Iona arrival

jasperado

11 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Would have been nice if they had done a quick (didnt have to be an in depth tour ) just maybe show some cabins for more then a micro second - quick butchers at some other big features of Iona 

I agree. I didn't mind the show portion of the event - it is what it is, but I'd have hoped they would have had something showing her off a bit more. It was the perfect occasion to do it, and all we got was 'blink and ye missed it;' clips.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Sky News just interviewed the Captain on deck, so hopeful that videos will start to be released.

They also interviewed Paul Ludlow and the presenter introduced him as being on Iona, P&O's newest ferry🤔🛳️

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

They also interviewed Paul Ludlow and the presenter introduced him as being on Iona, P&O's newest ferry🤔🛳️

Usual high standards from Sky News then.

I believe they also ran a story on their website last year refering to P&O Cruises as operating ferries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I think it says it all of the poor news media and journalism we are suffering in the UK at the moment. The presenter should be embarrassed at such unprofessionalism.

Some years ago we were in a Thomas Cook charter to Barbados. On behalf of P&O ferries welcome aboard this Thomas Cook flight to Barbados. At first he didn't get why all his passengers were laughing🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2021 at 9:43 PM, cruisefan2012 said:

you didnt miss much to be honest 

Micah Paris (Who...and some kids sang) and some bloke called Gary Barlow "sang".... - thank god for the mute button on my laptop

We saw Paul Ludlow, Captain Wesley Dunlop, and Dame Irene Hays - Event hosted by Jo Whiley

Luckily and thankfully the bottle smashed against the hull 

Those young musicians and children in the choir and their families from around the commonwealth must appreciate your kind words sooooo much.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 10:03 AM, Ardennais said:

As my husband said, there was a better show when they opened the local public toilets!

We have never been invited to such a prestigious event as the opening of the toilets🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Those young musicians and children in the choir and their families from around the commonwealth must appreciate your kind words sooooo much.

They were the best bit imho...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

Thank You! I’ve been waiting for real pictures.  She looks Stunning.

perhaps you should start a new thread so this gets seen.

Done, thank you.

Also Iona is scheduled to leave Southampton tonight at 8pm, so Solent Ships channel would be a good place to watch her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Done, thank you.

Also Iona is scheduled to leave Southampton tonight at 8pm, so Solent Ships channel would be a good place to watch her.

Thanks for mentioning Solent Ships when Iona arrived, I subscribed. 

Last Thursday we went to the Docks to see Iona, and MSC Off on her maiden voyage, was great watching the Solent Ships live commentary.  Can’t wait to watch Britannia on the 27th when I am onboard.  

• Like 2