Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Unfortunately it sounds like you've got an inexperienced Princess Vacation Planner. Ask Kimberly Baldwin at kbaldwin@princesscruises.com to just either (1) reflect it in the app, (2) send you an email confirmation that it exists, or (3) post it in your travel summary.  She's fantastic (you didn't say if you were booked thru a TA -- if so then you have to resolve all issues thru your TA)

I book direct online and am just done dealing with this.  Customer Relations told me that is the problem, my booking direct and then booking the reservations online. Told me I should have called to make the reservations.  

20 minutes ago, mina said:

I book direct online and am just done dealing with this.  Customer Relations told me that is the problem, my booking direct and then booking the reservations online. Told me I should have called to make the reservations.  

Time to contact Kimberly Baldwin (if you contact the head of Public Relations,  she'll just give the email to Kimberly). She WILL tell them to do it. 

I had 5.5 months of unbelievable snafus until I found her. Took her office less than a week. I don't mess around anymore. Her office handles anything I cannot resolve in 10 business days. 

You're only asking for 1 of 3 options (or most of the 3):

1. Get it on the app (apps so messed up that's probably not happening yet)

2. List it in the Travel Summary

3. Email confirmation from corporate that it's paid

Good Luck!! 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, XBGuy said:

@minaI have read numerous reports here on Cruise Critic in which posters have received satisfaction by reporting problems to the Princess Customer Relations Desk.  Why don't you give them a chance and send a detailed email to custormerrelations@princess.com?  (I think that is the correct address.   I'm going from memory.)

OOPs!!!

10 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:
4 hours ago, XBGuy said:

@minaI have read numerous reports here on Cruise Critic in which posters have received satisfaction by reporting problems to the Princess Customer Relations Desk.  Why don't you give them a chance and send a detailed email to custormerrelations@princess.com?  (I think that is the correct address.   I'm going from memory.)

Expand  

OOPs!!!

Kbaldwin@princesscruises.com 

Has anyone been able to book DMW reservations for cruises in November 2021? I was successful in booking reservations for our August cruise but I haven’t been able to make reservations for our November cruise. I’m thinking I just need to be patient but thought I’d check to see if anyone else has had problems booking for sailings later in the year. 

10 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Has anyone been able to book DMW reservations for cruises in November 2021? I was successful in booking reservations for our August cruise but I haven’t been able to make reservations for our November cruise. I’m thinking I just need to be patient but thought I’d check to see if anyone else has had problems booking for sailings later in the year. 

I’ve made DMW reservations for Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Fall 2022.

21 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

We have cruises booked on the Regal for October 23 and November 3. we had no trouble booking dining reservations

Was able to make specialty dining reservations for our Nov. 2021 cruise on DMW; however, only partly successful booking specialty dining for our May, 2022 cruise---I say "partly" because we had the same problem many others have experienced--cannot get our specialty dining credit of $29 applied to both DH and myself--the app will only apply the credit for one of us.  Will call Princess to see if this can be resolved.

Have been able to secure individual dining times in the free MDR's for both cruises.  We usually choose Anytime Dining, but now with DMW, figured we better try to secure definite times through the app.

12 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Cruise in January '22 - it worked. Cruise in April '22 - "loading".

@minayou made me look. My specialty dining isn't showing on the app but it is on the travel summary so I'm set. Will take a screenshot for PSD if it doesn't show by the time I sail. They remove all erroneous charges

@Ombud may I ask how you booked your specialty dining?   The Customer Relations Rep told me it was my issue that it did not show up on the Travel Summary because I booked it online instead of calling in to book it.  In the future I should always call in to book it, she said that it has never shown in the travel summary, if you book it online.  I am not sure that is true as I always book multiple dinners online pre 2020 and it always showed in the Travel Summary from my memory.     Did you book/pay for yours through the online personalizer or did you call in to book it?   

Edited by mina

I did not call in. PVP gave it to me because I had a 5.5 month nightmare last year in addition to extremely long wait for refunds ( I was canceled supposedly for a ship itinerary being changed BUT IT WASN'T CHANGED, then the kids were supposed to get FCC + refund & FCC didn't show up. I think if anything could have gone wrong, it did. Thank you, KB for making me 'whole')

28 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I did not call in. PVP gave it to me because I had a 5.5 month nightmare last year in addition to extremely long wait for refunds ( I was canceled supposedly for a ship itinerary being changed BUT IT WASN'T CHANGED, then the kids were supposed to get FCC + refund & FCC didn't show up. I think if anything could have gone wrong, it did. Thank you, KB for making me 'whole')

I forgot to state that they lost my Goodwill OBC too. Found it later -- or replaced it

I just watched that video.  It looks like there are a LOT of options for main dining room type meals to be delivered to you.  So, that sounds great.

But, I notice that this could be, as many mentioned, kind of a techie headache.

Say you decide to go to a specialty restaurant for that night, or any night.

You have to cancel any standing reservation FIRST,  which seems to be before you can see what availability there is at the specialty restaurant.   If there is no good availability, then it seems you could be left with NO actual dining reservation for that night???

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

TY so that means they entered it in to the system which they told me is the only type that shows up in the Travel Summary.   That is helpful! 

4 minutes ago, mina said:

TY so that means they entered it in to the system which they told me is the only type that shows up in the Travel Summary.   That is helpful! 

My trust isn't as high as others so I strongly suggest that you print or screenshot the Travel Summary showing it is paid. And unless KB can resolve book onboard

Soon enough accounting will be back in the offices and it'll be back to normal 

Edited by Ombud

Just now, Ombud said:

My trust isn't as high as others so I strongly suggest that you print or screenshot the Travel Summary showing it is paid. And unless KB can resolve book onboard

It does not show on my travel summary.  That is why I have called three times asking for an email to be sent or my  money refunded so I can rebook on the ship. The rep tells me I should not have reserved it through the personalizer online if I wanted a record of it -- as it does not show in the summary if you do it direct.  So, I trust them not at all - which is the root of my issue right now.  I did send the email this morning to JB as you recommended.  Hopefully, she will respond.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Please post back and let everyone know what happened

WOW, Kimberly truly is the best!  I sent the email this morning and now have an email back from her documenting my prepaid reservations and times.  She also called to follow up and apologize for everything, but she got my voice mail.   Thank you Ombud for the suggestion!  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I just watched that video.  It looks like there are a LOT of options for main dining room type meals to be delivered to you.  So, that sounds great.

I watched the video and it sounded like fluffy BS to me. I think Princess actually believes that all those 40 somethings they show in the video are who their core constituency is, instead of 60, 70 and older somethings.

All of that using the app so easily and quickly, won't be easy or quick for the many passengers who aren't Smartphone proficient.

12 minutes ago, mina said:

WOW, Kimberly truly is the best!  I sent the email this morning and now have an email back from her documenting my prepaid reservations and times.  She also called to follow up and apologize for everything, but she got my voice mail.   Thank you Ombud for the suggestion!  

Told you!! Save that email!!

7 hours ago, Wichard said:

I have been able to book November 2021 and January 2022 using DMW.

I was able today, for the first time, to make DMW reservations for April 2022.  Not specialty reservations however as we're not sure this far out when we want to use that comp'd dining.

Edited by joepeka

9 hours ago, billco said:

Medallion Class Mondays: Dine My Way

8 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

But, I notice that this could be, as many mentioned, kind of a techie headache.

Say you decide to go to a specialty restaurant for that night, or any night.

You have to cancel any standing reservation FIRST,  which seems to be before you can see what availability there is at the specialty restaurant.   If there is no good availability, then it seems you could be left with NO actual dining reservation for that night???

6 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I watched the video and it sounded like fluffy BS to me. I think Princess actually believes that all those 40 somethings they show in the video are who their core constituency is, instead of 60, 70 and older somethings.

All of that using the app so easily and quickly, won't be easy or quick for the many passengers who aren't Smartphone proficient.

Yes, fluffy in a lot of ways.  In the details, the app doesn't work the way it was demonstrated.  You do not have to delete an existing reservation in order to look into another one on the same evening.  

They are avoiding talking about table size.  These guys just don't get it.

• Like 1