Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Right - shouldn't be an issue! I also have a ton of storage on my phone as it's a 128GB and only about 1/4 of it is used. The way the app crashes seems like it's either a graphics thing or a storage/memory thing (I've had programs on PCs crash when these were the culprit) but I'm not really sure how to fix this on a phone (or if it can be fixed...)

The app crashes on my iPhone too. The app requires quite a lot of storage and I did some housekeeping on my phone to free up some storage but only have about 3GB free so useful to hear yours crashes with so much more free space! Doesn’t help either of us though 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, downsmead said:

The app crashes on my iPhone too. The app requires quite a lot of storage and I did some housekeeping on my phone to free up some storage but only have about 3GB free so useful to hear yours crashes with so much more free space! Doesn’t help either of us though 🤷‍♀️

Having had the same problem, I called Medallion Support today. A very nice representative at least acknowledged that the app has "big problems."  So, with the representative  assistance, they entered our emergency contacts with phone numbers and the one credit card we'll us. Our birth dates were already entered. The representative asked if our iPhones had IOS of at least 12, which they do. Representative stated that if all else fails , just show up at the port (I guess when we feel like it) show printed out proof of paid in full, which we have from our TA and everything else can be put into the system by they're portside representatives, like the old days! Since our cruise is paid in full and we're only 58 days from the cruise, hopefully, the representative said I could now go back into Princess.Com on my PC and print out the luggage tags. Of course when I did this, the site says I will not be able to print out the tags until closer to our sailing date. Steps... little steps... one at a time. Already having second thoughts about cruising with Princess again in November on the Enchanted Princess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Got this in response to my plea for help on the app store. I've emailed both addresses. Maybe others should do the same?

Dear  (name removed),

Global Experience Innovators responded to your review of:

MedallionClass  
MedallionClass
Global Experience Innovators

" Hi (name removed), Please con­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­tact us at asko­cean­medal­lion@car­ni­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­val.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­com at your con­ve­nience so we can ad­­­dress. We will be hap­py to con­nect with you di­rec­t­­ly. You can also reach out to us at readyocean4@gmail.com When you do, please re­f­er­ence this post so we can make sure to give your ac­­­count at­ten­­­tion. "

I had posted the first address here two days ago after I had written to it.  And yesterday I noticed that they had added the second email address so I forwarded my email to that address as well.  It was lengthy with screenshots and lots of detail.  No response yet....

The app page now has several negative reviews from actual users. The reply messages from the devs state:

====================================

Global Experience InnovatorsJune 11, 2021

Hi, con­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­tact us at asko­cean­medal­lion@car­ni­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­val.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­com so we can ad­­­dress. We will be hap­py to con­nect with you di­rec­t­­ly. You can also reach out to us at readyocean4@gmail.com When you do, re­f­er­ence this post so we can make sure to give your ac­­­count attention.

Folks who would like assistance may well want to take note of these addresses.

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

I would not want assistance.

I would want a working app that is intuitively easy to navigate.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

The app page now has several negative reviews from actual users. The reply messages from the devs state:

Global Experience InnovatorsJune 11, 2021

Hi, con­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­tact us at asko­cean­medal­lion@car­ni­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­val.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­com so we can ad­­­dress. We will be hap­py to con­nect with you di­rec­t­­ly. You can also reach out to us at readyocean4@gmail.com When you do, re­f­er­ence this post so we can make sure to give your ac­­­count attention.

I wrote to the first address and copied the second and outlined in detail all of the processing and issues I had with the MC App, which I suspect are data conversion-related.

I then explained what TD means and what is promised on the website for DMW features and what happened - or didn't happen - to our Personalizer dining selections when they were converted over.  I outlined what reservation steps I had taken and the results.  And then I listed step-by-step how I thought the DMW feature should work in order to offer what has been promised on the website and by John Chernesky.  One key item is to add a table size selection as well as the members of the dining party.  Another is to make sure it is indeed the same table in the same DR each night or that isn't TD with same wait staff and dinner companions. 

I also thought it would be helpful to somehow highlight or indicate the times that fall into the Early and Late TD "windows of opportunity" for passengers to know they will be okay for showtimes. 

There was some more, but you get the idea.  Have to see if I get a response.  I hope our booking can be fixed or else it's going to be line-up for the MD on Embarkation with hundreds of others.  They do have time to fix this for us.

11 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I think Princess should hire you to be their IT Czar.  I'd be willing to bet all this stuff will either be straightened out in a flash or taken down until it worked!  📱

And I'd like to handle the user specs and QA testing.  LOL.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

I would not want assistance.

I would want a working app that is intuitively easy to navigate.

YES!!!! I am interested to find out if the result of my call with them next week (IF it actually happens) is that they figure out the issue and fix it, or just offer to "do it for me". I don't want help with doing this stuff. I want to be able to do it myself. I want what they have promised to work for everyone - even those of us with older iphones!

• Like 4

To all who offered help to my previous posts, they worked and thanks!

One more question and I think I should be ok.....I downloaded the app for our December cruise and have all the info filled in (even scanning the passports😉 ) and now want to do the same for our March cruise.  I can't seem to find anyway to access the March cruise on the app that has the December one so do I need to download a separate app  for that?

5 minutes ago, Happy2cruise said:

To all who offered help to my previous posts, they worked and thanks!

One more question and I think I should be ok.....I downloaded the app for our December cruise and have all the info filled in (even scanning the passports😉 ) and now want to do the same for our March cruise.  I can't seem to find anyway to access the March cruise on the app that has the December one so do I need to download a separate app  for that?

You should be able to click on your profile pic in the app and drop down will show the booked cruises. If they don't show, you need to add by booking number

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

You should be able to click on your profile pic in the app and drop down will show the booked cruises. If they don't show, you need to add by booking number

Thanks so much for this answer.  Was looking all over to try and find  my other cruises.  Still haven't found the contract or vaccine documents to initial or where you find the place to scan your passport.  Also, Can see that they are treating my 2 or 3 b2b2bs as one cruise which is fine.  But can you tell me who to contact  at Princess if the Medallion Ap has  combined two cruises -- the Caribbean Princess 12-19 Dec and Enchanted Princess  20-30 Dec as one cruise listing the dates as 12-30 Dec Enchanted Princess with the cabin # for the  Caribbean Princess.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by coo359a2

Can ANYONE select arrival time?? Especially those on July - August 2021 Alaska cruises

If so, are you Droid or IPhone 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Thanks so much for this answer.  Was looking all over to try and find  my other cruises.  Still haven't found the contract or vaccine documents to initial or where you find the place to scan your passport.  Also, Can see that they are treating my 2 or 3 b2b2bs as one cruise which is fine.  But can you tell me who to contact  at Princess if the Medallion Ap has  combined two cruises -- the Caribbean Princess 12-19 Dec and Enchanted Princess  20-30 Dec as one cruise listing the dates as 12-30 Dec Enchanted Princess with the cabin # for the  Caribbean Princess.  Thanks in advance.

Sorry - you have managed to get further than me! I can't even get the app to open long enough to log in. The only reason I knew how to find other cruises is because I've used it multiple times pre-Covid (when it functioned just fine).

3 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

But can you tell me who to contact  at Princess if the Medallion Ap has  combined two cruises -- the Caribbean Princess 12-19 Dec and Enchanted Princess  20-30 Dec as one cruise listing the dates as 12-30 Dec Enchanted Princess with the cabin # for the  Caribbean Princess.  Thanks in advance.

I would contact the OCEAN Navigators.  The way you have described the cruises, they are not B2B since there is a day in between (one ends on 19th and next begins on 20th).  Also, even though we customers call the vacation trip a B2B, I do not believe that two cruises on two different ships should be handled as a true B2B in the MC App since you do check out and physically disembark one ship and make way to another terminal and check-in to board the second ship.

This doesn't compute to me when looking at Dine My Way, for one example, since the DR's are not the same between the two ships mentioned.

27 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I would contact the OCEAN Navigators.  The way you have described the cruises, they are not B2B since there is a day in between (one ends on 19th and next begins on 20th).  Also, even though we customers call the vacation trip a B2B, I do not believe that two cruises on two different ships should be handled as a true B2B in the MC App since you do check out and physically disembark one ship and make way to another terminal and check-in to board the second ship.

This doesn't compute to me when looking at Dine My Way, for one example, since the DR's are not the same between the two ships mentioned.

Thanks, I will try contacting them.  Hard to believe that someone could make a computer believe   that cruising on  two different ships with dates  that aren't even consecutive should be combined and counted as a back 2 back.  Of course if they want to convert both the 7 day and 10 day and that odd day requiring a hotel    to be a true b2b on the Enchanted Princess  and have the aft balcony cabin  for both cabins, I don't think that I would object to that arrangement.

20 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Thanks, I will try contacting them.  Hard to believe that someone could make a computer believe   that cruising on  two different ships with dates  that aren't even consecutive should be combined and counted as a back 2 back.  Of course if they want to convert both the 7 day and 10 day and that odd day requiring a hotel    to be a true b2b on the Enchanted Princess  and have the aft balcony cabin  for both cabins, I don't think that I would object to that arrangement.

I contacted hem and was told to write to

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

for app / booking questions 

Edited by dog

Oh great. I'm losing faith. Uninstalled then reinstalled. App now believes I'm embarking on a cruise 12-8-21 & 12-9-21. 

Stopping while I'm ahead and dumping it all in my PVP's lap. Usually I do the final check in but apparently not Step 4 and can't get to Health Status until that's done??

Sounds like to me some of you are trying to “check in” way too early.  There’s a limit which I forget as to how far in advance you can check in.  We are also at step 4 and can’t go further because it’s too early to check in for our September cruise.  You Can fill in all of the personal contact stuff etc now.

Norm

6 hours ago, nreeder said:

Sounds like to me some of you are trying to “check in” way too early.  There’s a limit which I forget as to how far in advance you can check in.  We are also at step 4 and can’t go further because it’s too early to check in for our September cruise.  You Can fill in all of the personal contact stuff etc now.

Norm

That could be, but "check-in" in the Personalizer used to be anytime within 75 days of departure date.  And all that meant was ability to print off a BP and any needed luggage tags. 

Princess ought to be advising customers of the new dates for the MC App.  How many days in advance for Step 4 and how many days for Step 5.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

Can ANYONE select arrival time?? Especially those on July - August 2021 Alaska cruises

If so, are you Droid or IPhone 

Yes. I have selected arrival and departure times for our November transatlantic. Have just also managed to book dining times. No way to choose table size but I expect that can be sorted onboard. Still missing a booking for speciality restaurant which has been paid for. Waiting to hear back from Princess UK. 

• Thanks 2