Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

18 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I just spent 30 minutes in the phone with a Princess rep, and then Princess Customer Service. I told both of them our final payment for our Alaska cruise is due tomorrow, and I was unwilling to make that final payment until I could read the terms of the passage contract and risk acceptance statement, which must be accepted through the Medallion app. Which isn’t working. Again. 

I was told that a link to the risk acceptance statement was right on the Princess home page, idiot (that last bit wasn’t stated, only implied), in the upper left hand corner. When I said I didn’t see it, I was told to click on the Travel advisories link.  When I said I still didn’t see a COVID-19 acceptance statement, I was further directed to the 5/27/21 Notice to Passengers Regarding Advice from the CDC, which I clicked on.  Apparently, the second paragraph of that update is (verbatim, I was assured) the COVID-19 Risk Assessment Statement I will be required to accept via the Medallion app which is not working and is not expected to work all week. 

Interestingly, the link in the first paragraph, to the CDC Cruise Ship Travel Website takes me to a page where the first sentence states that the CDC recommends all people avoid travel on cruise ships. 

Honestly, if this was my first rodeo, the horse would be in the barn and I’d be home in my jammies having a glass of wine; I just wouldn’t particpate. Why is Princess putting us, their first guests willing and anxious to cruise with them again, through all this?

We never even got to where I might find the Passage Contract to read online before I fork over $000s tomorrow. It’s definitely a case where Princess has screwed up every step of the way, but I’m supposed to just trust them.   

Oh my goodness.  I can't believe they are putting us all through this.

The second paragraph that I can see on the Princess website says this:

"If a threshold of COVID-19 is detected onboard, the voyage will be ended, the ship returned to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel or return home may be restricted or delayed."

Whereas the Risk Assessment statement that was shared by the Princess SVP two weeks ago is very different (see attached).

What a mess.

COVID19RiskAcceptance.pdf

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I haven't seen this on my booking for January 2022.  I wonder if they are only requiring this on the bookings for this summer/fall.  I can't get into the app, but the personalizer on the website didn't have it when I could get into it.  Now I'm still getting:

• There was an error in the processing of your request. Please check the information and try again. If you continue to have problems, please call 1-800-PRINCESS and we will be happy to assist you.

I just accessed my Cruise Personalizer for my cruises which has been coming and going.

The app is currently working for me & can view the Passage Contract for our 3 cruises (Fall ‘21, Spring ‘22, Fall ‘21) & both boxes to accept the contract & for the risk assessment. However the risk assessment statement is not currently available to read before accepting the terms. Hopefully this issue & others will be corrected before the first passengers sail.

Princess shouldn’t have deactivated their CP functions before having a reliable app that they’re forcing everyone to use.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I just spent 30 minutes in the phone with a Princess rep, and then Princess Customer Service. I told both of them our final payment for our Alaska cruise is due tomorrow, and I was unwilling to make that final payment until I could read the terms of the passage contract and risk acceptance statement, which must be accepted through the Medallion app. Which isn’t working. Again. 

I was told that a link to the risk acceptance statement was right on the Princess home page, idiot (that last bit wasn’t stated, only implied), in the upper left hand corner. When I said I didn’t see it, I was told to click on the Travel advisories link.  When I said I still didn’t see a COVID-19 acceptance statement, I was further directed to the 5/27/21 Notice to Passengers Regarding Advice from the CDC, which I clicked on.  Apparently, the second paragraph of that update is (verbatim, I was assured) the COVID-19 Risk Assessment Statement I will be required to accept via the Medallion app which is not working and is not expected to work all week. 

Interestingly, the link in the first paragraph, to the CDC Cruise Ship Travel Website takes me to a page where the first sentence states that the CDC recommends all people avoid travel on cruise ships. 

Honestly, if this was my first rodeo, the horse would be in the barn and I’d be home in my jammies having a glass of wine; I just wouldn’t particpate. Why is Princess putting us, their first guests willing and anxious to cruise with them again, through all this?

We never even got to where I might find the Passage Contract to read online before I fork over $000s tomorrow. It’s definitely a case where Princess has screwed up every step of the way, but I’m supposed to just trust them.   

Wow. Just wow. I mean how deep can they bury the info they claim is readily available? Thanks for pointing out where this info is located. Apparently it's just bogus CYA stuff for Princess. It's utterly mind boggling how they want people to just "trust" that they will have everything working all hunky dory and just go ahead and pay them a bunch of money on faith. Over the years you have spent quite a large chunk of cash on Princess cruises. It's appalling that they are treating you (or anybody for that matter) in such a cavalier manner.

EDIT: I just went to the web site and looked at one of my bookings. I see that the passage contract is available there and it has a quite large section regarding COVID-19. It's pretty extensive but nothing unexpected. Totally CYA on the part of Princess.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Okay, where I found it... sign in to Princess.com and find your current booking. "Manage this booking" - go Check In icon at the top (Summary, Check in, Excursions...). when that page comes up, Click on Print Travel Summary (big green box). At the bottom of that page it says "Additional Forms & Documents" - one of those is the Passage Contract. There is also Safety Information, Health Advisory, Cancellation Policy and a Safety Guide.  Hope this helps!! 

Edit: To be honest, the Covid-19 Risk Assessment form isn't there, but the passenger contract is. Also, in the Medallion App the Passenger Contract is under Personal Information & Documents as well. Again, no Covid-19 Risk Assessment form, but it does say you accept it (I guess sight unseen, although it seems to me it was there when I checked it after it first came out?). 

Edited by TinaLee
clarity
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

By using this DMW option I can view all of my dining reservations by cruise.

9B0E3335-A59C-47A2-A2C0-CF6499E06D08.jpeg

I have no problem viewing my dining options....I still can't update the rest of the info, like passport that might be expired or even check to see what they have on file anymore. All I get when I click on it is all hands are on deck to fix it.....Maybe they are working with the Navy.....Please forgive me all you sailors.....Just another grunt's opinion......🤣

• Like 1

Thanks to those who pointed me to my Captains Circle account for the passage contract under Print Travel Summary, Additional Forms and Documents. I had not been able to log in again for several days,  but when I could, I stopped at the point where it said the Passage Contract was in the Medallion app.  Silly of me.  Even now, when I logged in and hit the CONTINUE link, it threw me back to the log in screen, but I refrained from trying to continue and just went into my upcoming cruises. 

There has been quite a bit added to the Passage Contract regarding COVID, and for now I will assume that the information I waited so long for today was wrong, and instead read the terms Azbirdmom’s attached risk acceptance statement as it is probably a more accurate document. 

Grrrr…seriously Princess? Just seriously?

• Like 3

For my May 2022, I have put my credit card information under Method of Payment on MC.  I don’t know if it is saved or not.  Normally it would show the last 4 number of your card.  I have gone back to Method of Payment and the page is blank.

Anybody have the same problem?

• Like 1

OK, I have read the COVID-19 acceptance statement for which Azbirdmom kindly provided the link. 

This statement, which was NOT part of what I was told this morning was the entire acceptance statement certainly caught my attention (bolding mine). 

GUEST KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPTS THIS RISK, INCLUDING THE RISK OF SERIOUS ILLNESS OR DEATH ARISING FROM SUCH EXPOSURE, AND/OR ALL RELATED DAMAGES, LOSS, COSTS AND EXPENSES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER

Like never before, travel insurance is imperative. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Honestly, if this was my first rodeo, the horse would be in the barn and I’d be home in my jammies having a glass of wine; I just wouldn’t participate. Why is Princess putting us, their first guests willing and anxious to cruise with them again, through all this?

Great post, J.  I hope you make it on board and to the MTP luncheon and find someone there to hear you out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

OK, I have read the COVID-19 acceptance statement for which Azbirdmom kindly provided the link. 

This statement, which was NOT part of what I was told this morning was the entire acceptance statement certainly caught my attention (bolding mine). 

GUEST KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPTS THIS RISK, INCLUDING THE RISK OF SERIOUS ILLNESS OR DEATH ARISING FROM SUCH EXPOSURE, AND/OR ALL RELATED DAMAGES, LOSS, COSTS AND EXPENSES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER

Like never before, travel insurance is imperative. 

The statement is also included in the Travel Checklist documents on the Medallion app.  Item 6 - 

YOU KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT THESE RISKS AS PART OF THIS PASSAGE CONTRACT, INCLUDING THE RISK OF SERIOUS ILLNESS OR DEATH ARISING FROM SUCH EXPOSURES, AND/OR ALL RELATED DAMAGES, LOSS, COSTS AND EXPENSES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER. 

Totally agree about the need for travel insurance.   We had GeoBlue yearly policy now looking for new carrier.

23 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Great post, J.  I hope you make it on board and to the MTP luncheon and find someone there to hear you out.

OMG my husband would shoot me. Appropriate MTG conversation topics:  the weather, the state of the sea, the wonderful crew, favorite destinations and a funny little story about the time something travel related (but not something that could in any way be construed to be Princess’s fault) went horribly wrong but worked out fine in the end. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, phabric said:

For my May 2022, I have put my credit card information under Method of Payment on MC.  I don’t know if it is saved or not.  Normally it would show the last 4 number of your card.  I have gone back to Method of Payment and the page is blank.

That’s what I put in at final payment. Too crazy right now. 

2 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

Isn't a cruise therapy??? I need one bad! 

Agree, a cruise is therapy --- the good kind.  What I will be needing is professional therapy to cope with all the anxiety that Princess is causing with the Medallion and its IT issues. 

• Like 3

Hello, I am a very first timer here and have booked our first 7 day cruise to Alaska from Seattle! It is all so overwhelming and then they tell me I have to use this APP.... Well, as you all have been talking about the app does not work. I still have it on my Samsung phone but it is gone from the Play Store. The App does not show my husband on it. When they first told me to use the app I did while on the phone booking my trip. I could not get in, but it finally let me in via email, as it did not want to take my booking number. Now it shows I have two accounts, one using email and one using booking number and neither of them show my husband on them. It is my name and only me on the app no matter what I do or look at. I started ordering my medallion and it looks like I have 2 in there both with my name on it.... This ***** is really frustrating to say the least. Our trip is not until Sept 26th so we do have time, but for being a first timer doing anything like this, I am really mad.... I still am looking forward to going on the trip, we have planned our excursions via the website. 

If anyone has any tips how to make my husband show up. I did add companion and i added our booking number but it is just the other account via email.

Edited by Loretta_Thomas

1 hour ago, phabric said:

I inputted a cc in the app on my tablet and it does show in the app on both phone and tablet so far. Not holdhmy breath again though....I don't look good regularly,  let alone blue 😂

18 minutes ago, Loretta_Thomas said:

Hello, I am a very first timer here and have booked our first 7 day cruise to Alaska from Seattle! It is all so overwhelming and then they tell me I have to use this APP.... Well, as you all have been talking about the app does not work. I still have it on my Samsung phone but it is gone from the Play Store. The App does not show my husband on it. When they first told me to use the app I did while on the phone booking my trip. I could not get in, but it finally let me in via email, as it did not want to take my booking number. Now it shows I have two accounts, one using email and one using booking number and neither of them show my husband on them. It is my name and only me on the app no matter what I do or look at. I started ordering my medallion and it looks like I have 2 in there both with my name on it.... This ***** is really frustrating to say the least. Our trip is not until Sept 26th so we do have time, but for being a first timer doing anything like this, I am really mad.... I still am looking forward to going on the trip, we have planned our excursions via the website. 

If anyone has any tips how to make my husband show up. I did add companion and i added our booking number but it is just the other account via email.

Welcome to cruise critic 😁 I know this is a horrible time for them to do this, just think of the fun you'll have in Alaska. And you must let me know how it is since our first Alaska cruise is still 445 days away. 😂

29 minutes ago, Loretta_Thomas said:

I added my wife under the Journey View section where it had a selection for Travel Companions. Even though we are on the same booking number she didn't show up. I entered the booking number using CAPS (like it shows on the documents) and it failed to find that number. I entered the same number all lower case and it magically found the booking and added my wife. Lame. Very lame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

The statement is also included in the Travel Checklist documents on the Medallion app.  Item 6 - 

I just get the "All hands are on tech" notice. Perhaps my cruise is too far out.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I just get the "All hands are on tech" notice. Perhaps my cruise is too far out.

My cruise is August 22, 2021 and I have been receiving the message for about a week.