Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

1 minute ago, kywildcatfanone said:

No, not a stupid question, but yes.  I called  them maybe 4 weeks ago and was told that the logins were screwed up because of the app integration, but it sounds like most people have this corrected now, but not me.  I will have to call them I guess.  Surprised the app worked for me.

Good luck! 🙂

Be patient;  the app is getting a major update which hopefully will clear up a lot of the buggy issues.  Sit tight it has been a bumpy ride;  but should smooth out by August

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AF-1 said:

Be patient;  the app is getting a major update which hopefully will clear up a lot of the buggy issues.  Sit tight it has been a bumpy ride;  but should smooth out by August

It's been described as a data cleansing/correction exercise and not the app code.  The main issues have been data-related.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

It's been described as a data cleansing/correction exercise and not the app code.  The main issues have been data-related.

True, back-end data related which are not related to the app itself but makes it appear the app is... uh... malfunctioning!  😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

My frustration is I can't access my FCC's from a cancelled cruise last year, or see my other FCC's.

I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet.  It's been going on for months.

you should be able to check your FCC on the princess website.  I just checked mine today.

16 hours ago, Dave from Ont said:

My wife and I were having breakfast this morning and were thinking about the medallion class app and all it's problems. As mentioned before we cannot get into the app and we have talked to tech support and with our ipad we should be having no problems, however we still do. We think it is very interesting how we can use our PC/Desktop to peruse all of Princess's cruises. We can select a cruise we want to go on. Then we can select our cabin, bed arrangement, and dinning time. Finally we can pay online with our credit card and Princes is only too happy to take the payment. All done on our PC, then when I want to check-in, they change the rules, and tell me I have to use an app on my iphone/ipad etc. to be able to do this. We are all for people wanting to use this medallion app on board the ship or however else they want to.. We are just not happy that Princess is not allowing us to complete the check-in  of a booking that was begun on our PC.

Not any more. Those choices have been moved to the app.

Just wanted to weigh in here that my app recognizes me (picture, name and birthday all correct) but does not let me link any of my 6 reservations that I can view on Princess.  Com.  Frustrated.  Using a Samsung Note 20 5G and Samsung Tablets 

2 hours ago, missymerv said:

Just wanted to weigh in here that my app recognizes me (picture, name and birthday all correct) but does not let me link any of my 6 reservations that I can view on Princess.  Com.  Frustrated.  Using a Samsung Note 20 5G and Samsung Tablets 

Is there an option to link them via booking number?  If so, try it all lower case. That's how I got the app to recognize my wife as my traveling companion. It didn't work with upper case.

15 hours ago, missymerv said:

---

This sounds similar to the issue I had with none of my 10 bookings showing up under "My Journeys" on the OceanReady Profile screen (of the OceanMedallion app);  Princess needed to update something so that my bookings appeared on the app.

You can email askoceanmedallion@carnival.com  [or alias A360ad7@carnival.com ] and see if they can quickly resolve this issue.

See the attached screenshot of the email I sent to AskOceanMedallion and reply from Princess; my bookings* showed up on the app less than 2 days later.

*I did not actually get a resolution update email from Princess; I just pulled up the app and the bookings were there. 

---

FYI:

If any of your bookings are B2Bs -- once you get the bookings appearing on the app:

Verify the B2B is listed correctly on the app; my B2B2B listing on the app was combined with the following sailing that embarked a day later on another ship.

---

image.thumb.png.b1f424e925b0b5439889cd48f1e07a5a.png

Edited by RSS from SF

Sorry, I am too lazy to read 49 posts above! 😳

Our cruise is December 2021. I have the app on my Android phone, OS 10 I recall, and all appears to work correctly except for the "My Time Dining". When I press that option I get an error message saying it's not available, or words to that affect.

Can anyone sailing December 2021 or later get to that My Time Dining link on their phone?

Doug

45 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Sorry, I am too lazy to read 49 posts above! 😳

Our cruise is December 2021. I have the app on my Android phone, OS 10 I recall, and all appears to work correctly except for the "My Time Dining". When I press that option I get an error message saying it's not available, or words to that affect.

Can anyone sailing December 2021 or later get to that My Time Dining link on their phone?

Doug

Yes - and it's Dine My Way (DMW) by the way.  Just keep trying, or try under OceanNow section as well as in OceanReady section of the app.

With an upcoming January  2022 , I have been reading all posts concerning the problems surrounding  the Medallion  App. There are so many problems and so few answers .  It makes me wonder as an Elite  is it worth the trouble  to continue to cruise Princess . 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes - and it's Dine My Way (DMW) by the way.  Just keep trying, or try under OceanNow section as well as in OceanReady section of the app.

Thanks, I will try the alternate method once I get my phone again. It's irritating we cannot do such things on Princess' web page.

Just downloaded and installed the Medallion Class app on my wife's phone. Installed okay, but I cannot even log on; selecting that option does not "open up" the keyboard on her phone. I will try that later also. BTW, I figure I need to log on using my ID/password or our booking number, correct? She doesn't need her own account, does she?

6 hours ago, JEH said:

It makes me wonder as an Elite  is it worth the trouble  to continue to cruise Princess . 

We really enjoy traveling and love cruising.  I think that after the bugs are worked out of the new app and we all get accustomed to the new Elite benefits, all will be well in Princessland!  Princess is still one of the best cruise values on the market.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks, I will try the alternate method once I get my phone again. It's irritating we cannot do such things on Princess' web page.

Just downloaded and installed the Medallion Class app on my wife's phone. Installed okay, but I cannot even log on; selecting that option does not "open up" the keyboard on her phone. I will try that later also. BTW, I figure I need to log on using my ID/password or our booking number, correct? She doesn't need her own account, does she?

Hmm. not sure why you are not getting the keyboard to pop up. Yes, you have two ways to login.  I would recommend she has her own account for flexibility, but you should be able to update her check-in records and she can take your phone if want a new photo uploaded.  She can login in with the booking number, name and her birthdate.  An email account id isn't totally necessary.  If you each have your own device with MC App running, it makes it a bit less awkward at check-in.  Same as an airport check-in, if you will. 

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Hmm. not sure why you are not getting the keyboard to pop up. Yes, you have two ways to login.  I would recommend she has her own account for flexibility, but you should be able to update her check-in records and she can take your phone if want a new photo uploaded.  She can login in with the booking number, name and her birthdate.  An email account id isn't totally necessary.  If you each have your own device with MC App running, it makes it a bit less awkward at check-in.  Same as an airport check-in, if you will. 

Weird, about 3 hours after I reported the problem above (new MC app installed on wife's phone, but no keyboard), I showed the newly installed app to my wife. Naturally, SHE got the keyboard to display! Must be a woman thing? She logged on with our booking number and her name and BD, and we got that far. We will take a look at what else is there later. We are mostly concerned with booking our dining times and places. We have pretty simple needs; we just want to book a table for two in the MDR around 1800/6PM. We used to always select '"Early seating" in the golden oldie days. <g> I do see some limited benefit in the new DMW, but knowing 8 months in advance when we might want to eat later or elsewhere is a little tough to do. But there is always the lido buffet I suppose.

Doug

Popping in now and then.  I admit that I am not going to read past the last page.  49 pages....gee whiz.

Does anyone know why I get kicked off the app (I am afraid to sign off).  Then another time, I am miraculously logged back in?

Still can't get an arrival time for October.  With my luck, I'll miss checking one day and be the last to board.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Popping in now and then.  I admit that I am not going to read past the last page.  49 pages....gee whiz.

Does anyone know why I get kicked off the app (I am afraid to sign off).  Then another time, I am miraculously logged back in?

Still can't get an arrival time for October.  With my luck, I'll miss checking one day and be the last to board.

It seems a big problem with the App relates to 'data' in the system - long discussion, however there is a post that says August 31 release will fix a lot of problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We don't cruise until the end of August. I'm so frustrated with the app that I'm not going to be wasting my time, get more frustrated  until after the 1st of August. I called the Navigator number, another frustration and after 35 minutes on hold I got to speak to someone. That person told me that that Princess was going to have a major upgrade to the app on August 1st. She also told me that most of the tables in the dinning room are going to be 2 person tables, there will be very few larger tables and you will have to have a reservation for dinner. We like to have dinner at the same time every night with the same wait staff and she said you can do that. i can't get on the Dine line part of the app so I'm not going to be wasting any more time stressing over it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

She also told me that most of the tables in the dinning room are going to be 2 person tables, there will be very few larger tables and you will have to have a reservation for dinner.

This is, no doubt, in response to the pandemic and wanting some physical distancing between diners not in the same traveling group.

I would expect this to change once the virus is essentially under control, whenever that might be.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

She also told me that most of the tables in the dinning room are going to be 2 person tables, there will be very few larger tables and you will have to have a reservation for dinner.  

Does this mean Anytime Dining is now a thing of the past?

• Like 1