Allure & Symphony Test Cruises Announced

1 minute ago, jp2746 said:

Question... so we are booked on Symphony July 24 and obviously it is not happening.  We have three rooms booked and I plan to Lift and Shift one of the reservations.  That reservation had the drink package at a pretty good price because of Black Friday.  If I Lift and Shift the cruise does the drink package Lift and Shift also?  If not I want to cancel now.  The last cruise I had booked it took forever to get my planner money back and I was on the phone multiple times where they said they didn't see any reservations for packages.  

No the drink package will not be shifted to the new cruise.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Question... so we are booked on Symphony July 24 and obviously it is not happening.  We have three rooms booked and I plan to Lift and Shift one of the reservations.  That reservation had the drink package at a pretty good price because of Black Friday.  If I Lift and Shift the cruise does the drink package Lift and Shift also?  If not I want to cancel now.  The last cruise I had booked it took forever to get my planner money back and I was on the phone multiple times where they said they didn't see any reservations for packages.  

Planner doesn't shift

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

If I Lift and Shift the cruise does the drink package Lift and Shift also? 

No, all planner purchases will be refunded. Don't assume L&S will be available with every cancelation going forward. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

No, all planner purchases will be refunded. Don't assume L&S will be available with every cancelation going forward. 

Yes, I am not counting on Lift and Shift.  The room I want to Lift and Shift is from a previous cruise last year that was canceled and we moved it to this year.  I got a great deal and paid with points so I would rather not get a refund.  But... it is better than a FCC.  

47 minutes ago, Tweety63 said:

We are scheduled on the Allure July 25 also…..was really holding out hope🤞🏼

We’re on the same sailing. I’m hoping we can just move over to Odyssey

Edited by caitlynambrai

Dear Guest,

We’ve been diligently working on our Royal Comeback - and it’s starting to shape up. It’s taken months of planning and coordinating and we’re still finalizing new homeports and communicating with local governments and authorities to ensure our new protocols maintain your safety and wellbeing.

As we continue down this path, we’ve decided to extend our suspension of some sailings through August 31, 2021. As a result, your sailing will unfortunately be cancelled.

I got the email today- surprised they canceled Aug also!

21 minutes ago, TLG40 said:

Dear Guest,

We’ve been diligently working on our Royal Comeback - and it’s starting to shape up. It’s taken months of planning and coordinating and we’re still finalizing new homeports and communicating with local governments and authorities to ensure our new protocols maintain your safety and wellbeing.

As we continue down this path, we’ve decided to extend our suspension of some sailings through August 31, 2021. As a result, your sailing will unfortunately be cancelled.

I got the email today- surprised they canceled Aug also!

Still you already paid final, so they got you just the same.........

9 hours ago, molly361 said:

No the drink package will not be shifted to the new cruise.

I am assuming that the drink package I booked for the Indy will be shifted over to the Odyssey that they just moved us to today for August.

5 hours ago, caitlynambrai said:

We’re on the same sailing. I’m hoping we can just move over to Odyssey

We booked the Brilliance for this summer.  They moved us to the Indy a while back when they moved ships around.  Today they moved us to the Odyssey for August.  Now we just pray we get our 2nd doses, the border to Canada opens, and nothing else comes up that stops our August cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

I am assuming that the drink package I booked for the Indy will be shifted over to the Odyssey that they just moved us to today for August.

No, your cruise planner purchases will not transfer.  They will be refunded to the original form of payment and you will have to repurchase at the prevailing rates.

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

No, your cruise planner purchases will not transfer.  They will be refunded to the original form of payment and you will have to repurchase at the prevailing rates.

If that is true, then that is too bad.  Only loss will be is if I do not like the prevailing rate, then I will not bother rebooking the purchases and RCCL will just lose out on my money.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 8:43 PM, RFerrington said:

That sailing is back up on Cruising Power so hopefully that means it will sail.

The 8/21 Symphony has officially been changed to a Eastern Caribbean sailing from the Southern.  I wonder if there are issues with the ports in the south and as a result they had to change the itinerary.

10 minutes ago, Kalousdi said:

The 8/21 Symphony has officially been changed to a Eastern Caribbean sailing from the Southern.  I wonder if there are issues with the ports in the south and as a result they had to change the itinerary.

I'm on this sailing. Yes, I'm happy the ship will sail but I booked this specifically for the ABC islands. So there's a slight disappointment with the news.

• Like 1

Yes I agree, I think a lot booked it as it is doing an 8 day southern.  We had an eastern changed 2 years ago due to Dorian so we are actually okay with the change. The planner and booking site should be updated soon.  

43 minutes ago, Kalousdi said:

That is my guess.