Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

9 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

What appeared in our security photo in the new app was the one that security took when we boarded our last Ocean Medallion Cruise.  The general photo that we entered a couple of years ago also carried over. My DH's has him with a monkey on his shoulder and mine is one of me in a silly tiara for a milestone birthday celebration.

Thanks. One of the few things working for me is the profile photo. Perhaps I'll do that just to have something done. I did enter a credit card number - I chose shipboard only and left the shore side option unchecked - but, once I had finished, I can't see any indication that the info actually stuck. One would expect to at least see some confirmation that a card is in the system.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Now it works fine. I am getting all the functionality some of you have been talking about for weeks. I can upload passports, look at dining, upload profile and security pics…everything. While, at least everything I have tried to do so far. Again, this is the same version that didn’t work a few hours ago. Deanne said she contacted someone on the technical team who apparently fixed my booking, which is where the issue was (and may be where the issue is for some of you, also).

This speaks to my theory I came up with a couple of days ago.  Everything I was reading spoke to more of a data issue (not saying no application process bugs, but certainly data issues). 

I also felt there was some sort of data conversion going on from an old system to a new system.  Perhaps it is from POLAR reservation system, or a shipboard passenger system, into OCEAN Medallion system.  They could have similar issue in thousands of bookings. 

I am thinking they have to scramble and fix customers who are about to sail, but hopefully they will find a pattern and be able to do a mass update to fix whatever the bad data pieces are. 

I have issues with DMW, but will document those on that thread.

37 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Thanks. One of the few things working for me is the profile photo. Perhaps I'll do that just to have something done. I did enter a credit card number - I chose shipboard only and left the shore side option unchecked - but, once I had finished, I can't see any indication that the info actually stuck. One would expect to at least see some confirmation that a card is in the system.

You can check it.  Under Personal Information & Documents there's a step called MedallionPay - Add Payment.  Click on that and you should see the card you previously entered - if it stuck.  Mine has.  Alternately under My Account there's an option called Manage Payment Methods.  You should see the credit card here as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Question:  I "think" there are two places for a photo. I can see the spot for a "Profile Photo" but believe there should also be a spot for a "Security Photo". Is the security photo input located in the Personal Information section? (The part I can't access at this time...)

I believe I have read in the past that there are the two photos and the Security Photo is to identify you when boarding and such but the Profile Photo can be anything you like such as your pet, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc.  Is this correct?  (I wouldn't want to submit some spurious pic as a profile pic and then find out it's supposed to be used for ID when boarding.)

Another Question: What does the "Blue Line" arrival status mean?

Thrak, I think we will see the security photo once we have functional access to #1 on the Travel Checklist (Personal Information & Documents, which includes passport info).  Supposedly that info has been carried forward, but I won't believe it until I see it. 

Since I have seen some posters reference "Green Line or Lane", there may be two levels, depending on timing prior to sail date.

I imagine "Blue Lane" is due to Princess' primary corporate color scheme.  Five completed steps are required to complete the Blue Lane.  It will be a while before far-off voyages will have all five steps done since the Health Status (#5) has to be closer to sail date.  Who knows how close? 

I was speaking with an OCEAN Navigator earlier (who didn't really have an in-depth understanding of the app at all and was not very informative).  She could not say how much in advance of a voyage sail date the Arrival and Departure Group selections open up.  My guess is something around Final Payment Date which is when we used to get our BP's. 

One would think steps 1 thru 3 should be fully functional for all right now. But, as I have been suspecting, there seems to be a data conversion error that has affected most if not all reservations, and they have to clean up that.  I get the "All Hands on Tech" message for step 1. 

IDK what the Green Lane or Line is as referenced by some posters.  Each completed step gets a green check mark within the Blue Lane.  If anyone who actually has a Green Line/Lane, I'd be curious to know what the difference is with that voyage status from most bookings.  Perhaps it means ready to sail and board a ship???

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

IDK what the Green Lane or Line is as referenced by some posters.  Each completed step gets a green check mark within the Blue Lane.  If anyone who actually has a Green Line/Lane, I'd be curious to know what the difference is with that voyage status from most bookings.  Perhaps it means ready to sail and board a ship???

This is what my August 2021, December 2021, and October 2022 cruises look like:

image.png.2381068efe44383e9dfad7694403e2da.png

My January 2022 cruise also has steps 1 and 3 checked and I'm in the Green Lane.  Which is what leads me to believe that it means that I have completed all of the steps.  Except for my Blue Lane cruises all of the sub-steps within 1 are all checked so it's definitely a puzzle.

Edited by azbirdmom

9 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

This is what my August 2021, December 2021, and October 2022 cruises look like:

image.png.2381068efe44383e9dfad7694403e2da.png

My January 2022 cruise also has steps 1 and 3 checked and I'm in the Green Lane.  Which is what leads me to believe that it means that I have completed all of the steps.  Except for my Blue Lane cruises all of the sub-steps within 1 are all checked so it's definitely a puzzle.

Yes, I have the same as you pictured.

So, it looks like Blue (booked) changed to Green (ready to sail) once Steps 1 thru 3 are completed.  

Makes sense as seems pretty much a match for the Personalizer Check-In data at Princess.com.

Steps 1 thru 3 SHOULD be able to be completed after a deposit is made on a booking. 

Steps 4 & 5 are going to be closer to sail date.  I would like Princess to document when we customers should expect to have ability to complete Step 4.  I don't want to be checking the app every day or so for the next year.  LOL.  I don't want to be left behind in selecting desired Arrival Group. 

I am expecting Step 5 would be done no earlier than two weeks or one week prior to sailing.  Otherwise, health status won't mean much I am thinking.

AFAIK and can surmise from postings and other clues, those of us who cannot access data for Step 1 have a data conversion error from previously existing bookings.  I am thinking if I booked a new cruise today, I'd have access to Step 1 - but not 100% sure.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

You can check it.  Under Personal Information & Documents there's a step called MedallionPay - Add Payment.  Click on that and you should see the card you previously entered - if it stuck.  Mine has.  Alternately under My Account there's an option called Manage Payment Methods.  You should see the credit card here as well.

Thanks. It's not there so apparently it didn't "stick". Perhaps I'll try again. It's a "virtual number" that only works for Princess so I'm not too concerned with it getting hacked.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

Question:  I "think" there are two places for a photo. I can see the spot for a "Profile Photo" but believe there should also be a spot for a "Security Photo". Is the security photo input located in the Personal Information section? (The part I can't access at this time...)

I believe I have read in the past that there are the two photos and the Security Photo is to identify you when boarding and such but the Profile Photo can be anything you like such as your pet, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc.  Is this correct?  (I wouldn't want to submit some spurious pic as a profile pic and then find out it's supposed to be used for ID when boarding.)

IIRC, there were to different images.  One was the security photo which security would use to confirm that it's you boarding the ship.  The other was the avatar which would show up on the screens placed around the ship.  Supposedly, the photo would display on those screens as you walked past them.  On my only MC cruise, I never saw that happen.

I finally was able to download the app yesterday to our tablet from the Princess website and it works, for the most part.  This morning, I decided to throw caution to the wind and deleted the app from my  phone, which I had previously downloaded from the Google Play store.....with great trepidation, I logged onto the Princess site and clicked the app and voila....the app is now on my Android (Samsung 8.1) and is definitely the upgraded version and all of my info is intact.  

Well, it seems we are all busy with this issue and have something to work on (and talk about) while we await our next cruises!

My May 2022 cruise is paid in full and Elite.  On MC the following- 

Travel Checklist

1) Personal Information & Documents 

Only shows my security photo, profile picture, pin code

2) Choose you Ocean Medallion

Blank page, maybe because we are Canadian and have to pick up at dock

3) MedallionPay

shows my credit card information 
4) Arrival/departure 

To early

5) Health Status

to early

You would think I would get a  🟢✔️beside MedallionPay?

My Personalizer - Profile has my passport information.

Where on MC do you put your passport information?

Okay, this is annoying as hell.  The Medallion App will only install on one of our devices.  Even on that iPad, when I open it, it stays open for about 10 seconds, then closes itself.  So, I'm unable to complete anything.  What's the solution?

Press release this morning detailing the new “Crew Call” feature on the app.  

CrewCall™ Gives Guests Instant Access to Personal Service While CrewCall Chat Lets Guests Text Specific Questions and Requests to Crew

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/princess-cruises-unveils-new-on-demand-feature-that-lets-guests-call-a-crew-member-to-their-location-for-assistance-on-medallionclass-vacations-301310000.html

Edited by Syracusefan44
Additional info.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

My May 2022 cruise is paid in full and Elite.  On MC the following- 

Travel Checklist

1) Personal Information & Documents 

Only shows my security photo, profile picture, pin code

2) Choose you Ocean Medallion

Blank page, maybe because we are Canadian and have to pick up at dock

3) MedallionPay

shows my credit card information 
4) Arrival/departure 

To early

5) Health Status

to early

You would think I would get a  🟢✔️beside MedallionPay?

My Personalizer - Profile has my passport information.

Where on MC do you put your passport information?

Personal information. - documents links 

passport to scan it to app. 

I haven’t done it yet but was told to hold iPhone over open passport page take photo using app as camera

other please correct if wrong

i was able to choose standard medallion to pick up at pier

too early for some things

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FredZiffle said:

Okay, this is annoying as hell.  The Medallion App will only install on one of our devices.  Even on that iPad, when I open it, it stays open for about 10 seconds, then closes itself.  So, I'm unable to complete anything.  What's the solution?

They have app & website working well for some of us at this point. 
everyday I notice changes and most of my information has been moved to app. I left it alone and is working quite well in last 3 days. 
solution- wait it out

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dog said:

everyday I notice changes and most of my information has been moved to app. I left it alone and is working quite well in last 3 days. 
solution- wait it out

This is what I've decided. The web site has been fine for me again (since being down this past weekend) and the app (even though I'm at least one rev behind) seems to be fine as well and has the features folks have talked about in the last week, though some are not available yet (DMY, health statement, arrival group). I would like to update the app just to be current but am just going to wait for some time before mucking around with it again. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Princess owes you a commission check. Really. Between your information about the risk assessment and the nice call back from Princess Customer Relations at least acknowledging that the app wasn’t working for me, we just made final payment. A bit of a risk in some senses, but, as you said, less of one in others and what better time to visit Alaska. 

FWIW, I have an iPhone Xs running iOS 14.6 and an iPad Air2 running the same. I have the same issue on both devices. I have never before traveled on a Medallion Class cruise or used the app, which, frankly, I think is part of my issue, though it shouldn’t be. 

I am happy you were able to get all your questions answered so you could make the right choice for you.

When I decided to take one of these early sailings with the medallion ap that I’ve ever used on a class of ship I’ve never been on (bc I like smaller ships) I assumed the worst case scenario would happen. Meaning the ap wouldn’t work, the crew would be rusty, the protocols would be changing constantly before and after boarding …..and so on.

I think since my expectations are so low, my level of frustration has also been low. I decided it would all have to work out in the end. I might be wrong but then I don’t expect to right. Lol. 

I hope you have a great cruise! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dog said:

Personal information. - documents links 

passport to scan it to app. 

I haven’t done it yet but was told to hold iPhone over open passport page take photo using app as camera

other please correct if wrong

i was able to choose standard medallion to pick up at pier

too early for some things

I successfully added my passport that way. It was walnut worked. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Press release this morning detailing the new “Crew Call” feature on the app.  

CrewCall™ Gives Guests Instant Access to Personal Service While CrewCall Chat Lets Guests Text Specific Questions and Requests to Crew

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/princess-cruises-unveils-new-on-demand-feature-that-lets-guests-call-a-crew-member-to-their-location-for-assistance-on-medallionclass-vacations-301310000.html

While it is nice that they are adding functionality for when we are on the ship, I sure wish they would devote more resources to ensuring that our time spent on the app pre-cruise is seamless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dog said:

solution- wait it out

I was noticing little changes every day too - until today.  I still have the exact same issues as I had yesterday.  I'm still waiting for a response from the OM team on what I reported.  I probably would leave this alone if I didn't have a cruise coming within the next two months.  So I will echo your advice - best to wait it out!

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I was noticing little changes every day too - until today.  I still have the exact same issues as I had yesterday.  I'm still waiting for a response from the OM team on what I reported.  I probably would leave this alone if I didn't have a cruise coming within the next two months.  So I will echo your advice - best to wait it out!

Yes, those cruising in next couple of months should print out travel summary etc. Copies of documents etc. Because I doubt they will be functional by then 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dog said:

Yes, those cruising in next couple of months should print out travel summary etc. Copies of documents etc. Because I doubt they will be functional by then 

Plus screenshots of specialty dining etc. since that isn't feeding to the travel summary (not sure if it's a permanent omission or temporary - the headers for specialty dining are still in the travel summary).  And screen shots of any other purchases that aren't noted in the travel summary.

By the way, I just went to make more screen shots of the app and after clocking for a while, Dine My Way throws a message "Dine My Way is not available right now.  Please check back later."  Fingers crossed that this means that more updates are coming!

• Like 2

Dine my way-same as you. I had several tries to select but eventually got all my choices except first night. 

good idea to make those copies. Instead of carrying a lot of paper I take photos on my iPhone. 

Edited by dog

I noticed that the new app was in the Play Store today so I deleted the old one on my Android and then replaced it with the new one.  Same old problems with logging in and linking my booking.  Called Princess and a nice representative told me that they are having problems with the Android and are working on trying to get things fixed --- it is a process and will take time --- I get that.  With cruising starting up in July, the app will have to be functional and they are under the gun to make things right.  So for now, I am just going to back away for a week and then revisit the situation again.  I have two upcoming cruises:  one in August and one next year.  My only concern at this point is the August one; the other can wait.  Tired of worrying about something that is out of my control.  Wish everyone luck.

• Like 2