Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

13 hours ago, Jimmys Chippy said:

I have an iPhone 7, with all the latest updates, and I *think* it’s finally all working.

I think I need a lie down.

Well done you. Obviously the right 'Chip set'. 😀

But seriously, I've been a Apple man for over 12 years (moved from an iPhone 6 to iPhone 11Pro in Tortola 18 months ago) and find them outstanding pieces of kit.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Well, I was probably the loudest complainer about this app and was ready to cancel my Princess cruise.  Decided one week ago to give it one last shot and then I’d be done with it.  Hallelujah, it started to cooperate!  As of today, I’ve been able to accomplish as much as possible, considering our cruise isn’t until May, and I’m so darn pleased with myself!  As they say “Patience is a virtue”.

I always thought that patience was a common characteristic of all Canadians!  Glad you hung in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grego said:

I always thought that patience was a common characteristic of all Canadians!  Glad you hung in there.

Well, that is certainly true of Leaf fans, but me, not so much.  Here’s to smooth sailing from now on!

On 6/20/2021 at 8:28 AM, Grego said:

I had originally called and didn't get a working solution so I sent an email to: A360ad7@carnival.com and they started working on it right away.  Share your complete name, booking number, device the app is on, the operating system used and the version of that.

They wrote back within a day and solved my issue with a couple of days.

The app is not linking my booking number. Saying information does not match our records or at times saying no booking number found. Also not letting me put in my address on the app. Would I use the email address  A360ad7@carnival.com that you used for help? How quickly did they resolve your issue?

On 6/20/2021 at 8:58 AM, Lady Arwen said:

Well, I was probably the loudest complainer about this app and was ready to cancel my Princess cruise.  Decided one week ago to give it one last shot and then I’d be done with it.  Hallelujah, it started to cooperate!  As of today, I’ve been able to accomplish as much as possible, considering our cruise isn’t until May, and I’m so darn pleased with myself!  As they say “Patience is a virtue”.

Happy for you!!!

enjoy your cruise 

• Like 1

We had originally chosen Traditional Dining when we booked our cruise months ago.  We have been able to access dining choices on the app, but I fail to see this option, but instead only DMW.  We chose a time and the restaurant and it even gave us a table for two.  Is this their version of Traditional or is it the same as the standard anytime dining option we always had available?  We prefer having the same table and waitstaff, but we’re okay if that is no longer offered.  Thanks for your opinion.

47 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We had originally chosen Traditional Dining when we booked our cruise months ago.  We have been able to access dining choices on the app, but I fail to see this option, but instead only DMW.  We chose a time and the restaurant and it even gave us a table for two.  Is this their version of Traditional or is it the same as the standard anytime dining option we always had available?  We prefer having the same table and waitstaff, but we’re okay if that is no longer offered.  Thanks for your opinion.

We also prefer same table and waitstaff. On all our currently booked cruises, I set us up as early traditional with table for two requested. It was said somewhere that they would honor previously set up dining. I took that to mean time, location, and same table/waitstaff. But I suppose it could mean just time and location, not the whole thing. I looked at ours in the app, and it has us at whatever time early is and in the Concerto dining room on the Majestic. Guess we'll find out about same table/staff when we're on the ship.

• Like 2

For our Spring 2022 Discovery cruise the previously all Personal Information & Documents has regressed & some (travel docs, security photo, Medallion Pay, PIN code) are now ️and our Ocean Medallion order has disappeared. That hasn’t happened with our Fall 2021 and Fall 2022 cruises. 🤔

I attempted to complete them again but unable to do it so will wait to see if like some others Princess corrects these new issues. I’ve been luckier than many others & guess it’s now my turn to have MC app problems on my Apple devices.

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

For our Spring 2022 Discovery cruise the previously all Personal Information & Documents has regressed & some (travel docs, security photo, Medallion Pay, PIN code) are now ️and our Ocean Medallion order has disappeared. That hasn’t happened with our Fall 2021 and Fall 2022 cruises. 🤔

I attempted to complete them again but unable to do it so will wait to see if like some others Princess corrects these new issues. I’ve been luckier than many others & guess it’s now my turn to have MC app problems on my Apple devices.

This has been happening back and forth for me for awhile now.  I will just stay away from the app for a few weeks and check later

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, phabric said:

I am booked on the Discovery Sept 2022.  On my MedallionClass, the Discovery is not named.

My other 2 cruises are named.

Same thing for our early April 2022 cruise a month after the scheduled arrival in LA.

Hoping the missing ship name & other MC app issues not on our other cruises are merely glitches & not indications that the ship could be delayed again. At their webinars they state the ship is scheduled on-time but is not confirmed yet.

36 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I got this today along with my reminder to check-in. So there might not be any arrival groups yet

20210621_134025.thumb.jpg.21867c7c5f51080d8ff6806b81d713f6.jpg

Guess I'm finally done as far as I can go 😷

Interesting, I got an email from Princess telling me to take the required steps for Ocean Ready check in.  I had already entered information into my Personalizer and Princess had transferred items to my app.  I still have to put in Health Questionnaire (when it is available), credit card number and order my Medallion.  Odd that our notices looked different.  Was yours sent to your phone or via email?  I believe we sail a week after you to Alaska.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, phabric said:

There is a webinar tomorrow, it would be a good place to ask.

I wonder if they will actually address the issues people are having with the app or, since it's directed at travel agents who apparently aren't supposed to do anything with the app, if they will just do the usual and act like the thing works perfectly.

• Like 2

Yes, I got a different one last week but it only told me to call if I couldn't get in. I called. They couldn't help get me further. Now I magically have the Green Line. @Italy52Look for this one next week. (I'm lurking on Majestic 7-25 Roll Call as I imagine I'll get an arrival time 4 weeks after them.) 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Well done you. Obviously the right 'Chip set'. 😀

But seriously, I've been a Apple man for over 12 years (moved from an iPhone 6 to iPhone 11Pro in Tortola 18 months ago) and find them outstanding pieces of kit.

I've only had an iPhone once - for a short while. It was forced on my by work. (They also forced a Blackberry on my prior to that. Ugh...) I don't care for Apple products as they are pretty much "do it our way, period". Android gives me much more flexibility. On the other hand, Apple stuff tends to work quite well - part of their "our way or nothing" approach.

Apparently I am moving to iPhone now though. In the last hour I've gotten two phone calls purporting to be from Amazon saying I've been charged for an iPhone 11. Who knew?  Oddly enough, one says I'm being charged $799 and the other said $999.  Naturally, they want me to "press 1" if I need to speak with a representative regarding these charges. Why aren't these the people who got COVID?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I've only had an iPhone once - for a short while. It was forced on my by work. (They also forced a Blackberry on my prior to that. Ugh...) I don't care for Apple products as they are pretty much "do it our way, period". Android gives me much more flexibility. On the other hand, Apple stuff tends to work quite well - part of their "our way or nothing" approach.

Apparently I am moving to iPhone now though. In the last hour I've gotten two phone calls purporting to be from Amazon saying I've been charged for an iPhone 11. Who knew?  Oddly enough, one says I'm being charged $799 and the other said $999.  Naturally, they want me to "press 1" if I need to speak with a representative regarding these charges. Why aren't these the people who got COVID?

I got one of those calls the other day. Couldn't hear what it was that I "bought", marked it as phishing and it went away.

FYI and if anyone cares; Apple has the most secure eco system for security on all their products.  Does that mean can they be hacked?  Yes, but not as much as Android and Window products.  

Just now, JF - retired RRT said:

I got one of those calls the other day. Couldn't hear what it was that I "bought", marked it as phishing and it went away.

I have marked several hundred phone numbers a "phishing" and other annoying things. It just rolls over to another "local" number and I get the calls anyway. So very many spoofed numbers.

So many threads on the app problems to choose from to post this.  For me, since this past weekend,  the app seems less glitchy (but not perfect yet) and more responsive.

What exactly is the purpose of the "My Profile" section?  For example are the Login-ID and password items intended to enable me to change what I use to login to the Personaliser and App or something else.  ...and the other line items???  

20 minutes ago, racj846 said:

So many threads on the app problems to choose from to post this.  For me, since this past weekend,  the app seems less glitchy (but not perfect yet) and more responsive.

What exactly is the purpose of the "My Profile" section?  For example are the Login-ID and password items intended to enable me to change what I use to login to the Personaliser and App or something else.  ...and the other line items???  

Works well to use the same User ID & same Password for Personalizer & app 

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

😀 Good to hear you and I are sharing the same 'Amazon' calls service either side of the Atlantic.