Onboard COVID Testing

GranJean

Searched but didn’t find information about whether or not Princess ships will have COVID Testing onboard. Most if not all countries and some US states (Hawaii for example) require a current negative test results in hand at arrival.
 Princess has stated that they will comply with port requirements at each stop. Does that mean they will test and provide each passenger with valid test results?  And who pays for it?

1 minute ago, GranJean said:

Searched but didn’t find information about whether or not Princess ships will have COVID Testing onboard. Most if not all countries and some US states (Hawaii for example) require a current negative test results in hand at arrival.
 Princess has stated that they will comply with port requirements at each stop. Does that mean they will test and provide each passenger with valid test results?  And who pays for it?

It states that any tests included . They can swallow that cost ,as they'll want you onboard, spending money and not cancellations

9 hours ago, GranJean said:

Who pays for it? You better hope it’s not the passenger. Have you ever going to the doctor on a cruise ship? 💵💵💵💵💵. 😳
Tony

• Haha 1

I am not concerned about testing but would like Princess to be more transparent about what there cruising plans really are.  I have a cruise booked for 10/5 out of Southampton with final payment due 7/7.  UK still has US citizens red listed.  

21 minutes ago, spyro1952 said:

I am not concerned about testing but would like Princess to be more transparent about what there cruising plans really are.  I have a cruise booked for 10/5 out of Southampton with final payment due 7/7.  UK still has US citizens red listed.  

I think you are being a little unfair - Princess have no idea what the status of the US will be in October, so trying to make plans 5 months out is difficult. We are on the October 22nd Sky cruise out of Southampton,  and at present, as Brits, every country that we cruise to is on the amber list. 

I can't see how Princess can plan when the country "traffic light" system changes every 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Travlin grrl said:

If you are vaccinated and can show proof, I would think you don't need to do a covid test?

And if everyone had to be vaccinated, even better.

I agree with that, but the US is still requiring a negative covid test to return the country. I am hoping that they soon allow those with proof of vaccine to return without testing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Travlin grrl said:

If you are vaccinated and can show proof, I would think you don't need to do a covid test?

Doesn't work like that- you can be vaccinated, but still be infected,  and therefore possibly infect others. However,  if those around you gave been vaccinated,  the chances of transmission are drastically reduced.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2021 at 6:27 PM, memoak said:

I believe that within 6 months those areas requiring tests will accept proof of vaccination 

Bahamas is up to date on this already.  US is not.

Edited by LeeW
fix

8 hours ago, Travlin grrl said:

The anti-vaxxers who buy and carry around fake cards complicates matters, hence the requirement for a test.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

The anti-vaxxers who buy and carry around fake cards complicates matters, hence the requirement for a test.

Fake cards are a violation of federal law. Does anyone  want to take that risk just to take a cruise ?

Just now, memoak said:

Fake cards are a violation of federal law. Does anyone  want to take that risk just to take a cruise ?

Why would folks buy fake cards if they didn't plan to use them?

If they are selfish enough to buy one, they will be selfish enough to take a cruise with one.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 6:26 PM, wowzz said:

Doesn't work like that- you can be vaccinated, but still be infected,  and therefore possibly infect others. However,  if those around you gave been vaccinated,  the chances of transmission are drastically reduced.

You can still be infected, but the NIH published some preliminary results from 30 University studies that suggest vaccinated people do not carry a high enough viral load to pass the virus on to others.  That is also why vaccinated people are mostly asymptomatic if they do get infected, which is also a very low occurrence.  DoD is now on board and has said fully vaccinated people can be in DoD buildings without a mask.

Edited by USCcruisecrazy