Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

Steelers 36, we booked prior to DMW and had Anytime Dining.   We were on this ship (Sky) in 3/2020 as the Pandemic struck and had such a difficult time then getting a table at dinner each night that we hesitated booking it again but eventually did so.  We thought when DMW was announced that perhaps it would be easier but apparently not.  

Forgot to ask this and not sure whether or not it has been asked.  Are we better off taking the table for 10 that we do not want and trying to change if and when we sail or are we better off simply not making a reservation at all and try to get one once onboard? Thanks.

2 hours ago, espmass said:

Forgot to ask this and not sure whether or not it has been asked.  Are we better off taking the table for 10 that we do not want and trying to change if and when we sail or are we better off simply not making a reservation at all and try to get one once onboard? Thanks.

For me, I have no idea.

• Like 1

Checking in to see if anyone who prepurchased specialty dining for Alaska through the personalizer see it in the medallion app yet.   I have not been able to resolve my 186 dollar  prepurchase yet with princess and they refuse to refund me and say it’s in our system and the ship will know  even though the purchases and dining times do not show on my trip summary or in the medallion and I have no proof.  All I want them to do is refund me and let me rebook through the app.  They won’t.  The rep also said if I can’t be patient and just trust them I can just cancel the cruise as that is the only way to get the dining fee refunded since it does not show on either app, I can not cancel just that.  Horrible interactions with their customer relations group, so disappointed.  

Edited by mina

6 hours ago, espmass said:

Did Dine My Way assign a table for 10? Thought 8 was the largest size with only a few 10's in the DR's. Agree with Steelers36. No idea. Maybe take what you get and try again sometime.

1 hour ago, mina said:

Checking in to see if anyone who prepurchased specialty dining for Alaska through the personalizer see it in the medallion app yet.   I have not been able to resolve my 186 dollar  prepurchase yet with princess and they refuse to refund me and say it’s in our system and the ship will know  even though the purchases and dining times do not show on my trip summary or in the medallion and I have no proof.  All I want them to do is refund me and let me rebook through the app.  They won’t.  The rep also said if I can’t be patient and just trust them I can just cancel the cruise as that is the only way to get the dining fee refunded since it does not show on either app, I can not cancel just that.  Horrible interactions with their customer relations group, so disappointed.  

It's not the only way. Dispute the purchase on your credit card.

45 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

It's not the only way. Dispute the purchase on your credit card.

Princess will say they will honor the purchase as they are saying to me, I will lose and still be on the ship with no evidence I paid and reserved.  If they can’t give me evidence I paid and reserved, I very much doubt when I get on the ship they will have been communicated with.

Edited by mina

6 hours ago, mina said:

Incredible, no way to cancel dining except to cancel the entire cruise. What kind of crazy policy is that? I would keep trying as difficult as it may be.  

• Like 1

Just now, skynight said:

Incredible, no way to cancel dining except to cancel the entire cruise. What kind of crazy policy is that? I would keep trying as difficult as it may be.  

They do not want to give me a refund so I can rebook it.  So, the rep was being snarky, that if I distrust princess so much……kinda thing.     The only way for a customer to cancel prepaid dining now is thru the app, and since mine does not show in the app but only in their mainframe, they are saying they can’t cancel and refund it.  Pretty lame excuse to me.  I asked.. so you are willing to lose my next five cruises I have booked over a refund of 186 dollars? and she said, well if that’s what you want to do and don’t trust us, then Go for it.  On Monday I am calling again and writing an email to the customer relations director.  

Question. In the past we have never pre-booked specialty dining. Never had to. Just waited until we boarded and visited the restaurant. For those that know in the past was there a cancellation policy? I'm thinking there was one, same as there was a cancellation policy for tours. If so eliminating a cancellation policy is a change to use it or loose it.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, skynight said:

Question. In the past we have never pre-booked specialty dining. Never had to. Just waited until we boarded and visited the restaurant. For those that know in the past was there a cancellation policy? I'm thinking there was one, same as there was a cancellation policy for tours. If so eliminating a cancellation policy is a change to use it or loose it.  

You have always been able to pay then cancel and get a refund and you still are. These were reservations I paid for, not a free credit.  In my case, the dining does not show up in the medallion app and it also does not show on the personalizer any more.  As such, this is unique to me.  The rep says I have to cancel it in the app.  However, the reason I am trying to cancel it is because it does not show in the app and I no longer have evidence of my scheduled time or payment I made in the personalizer.  They refuse to cancel it for me.   

Edited by mina

6 hours ago, mina said:

Princess will say they will honor the purchase as they are saying to me, I will lose and still be on the ship with no evidence I paid and reserved.  If they can’t give me evidence I paid and reserved, I very much doubt when I get on the ship they will have been communicated with.

Couple of thoughts. I understand your frustration but suggest you don't let it bug you too much. Try a different Princess contact; dispute credit card - Princess unlikely to contest; wait until you board and cancel then. BTW why do you want to cancel ?

Thank you both.   I have called three times and been on the phone for over an hour each time.  I am not wanting to cancel. I originally wanted  a confirmation of my paid bookings and scheduled times.   They will not email me that, just say it should show in the app.  It does not and my travel summary also does not show these reservations.  So, I asked them to refund the charges so I can rebook in the app.  They won’t do that either.   So, at this point I give up.  I will wait till I get on the ship, if they do not have a record, I will pay again and then keep that receipt and dispute the cc charge,  not much else I can do.  Appreciate the input.

future Princess announcement 😉

Due to the continued problems with the Medallion Class app and Dining My Way, Princess will revert back to the previous dining times with Traditional and Anytime timing.  Please go to you website Personalizer to select your preference(s). All previously selected dining options on the MC app will be disregarded

Our M'D will be stationed in a dining room on embarkation day to assist you with this if needed

Please refer to the Patter for times and locations

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I finally was able to get the right cruise loaded in the app. It kept loading a July 2021 cruise. I have a 5pm booking for a table of 4 which I can't delete and was assigned. I've been able to book a 6:40 table for 2 in the Michelangelo dining room. The 5pm res doesn't have the cancel reservation but the one I made does.

12 hours ago, mina said:

Thank you both.   I have called three times and been on the phone for over an hour each time.  I am not wanting to cancel. I originally wanted  a confirmation of my paid bookings and scheduled times.   They will not email me that, just say it should show in the app.  It does not and my travel summary also does not show these reservations.  So, I asked them to refund the charges so I can rebook in the app.  They won’t do that either.   So, at this point I give up.  I will wait till I get on the ship, if they do not have a record, I will pay again and then keep that receipt and dispute the cc charge,  not much else I can do.  Appreciate the input.

Bring a copy of your credit card receipt showing the charge.

Also, check the rules for your credit card. Depending on when your cruise leaves, you may be past the "charge back" time period.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

future Princess announcement 😉

Due to the continued problems with the Medallion Class app and Dining My Way, Princess will revert back to the previous dining times with Traditional and Anytime timing.  Please go to you website Personalizer to select your preference(s). All previously selected dining options on the MC app will be disregarded

Our M'D will be stationed in a dining room on embarkation day to assist you with this if needed

Please refer to the Patter for times and locations

Do you know when they are planning to discontinue MC “Dining My Way” ?    How are they going to announce to us about the change?

Presently there is no area to add your selected dining selection on the Personalizer.  They tell you to add MC app under Dining Options.

Should we contact our agents to add our selection back?

1 minute ago, phabric said:

Do you know when they are planning to discontinue MC “Dining My Way” ?    How are they going to announce to us about the change?

Presently there is no area to add your selected dining selection on the Personalizer.  They tell you to add MC app under Dining Options.

sorry if you took my post as "fact" ... I have NO IDEA what Princess may or may not do as cruising resumes ... I'm not sure anyone ... well, I'll just leave it as that

1 hour ago, phabric said:

That earlier comment was pure hope and speculation 

@minaI have read numerous reports here on Cruise Critic in which posters have received satisfaction by reporting problems to the Princess Customer Relations Desk.  Why don't you give them a chance and send a detailed email to custormerrelations@princess.com?  (I think that is the correct address.   I'm going from memory.)

20 hours ago, mina said:

They do not want to give me a refund so I can rebook it.  So, the rep was being snarky, that if I distrust princess so much……kinda thing.     The only way for a customer to cancel prepaid dining now is thru the app, and since mine does not show in the app but only in their mainframe, they are saying they can’t cancel and refund it.  Pretty lame excuse to me.  I asked.. so you are willing to lose my next five cruises I have booked over a refund of 186 dollars? and she said, well if that’s what you want to do and don’t trust us, then Go for it.  On Monday I am calling again and writing an email to the customer relations director.  

Unfortunately it sounds like you've got an inexperienced Princess Vacation Planner. Ask Kimberly Baldwin at kbaldwin@princesscruises.com to just either (1) reflect it in the app, (2) send you an email confirmation that it exists, or (3) post it in your travel summary.  She's fantastic (you didn't say if you were booked thru a TA -- if so then you have to resolve all issues thru your TA)

3 hours ago, XBGuy said:

@minaI have read numerous reports here on Cruise Critic in which posters have received satisfaction by reporting problems to the Princess Customer Relations Desk.  Why don't you give them a chance and send a detailed email to custormerrelations@princess.com?  (I think that is the correct address.   I'm going from memory.)

Unfortunately it was this group that told me I should cancel the whole trip in order to get my refund as they can’t do it.  Reps name was Karen and was supposed to call me back in an hour with an alternative, that was Thursday morning…..