MARDI GRAS Delayed till August

On 5/24/2021 at 11:37 AM, HaveWeMetYet said:

NCL announced today they will resume from the US August 7. 

Looks like the first weekend in August will be the Grand Reopening for cruises from US ports.

Well now, this post didn't age well.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

How so? I think it may end up to be accurate.  I am considering everything that happens in June and July to be pilot programs, testing the waters, as it were. Assuming all goes well with these cautious first steps, I do think early August may see the industry move from just a few ships carrying passengers with various special conditions, to a resumption of service on a more significant number of vessels with relatively full manifests and operating close to what will become the new normal.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

How so? I think it may end up to be accurate.  I am considering everything that happens in June and July to be pilot programs, testing the waters, as it were. Assuming all goes well with these cautious first steps, I do think early August may see the industry move from just a few ships carrying passengers with various special conditions, to a resumption of service on a more significant number of vessels with relatively full manifests and operating close to what will become the new normal.

Indeed, I think the June/July activities are more like a soft opening, with the Grand Re-opening planned for August.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Indeed, I think the June/July activities are more like a soft opening, with the Grand Re-opening planned for August.

Most people are thinking the celebrity cruises set to resume in june is because they have fewer children and going the 95% vax pax route. Carnival and rcl playing the price to have children and going the non vax route. That it shows how much extra time it takes to set up for unvaxxed cruises.

First regular cruise I know of is celebrity 7 day june date, out of ft Lauderdale. Yea. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 11:03 AM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. – Carnival Cruise Line’s newest and largest ship, the Mardi Gras, will be arriving at Port Canaveral on June 4, in preparation for its first sailing with passengers.

But it appears that a Mardi Gras cruise with passengers won’t happen until August — at the earliest, according to News 6 partners Florida Today.

Carnival says it hopes to resume sailing in July on three or four ships from U.S. ports after being idled by the coronavirus pandemic in this country since March 2020. But the Mardi Gras and Port Canaveral are not in those plans.

All other Carnival sailings from U.S. ports are canceled through July 30. Carnival said customers whose cruises are canceled are eligible for a future cruise credit and an onboard credit — or a full refund.

On 5/25/2021 at 1:30 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Again. In Florida no company doing business in Florida (Cruise lines included) are not allowed to ask if you have been or not been vaccinated or face a $5,000.00 fine for each incident.

False...Celebrity just got approval from the CDC to start cruising end of june from Ft lauderdale...95 percent of all passengers must be vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silversneakers said:

Cruising in U.S. waters can officially resume in June.

The first large cruise ship has been approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to sail in June. Celebrity Cruises, a subsidiary Royal Caribbean Group, is the first cruise line to receive approval to sail one of its ships with paying passengers on board.

The Celebrity Edge will depart on a seven night cruise from Fort Lauderdale on June 26 sailing to the Caribbean. 

"SOMEDAY IS HERE," Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, CEO of Celebrity Cruises, said on Twitter on Wednesday, announcing the resumption of cruising on the Edge.

Sorry silversneakers...didnt mean to quote your post...i know you were referring to Mardi Gras (of which we are sailing august 28 :))

Edited by bingomamma19
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

False...Celebrity just got approval from the CDC to start cruising end of june from Ft lauderdale...95 percent of all passengers must be vaccinated.

Not False. I said nothing about the CDC. It is a FLORIDA law. Look it up and read it before telling me what I said is false. It has not changed. So there is no way Royal can ask cruisers for proof of vaccinations in FLORIDA. If you can find where Florida WILL allow it. Please post it and where you found it.

9 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Not False. I said nothing about the CDC. It is a FLORIDA law. Look it up and read it before telling me what I said is false. It has not changed. So there is no way Royal can ask cruisers for proof of vaccinations in FLORIDA. If you can find where Florida WILL allow it. Please post it and where you found it.

Sure there is a way: they do it regardless of Desantis's law, and challenge the fines in court.

Or Florida will back down, after realizing what a lousy PR stunt it would be to keep fighting for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Sure there is a way: they do it regardless of Desantis's law, and challenge the fines in court.

Or Florida will back down, after realizing what a lousy PR stunt it would be to keep fighting for it.

ALL the crew should be vaccinated. That I think is a must. I personally do not see the need to check the passengers at all. If you are vaccinated, you are basically safe from catching it from anyone that is not vaccinated. However, if someone has it and passed it on to you. You can give it to someone who is not vaccinated. Those that are not vaccinated are taking a big chance. A 3- to 7 day cruise maybe ever a longer one. No one may show signs of any illness if caught onboard anyhow. That is why they are asking you to be tested after returning from a cruise. 

38 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

So you think Celebrity is ignorant of this and just going to sail out of Ft Lauderdale in June with REQUIRED 95 percent vaccinations????  LOL     It is obviously a Florida law that is not pertaining to cruise ships, since I dont believe Celebrity will be paying 5000 per passenger just to sail  LOL

Just now, bingomamma19 said:

So you think Celebrity is ignorant of this and just going to sail out of Ft Lauderdale in June with REQUIRED 95 percent vaccinations????  LOL     It is obviously a Florida law that is not pertaining to cruise ships, since I dont believe Celebrity will be paying 5000 per passenger just to sail  LOL

I do not appreciate you putting words in my mouth. Florida law DOES pertain to all cruise lines dong business in Florida.  Why would you even think differently. I am saying what the current law is. You say what ever you want. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I do not appreciate you putting words in my mouth. Florida law DOES pertain to all cruise lines dong business in Florida.  Why would you even think differently. I am saying what the current law is. You say what ever you want. 

"This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health."

This exception is broader than the EO and guidance from the CDC or any one of the ports is more than enough to allow the cruise lines to ask for proof of vaccination.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

"This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health."

This exception is broader than the EO and guidance from the CDC or any one of the ports is more than enough to allow the cruise lines to ask for proof of vaccination.

I think DeSantis is smarter than some people here are giving him credit for.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

So many have missed the point and blamed him for not allowing vaccine passports and think that is what is stopping them from cruising. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

nobody is putting words in your mouth...you seem a bit over sensitive.   I will just ignore you since you seem up tight  LOL

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bingomamma19 said:

I keep posting there is a work around for cruises that people pretending to be armchair lawyers are just political attacks on florida, not fact. .. but they keep on posting as if they are expert lawyers. 

Carnival wouldnt be saying they will restart in july out of miami if this law were the problem holding up cruising. .. but I agree the celebrity cruise in june further proof. I'm convinced some just hate Florida or its jealousy.

Hopefully common sense comes back to some of the haters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I was responding to the post that mentioned NCL starting soon.   Have you seen their list of cancellations?

3 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

Yes. Except here the law wasn't written by him and it was dead till they changed the wording from federal and state law to government issued guidance.  

3 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

Too many people think politicians are shooting at the hip at the first sign of the cheer of a crowd. Nearly all things you hear from a high-ranking official, such as a governor have been ran through many advisors, legal experts, etc before it hits the public. Sometimes they are wrong or are skating a line in order to win support, but there is a plan.

All high-ranking politicians are a lot smarter than most people give them credit for.

• Like 2