CDC-update May 5th

Tjcalley

2 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Everybody fits somewhere in the spectrum of CC posters as you proudly fit into a #6 CC poster type. We are, who we are whether we see it or not.

I don't even know what these nonsense posts mean.   

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Moreover, it's legally questionable whether the CDC has the authority (whether it be statutory, etc.) to exert this type of control over the cruise industry. Even if it does, it appears its actions, at times, have been arbitrary and capricious (see airline vs. cruise "regs").

Just because it has been questioned in a lawsuit does not make it "legally questionable".  If that were the case, I could file a suit that the Bill of Rights was "legally questionable".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kleibo said:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6097/   

1st to strike

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings' Boss Tears Into CDC, Warns July U.S. Restart Will Not Happen

Those of us who realized the CDC was being unreasonable are in the majority.  I think the people who have been locked down and scared for the past year just can't see it.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, kleibo said:

1st to strike

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings' Boss Tears Into CDC, Warns July U.S. Restart Will Not Happen

With this now being out there, it is starting to look like July is gone unless May 12th is successful. NCL has been on the front end of being accurate. I can see the cruise lines willing to share their facts, science, and data to support the case. 

Edited by BoozinCroozin
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, bdever said:

All of the guidelines released today by the CDC pertain to section 2B of the CSO, which btw, are not required for cruise ship operators planning on sailing with 98% of crew vaxxed and 95% of passengers vaxxed. And these guidelines only pertain to the simulated test sailings. Until Carnival announces if they are going to opt in/out of the simulated sailings, & if opting out, what the restrictions will be for vaxx cruises we can only speculate. 

What I find interesting is: "At least one simulation must be conducted for each ship for which the cruise ship operator's application for a COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate under the CSO." - So, if Carnival does decide to go with the simulated test cruise route vs.. the vaxxed cruises route it sounds like it would take a long time to get the entire fleet up and running again.

That’s what I thought also. Idk why people post and don’t actually know the whole story. People just end up assuming all sorts of crazy and everyone gets their panties in a wad without knowing the all the details. Drives me crazy! 

• Like 1

I think the CDC has done a great job up until this point not caving to people who didn't believe the virus to be a big deal.  Now that we have a vaccine and the numbers are dropping precipitously especially when it comes to hospitalizations it is time to open up cruising to vaccinated people.  I hope the CDC continues to do  a great job and let vaccinated people back onto cruise ships.

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Those of us who realized the CDC was being unreasonable are in the majority.  I think the people who have been locked down and scared for the past year just can't see it.

Saying you are a majority doesn't make it true. People afraid of a vaccine don't help.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

With this now being out there, it is starting to look like July is gone unless May 12th is successful. NCL has been on the front end of being accurate. I can see the cruise lines willing to share their facts, science, and data to support the case. 

NCL is requiring vaccines. Now that's science!

2 hours ago, kleibo said:

1st to strike

Del Rio has to do something to justify his compensation going from17.8 million to 36.38 million last year, when the cruise line was hemoraging cash.

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

The July restart was always contingent on the cruise lines meeting the requirements of the CSO.

More accurately it was contingent on a moving goal post that can never be reached just like all of Facui's stuff.

I'm now convinced cruising does not resume in 2021 (maybe even 2022) if left in the hands of the CDC. It is going to take outside actions.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NightOne said:

More accurately it was contingent on a moving goal post that can never be reached just like all of Facui's stuff.

Show me the "move" the goalposts made from the No Sail Order to the requirements today.  If anything, most here are saying that the goalposts haven't moved to stay up with current situations.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, chengkp75 said:

Show me the "move" the goalposts made from the No Sail Order to the requirements today.

I will give you the easiest one:

"you can cruise in Mid-July if you follow all of our directons"

NOT HAPPENING

9 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I'm now convinced cruising does not resume in 2021 (maybe even 2022) if left in the hands of the CDC. It is going to take outside actions.

Some of us will be cruising.

8 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I will give you the easiest one:

"you can cruise in Mid-July if you follow all of our directons"

NOT HAPPENING

Whose fault is that?  Did the cruise lines do anything to get started?  Did they get the port agreements in place?  And, by the way, the CDC said you could, not can, cruise in July, but none of the cruise lines have made any move towards meeting the requirements that would have allowed the cruises to start in July.  Who moved the goalposts?  The cruise lines, still hoping this will all go away, and they can go back to business as before the pandemic.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, tkportersat said:

This is what I did at the Rangers Game this week actually,  I was actively eating and drinking the whole time I was there 😆

I did that too - until no one around me cared and no one came to tell us otherwise and we quite the charade!  That ballpark is awesome with the roof open!!

• Like 3

Can we talk sensibly for a minute 

Can someone tell me the science behind why it is OK to sit by a pool at a hotel without a mask and why you can't on a cruise ship.  Both being socially distant.

Can someone tell me the science behind eating an extended meal in a restaurant with no mask and why you can't on a cruise ship.

Where is the data?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kleibo said:

Can we talk sensibly for a minute 

Can someone tell me the science behind why it is OK to sit by a pool at a hotel without a mask and why you can't on a cruise ship.  Both being socially distant.

Can someone tell me the science behind eating an extended meal in a restaurant with no mask and why you can't on a cruise ship.

Where is the data?

Who said that was OK? Last I knew businesses made that decision regardless of whatever risk.

• Like 2

Just now, embarkation75 said:

Who said that was OK? Last I knew businesses made that decision regardless of whatever risk.

I am talking about CDC guidelines - I'm stating they are not consistent.

• Like 2

The "chin diaper police" are going to be in for a surprise if they think everyone will actually wear a mask when they're outside on the deck. 😂😂😂

Edited by kilkoyne
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

First of all let me be clear. I’m not an anti-masker.

That being said, I had absolutely no hesitation in getting the vaccine because I wanted to protect  myself and others and also wanted to return to a more normal life.

Ever since I passed the final immunization period I only wear my mask where the rules ask you to. 
I think Carnival should give all those with proof of vaccination a wristband to wear, and masks are no longer required for them  unless in a port that requires all who leave the ship to wear one.

All those not vaccinated ( since evidently that’s their right) need to wear a mask anytime they leave their cabin. Period!!

• Like 7

The Don't Tread  on Me cult will enjoy reading the updated Carnival ticket contract.

(b) Carnival has adopted specific COVID-19 Guest Protocols with input from medical, science and public health experts and guidance from international, national, and regional health authorities, including the U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health agencies when the Vessel is within that agency’s jurisdiction. Guest acknowledges that these directives may change from time to time and that Carnival’s COVID-19 Guest Protocols may therefore change. GUEST EXPRESSLY AGREES TO COMPLY NOT ONLY WITH THE COVID-19 GUEST PROTOCOLS AS THEY ARE DESCRIBED HEREIN, BUT ALSO AS THEY ARE SET FORTH ON CARNIVAL’S COVID-19 GUEST PROTOCOLS WEBPAGE, AT ALL TIMES INCLUDING PRE-EMBARKATION, WHILE ON BOARD, DURING PORT CALLS AND SHORE EXCURSIONS AND/OR FINAL DISEMBARKATION. In case of any conflict between the COVID-19 Guest Protocols described herein or on Carnival’s website, the website controls and Guest’s agreement to abide by said website constitutes an integral part of this Ticket Contract.

(c) Guest acknowledges that Carnival’s COVID-19 Guest Protocols may or will include (but are not be limited to): (1) completion of an accurate, truthful and complete health questionnaire in a form and containing any health or travel-related questions as determined by Carnival in its sole discretion based on advice from cognizant government or health authorities or medical experts for each Guest prior to boarding; (2) pre-embarkation and/or periodic testing and temperature checks of each Guest followed by a period of isolation until test results are available; (3) modified capacity rules for activities (including but not limited to restaurants, gyms, and entertainment events on board and for shore excursions) which may limit or eliminate the ability of Guest to participate in particular activities; (4) mandatory use by each Guest (except for children under the age of 2 years) of face masks in most locations outside of the Guest’s stateroom while on board, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions; (5) mandatory physical distancing of Guests outside of their cruise companions (family and/or immediate travel group) at any/all times while on board and during embarkation, disembarkation, and shore excursions; (6) additional restrictions during shore excursions depending on local conditions, including but not limited to denial of disembarkation at destinations unless participating in only Carnival-approved shore excursions and denial of reboarding the vessel for any noncompliance by Guest or members of Guest’s travelling party with COVID-19 Guest Protocols; (7) mandatory hand-sanitizing by Guests upon entry or exit of any public areas; (8) confinement of Guests to staterooms , quarantine or emergency disembarkation of Guest if, in Carnival’s sole discretion, such steps are necessary to prevent or slow the spread of COVID-19; (9) the required completion by Guest in a timely manner of any written authorizations or consent forms required for Carnival to carry out its COVID-19 Guest Protocols (including but not limited to medical information, medical privacy, or personal data privacy consent forms), and; (10) other policies and procedures deemed by Carnival in its sole discretion to be necessary to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19.

• Like 5