and faces. She said there's no way that's going to work with a photo. Can't say I blame her so we'll wait a bit for those pics. I'll try to get her to choose something for her profile pic though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

D'Oh!  My wife just put the kibosh on taking security photos. We both went to the dermitologist a couple of days ago and have "frozen spots" on our heads and faces. She said there's no way that's going to work with a photo. Can't say I blame her so we'll wait a bit for those pics. I'll try to get her to choose something for her profile pic though.

My hubby went yesterday too. He's got big owies on his forhead. We had pics set up in Medallion for a cruise back in 2019, and those seem to still be working. Score! I'm two years younger.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

If you have photos on your device you can upload those...I much prefer that to the awkward selfie shot.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I was one of the lucky ones who was able to do everything currently available (steps 1-3) for all 3 of our cruises until last week. That’s still true for our Fall 2021 & 2022 cruises however for Spring 2022 there are problems. Now 4 parts of the Personal Information & Documents show as not completed & despite trying several times it won’t allow me to complete them.

I’ve got plenty of time before then & if not fixed by Spring will deal with it at that time. I don’t want to risk creating any problems for our Fall 2021 cruise by uninstalling/installing.

6B996F03-EB63-4EE4-937A-9BEF22C04CB5.jpeg

I'm also having problems with our July/August 2022 cruises with the Travel Documents section. These are our first cruises to Europe since the restart. Are there any new travel requirements for European travel I'm not aware of?

5 hours ago, dog said:

There are others who do not have a device to use the app. Wait it out 

I and others have contacted Princess and they say agents will be at the terminal to assist those who have not completed before the 

Of course they want us to use the app 

Thank you for that post but did they explain how you know what time they'll permit you to enter the terminal?  PCL says you have to make an appointment through the app or they won't let you in.

1 hour ago, shellbeachjim said:

I'm also having problems with our July/August 2022 cruises with the Travel Documents section. These are our first cruises to Europe since the restart. Are there any new travel requirements for European travel I'm not aware of?

I had that problem as well, but all of a sudden all the information from the website came back in. Maybe you'll get lucky.