Excited to Return to Cruising !!!

5 minutes ago, RIvacationgirl said:

Looking forward to enjoying the Norwegian Pearl in April 2022. Which ship is the most similar?  

Is this anybody's favorite ship? If so, tell me why!

Thank you!!!

Hey RI, I'm not too far in MA.  I don't have much of real value to add, as I haven't been on any of the Jewel class (Pearl being one of them), (I'm booked on a Jewel class in 124 days!).  Hopefully you loved your time on the Jewel (of course the Pearl has been refurbished since then!) 

For me, looking ahead at the deck plans, it looks like the Jewel class is a hybrid of the BEST parts of the Sun and Star, which I loved them both! (Star is Dawn class) 

I hope you enjoy your Pearl experience!

There are 4 Jewel class ships: Jewel, Jade, Pearl and Gem. Jewel and Jade were built first and they are exact sisters. The other 2, Pearl and Gem were built after and they are exact sisters.

All 4 are sisters in a lot of ways, anyway. We have been on all 4 but we do not have a particular favourite.

ENJOY!!

• Like 1

My first two NCL cruises were on the Jewel. Really enjoyed it. Nice smaller scale ship. I was quite happy. I didn't really feel it was lacking anything a bigger ship had (well maybe go karts and rope courses).

9 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

There are 4 Jewel class ships: Jewel, Jade, Pearl and Gem. Jewel and Jade were built first and they are exact sisters. The other 2, Pearl and Gem were built after and they are exact sisters.

All 4 are sisters in a lot of ways, anyway. We have been on all 4 but we do not have a particular favourite.

ENJOY!!

I'm booked on the Gem on Sept 12-19, 2021 R/T out of La Romana, Dom Rep. This will be my 2nd cruise in 2021 (can you tell I wanted to get back out there? Lol). I'm looking forward to trying one of NCL's smaller ships (less pax = less crowds). NCL may even further limit capacity (for social distancing), which would really give us a lot of room onboard.

• Like 1

We've sailed on all the Jewels as they are our ship of choice, really based on passenger numbers and space. There are a LOT of people on board but they never feel crowded, you can walk into an empty bar at 8pm. The larger ships have a few extra features and many of these are particularly great for kids, we're a no kids couple and the Jewels have everything we need with a more intimate feel. We love them and they are one of the reasons we've been so loyal to NCL over the years. Different things are important to different people of course so YMMV.

The Pearl was our first cruise and been on her many cruises since.  She's my favorite.   Jewel class are the prefect size for us and include the front Spinnaker lounge and the rear Great Outdoors.  

6 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

I'm excited too!

I've recently started work on a travel and cruise blog/vlog so really excited to get back to it so I can get some video content! 😄

Are you going to post a link so we can find your blog?

I love the Jewel class ships. I have 2 booked one on the Gem in September the other on the Jewel in February. I am so excited to cruise again vacations aren’t the same without a cruise 

Edited by saltsandknit

The Jewel was our first NCL ship.  We liked it so well that we booked a NE/Canada cruise for this fall on the Gem which was cancelled.  Now we are booked on a January 22 Mexico cruise on the Jewel.  We have the same suite that we had on the first Jewel cruise (and the same as we were going to have on the Gem.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 6:25 AM, roger001 said:

The Pearl was our first cruise and been on her many cruises since.  She's my favorite.   Jewel class are the prefect size for us and include the front Spinnaker lounge and the rear Great Outdoors.  

+1 and +1.  I hate ships like the Epic that do not have a forward facing lounge.  Also, we love the rear great outdoors.  We sailed the Jewel twice to Alaska and it was great.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL has now cancelled both the Joy and the Gem.... what's next??? Alaska still iffy with the requirement to get CDC approval. Maybe Royal will have more luck

Since NCL has embraced a 100% vaccination requirement, what is still "iffy?"

• Like 1