Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

25 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

when you log into your princess.com account and then click on my account and click on upcoming cruises; before you click on manage this booking you should see a tool bar that lists Home, My Profile, Captain Circle.  If you click on my profile you can edit your info there including your passport info

Thanks for the helpful information & I reconfirmed that everything including my passport is correct.

Unfortunately there’s a glitch in one of my 3 cruises that now shows Travel Documents as incomplete. When attempting to complete it in the app the correct info is already there but after completing the process it doesn’t show as completed. Up until recently everything was green but now 4 steps are incomplete with no way to get it corrected. Hopefully eventually this snafu will be fixed & I’ve had many fewer problems than some other people.

Edited by Astro Flyer

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I can see that and was also able to manually enter the info into the MC app - it didn't "pull over" from the web site. My issue is that there is no scanned passport in my app and I don't see how to go back and do that.

Thrak, go into your princess account online.  When you log click continue; once you get to next page you should see Home, My Profile, Captains Circle.  Click on My profile and click account.  scroll down till you see passport info; click on that and see if your info is correct or if its missing.  If it's correct; then by theory Princess says it should transfer over to the app.  Now how long or when it will end up in your app; is any one's guess.  How many months till your next cruise? 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

is this your first OM cruise ? - A 'lot' of our info from a previous OM cruise was pulled over, including passport,  profile pics, avatar and other ...

j/s

Yes, this is our first MC cruise. We did a 14 day Circle Caribbean in 2018 that was "supposed to be" the first Medallion cruise on CB but implementation was delayed and it was just a "regular" cruise. We did 3 cruises in 2019 - a 17 day Connoisseur Cruise Tour, a 12 day Northern Lights, and a 14 day Spanish Passage TA. None of them were MC cruises. After that, all of our cruises were cancelled due to the stupid virus.

Edited by Thrak

3 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Thrak, go into your princess account online.  When you log click continue; once you get to next page you should see Home, My Profile, Captains Circle.  Click on My profile and click account.  scroll down till you see passport info; click on that and see if your info is correct or if its missing.  If it's correct; then by theory Princess says it should transfer over to the app.  Now how long or when it will end up in your app; is any one's guess.  How many months till your next cruise? 

The info is there for both of us and is correct. Our "next cruise" is supposed to be January 2022 but it won't happen. After that we sail in May of 2022. Both of them show up in the MC app but I had to manually enter the passport info for them. When I tried the scan it never did anything and just sat there. I poked at it and it moved on to the manual fill-in area but never seemed to actually scan the passport and I don't see it there now. The info I entered is still there but no scanned passport.

7 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks for the helpful information & I reconfirmed that everything including my passport is correct.

Unfortunately there’s a glitch in one of my 3 cruises that now shows Travel Documents as incomplete. When attempting to complete it in the app the correct info is already there but after completing the process it doesn’t show as completed. Up until recently everything was green but now 4 steps are incomplete with no way to get it corrected. Hopefully eventually this snafu will be fixed & I’ve had many fewer problems than some other people.

I have been in your situation.  One day I have all green checks and the next some are gone.  Just sit back and wait it out.  If you still have time till your next cruise; I think things will work out fine.  I just told Thrak to go into his cruise personalizer on the website and there you can check your passport info.  If it is correct there; then by theory Princess says it should show up in your app.  Since you already had it show up in your app and then it's gone; I still believe it is a glitch and should work itself out. Good luck and have a wonderful day

• Like 1

19 hours ago, joepeka said:

I'm in that same crowd as you regarding the tiny screen and keyboard. I learned touch typing (I guess it's called "keyboarding" in recent years) in high school and that's what I use to this day. My smart phone is for texting, phone calls, quick answers to emails and some apps (bank app, etc.), otherwise, my PC is where I do the important stuff. That said, a week or so ago someone on this board mentioned a Windows 10 feature called "Your Phone" that allows you to connect your PC to your supported phone and receive notifications, phone calls, text messages and also access apps on the phone. Unfortunately, my smart phone is old enough that it supports all the Your Phone features except the apps function but if yours does support it, you might want to try it. Others on this board have used it successfully.

Here's a link to Microsoft's Your Phone setup page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/your-phone-app-requirements-and-set-up-cd2a1ee7-75a7-66a6-9d4e-bf22e735f9e3

Well, that was not a good idea (at least for me). "Your Phone" said it was connected, but the only thing I could see on my desktop was emails. 

I tried to open the MC app on my phone and got "loading" for many minutes. 

Gave up. Deleted, restarted. Now my MC app has gone from 3 ✔️s to one and the app won't open any of the no longer checked items.

Guess I'll wait a couple of days and try again. It seems time cures most of these glitches.

Just now, Thrak said:

The info is there for both of us and is correct. Our "next cruise" is supposed to be January 2022 but it won't happen. After that we sail in May of 2022. Both of them show up in the MC app but I had to manually enter the passport info for them. When I tried the scan it never did anything and just sat there. I poked at it and it moved on to the manual fill-in area but never seemed to actually scan the passport and I don't see it there now. The info I entered is still there but no scanned passport.

That is a glitch the Princess is still working on.  The main thing is; your passport info is in the app.  Name, bday, expiration date, and passport#.  The picture is not that big of a deal, because everywhere you go you will be required to pull it out and show it anyway. I think having a scanned passport in the app is nice; but a picture is not a necessity.  Here is a suggestion for you and everyone else on this thread.  Download this app.  Airside Mobile Passport.  I have used this many times at both airports and cruise ports.  It works and speeds up customs.  Your passport info is stored in the app.  Have a wonderful day

Astro Flyer here is another tip that may help.  Download this app: Airside Mobile Passport.  It stores your passport info and picture.  You can use it at certain cruise ports and airports.  I have used this several times and it speeds up the process; plus, it's another safe and secure place to store my passport info.  Have a wonderful day

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Since you already had it show up in your app and then it's gone; I still believe it is a glitch and should work itself out. Good luck and have a wonderful day

Thanks…agree with your thoughts & hoping for the best outcome with your health.

Edited by Astro Flyer

13 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks…agree with your thoughts & hoping for the best outcome with your health.

Thank you for your concern with my health.  That is why I changed my signature.  It is a daily battle, but one I take head on with no worries.  Cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Sigh... I was afraid of that. I wonder how I'm supposed to retry the scan. I can't find any way to do that. Thanks for confirmation that the scan should show up.

It shows in the Personal Info  and Documents section - Travel Documents.  When you open Travel Documents it is a picture of your passport next to your name.  

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Well, that was not a good idea (at least for me). "Your Phone" said it was connected, but the only thing I could see on my desktop was emails. 

I tried to open the MC app on my phone and got "loading" for many minutes. 

Gave up. Deleted, restarted. Now my MC app has gone from 3 ✔️s to one and the app won't open any of the no longer checked items.

Guess I'll wait a couple of days and try again. It seems time cures most of these glitches.

I'm guessing that your phone is one of the Samsung models not fully supported by Your Phone, like mine is likewise not fully supported. ☹️

Edited by joepeka

3 hours ago, awinte2 said:

I went to AskOceanMedallion a360ad7@carnival.com and also customerrelations@princesscruises.com and expressed my dissappointment that my Iphone 6 they say is not compatible with the app. and also when onto the App store and rated the App at 1 and said it was a good way to sell more phones.

There is nothing wrong with new technology but the programmers and companies should ensure that it is up and running efficiently before they do away with the old .  There will be glitches in anything new but this is totally painful for people who will be sailing soon and cannot get it to work for them.

Whatever happened to the concept of 'backwards Compatibility?'

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They don't send out Medallions until about 2 wks prior to cruise, so there is no ruah.

I know....but I saw the military medallions  and wanted to see them again because I might get one....🤣

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I am not sure why I can change things; but I logged in today and under my profile in cruise personalizer I can add or edit my passport info, edit my profile info and my credit card info.  I can also do all this in my medallion class app.  I just opened the medallion class app and it says I am ocean ready; I checked my passport, security pic, profile pic and other things.  I am sorry so many people cannot get the app to work properly.  

I do not consider the Account Profile information to be "under Cruise Personalizer".  For me, Cruise Personalizer is related to cruise bookings and "under" that umbrella.  All past customers have a Captain's Circle account & profile, regardless of whether you have an active booking.

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

when you log into your princess.com account and then click on my account and click on upcoming cruises; before you click on manage this booking you should see a tool bar that lists Home, My Profile, Captain Circle.  If you click on my profile you can edit your info there including your passport info

Yes, now I see what you really meant when you said you could update personal information, including passport.  Said info should/does carry forward into bookings, but that profile isn't the Cruise Personalizer.  Anyway, makes sense now.  You don't have any extra functionality than others.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

The scan is just supposed to be an easy way to enter the info.  It scans the stuff at the bottom of the page and breaks it down into the various fields like nationality, name, birthdate, expiry date.

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Interesting. I was told by Medallion Support that my iPhone 6 would work as long as it had 12 IOS, which mine does. Then I was told that "they" were working to make MedallionClass App work for ALL iPhone  by around early July. Unless things improve, we'll be letting the port side staff put in all the information even though it will take longer to board on August 8th. If it is a real hassle, we will cancel our 11/30/21 cruise and switch to another cruise line.

• Thanks 1

Steelers36; All the info from our personalizer is supposed to flow into the app.  So I do not have a advantage over the next person.  I guess the only thing I have is my tech skills of being a tech geek for 20 years.  Other than that; I'm just a cruiser like all the others.  Have a wonderful day

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

If you can figure out where to scan the passport again, someone in one of these threads mentioned they had to scan their passport (or maybe print?) because the passport itself had too much reflection in it. That sounded really familiar to me so I think that's what I did. My passport 'came in' from a previouse Medallion cruise. However, I just went to check and see if it is still there and just got circles (kinda like spinning) until it finally said it was unavailable and try again later...so no idea if it is still there....

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I can see that and was also able to manually enter the info into the MC app - it didn't "pull over" from the web site. My issue is that there is no scanned passport in my app and I don't see how to go back and do that.

Thrak our Passports scanned OK and the numbers read from the scan were added correctly. Our Medallion App data has been updated to a new cruise, replacing the cancelled cruise. All data was transferred to ne booking, which makes n\me think the Data stays the same and just Cruise info is updated. I went through Travel Documents and saw the scanned passport, tapped on it and a screen pops up with Passport Data, there is an Edit button and an option to change or scan new image. Sorry I don't remember the exact sequence I went through but it was intuitive..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I would like to go back to my earlier comment, I did not have time to complete my response earlier. If you were a corporate exec and responsible for this App you would ensure that Passengers could stay with the old system in enter data via Personalizer. To remove a Windows platform that is so widespread is amazing. Next you would insist that devices with old operating systems would accommodate the App. The App does not break new ground that requires new technology, it basically collects routine, limited data and stores it - how hard can that be. Why can this not be achieved and work with earlier versions of Operating Systems ????

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

However, I just went to check and see if it is still there and just got circles (kinda like spinning) until it finally said it was unavailable and try again later...so no idea if it is still there....

Yep. That's what I get as well. Good thing there's lots of time before I can cruise. I just don't understand why it's such a complete mess of an app.

• Like 1

Just checked my data for upcoming cruises on OM and under the Travel Documents it has an image for my passport info page and a pencil symbol where I can modify all the data relative to my passport.  Also have the option to remove the current passport or leave as is.   

Edited by kiwimum

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Steelers36; All the info from our personalizer is supposed to flow into the app.  So I do not have a advantage over the next person.  I guess the only thing I have is my tech skills of being a tech geek for 20 years.  Other than that; I'm just a cruiser like all the others.  Have a wonderful day

Right - it was/is supposed to flow over.  And did.  But there were some conversion issues where they have had to fix records.  It seemed like from older posts you were still updating info in the Cruise Personalizer for your bookings when Princess had removed it.  But I gathered finally (maybe it should have been obvious but it wasn't to me, so sorry) you were writing about the Captain's Circle Profile information - which flows into cruise bookings.  Yes, we are good. 

• Like 1