***CDC gives RCI GO AHEAD to start test cruises in July***

1 hour ago, boatseller said:

Not necessary.  There is no face covering requirement other than traveling out of or in to the United States.  Meaning 2-3 hours after departure and the night before arrival...when everyone is sleeping anyway.  And the honor system is working fine in the theme parks, no reason to treat the ship any different.

And no, I will not wear a wrist band.  It will probably clash with my outfit.

Agree, dont see Colored Wrist Bands happening. Yeah, sure, watch out don't get in Elevator with them. 

Just now, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, dont see Colored Wrist Bands happening. Yeah, sure, watch out don't get in Elevator with them. 

Well they could have one elevator for vaccinated and one for not!   Maybe different water fountains, too

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I wonder why NCL isn't doing test cruises...is it that they haven't been approved yet or are they skipping simulated cruises altogether and going for fully vaccinated cruises?  

Looking at their new cancellations today, including pulling their ship from Jamaica already, they are mostly waiting it out until November. 

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Good, because I'm not wearing some dirty wristband for a week. I can't wait to rip off the St. Maarten water taxi one at the end of the day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Put a code on the room key and have access only by room key on the elevators - just like hotels do for security. No vax = take the stairs.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Well they could have one elevator for vaccinated and one for not!   Maybe different water fountains, too

Get ready for a new cabin category - NV...........not vaccinated.............deck 2 just a short walk to the Medical facility.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

Put a code on the room key and have access only by room key on the elevators - just like hotels do for security. No vax = take the stairs.

Won't work. There is no way to control the stampede into the elevator when the door opens.

2 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Get ready for a new cabin category - NV...........not vaccinated.............deck 2 just a short walk to the Medical facility.

Never happen. 

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

NCL seems to be sticking to the 100% vaccinated route. No kids 

That makes sense that they are not doing test cruises then.  But I wonder about Carnival since they have more kids than any other line I think. 

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

That makes sense that they are not doing test cruises then.  But I wonder about Carnival since they have more kids than any other line I think. 

Carnival is doing test cruises and has no vaccination policy or expectation at all.

4 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

You're too funny! 🤣  Preferably close to the gangway -- that way when the NVs come down with CV19 they can dump them overboard first before disembarking the FVs (fully vaccinated). This way the NVs don't use the ramp and there's no co-mingling.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

You're too funny! 🤣  Preferably close to the gangway -- that way when the NVs come down with CV19 they can dump them overboard first before disembarking the FVs (fully vaccinated). This way the NVs don't use the ramp and there's no co-mingling.  

Exactly.................and we all need a sense of humor to get by all the BS.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There is free pratique language in the order that allows the CDC guidelines to apply to the duration of a cruise into or out of the US. 

Then I amend my prediction.  Early arrival and late departure from Nassau, Grand Bahama, Private Islands will satisfy the foreign port requirement.

If them meant it to cover the entire voyage, then yes, they are as linguistically illiterate as they are scientifically illiterate.

It also means they must defend their inconsistent guidance.  No one at the CDC probably never been on a cruise ship.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

So they've submitted their plans and waiting for approval for test cruises? 

yes, this article also discusses Carnival plan for Test Cruises out of Galveston (quotes Galveston Port Director).

https://www.travelmarketreport.com/Cruise/articles/Royal-Caribbean-Carnival-Cruise-Line-Move-Forward-with-Test-Cruise-Plans

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I wouldn't be surprised if these weren't blocked off as extra medical space in case something did happen. 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is the key. The CDC thinks, but doesn't know, about so many things. They pull numbers and mandates out of their butts and hope it either makes sense or that no one will notice that it doesn't.

But isn't the Freedom Test really a 2 day cruise? June 20 - 22

48 minutes ago, death_star said:

I wouldn't be surprised if these weren't blocked off as extra medical space in case something did happen. 

The conference rooms are often near the medical facilities 

• Like 2