Allure & Symphony Test Cruises Announced

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I presume the restricted voyages are the 95% vaccinated cruises.

yes, Celebrity will be sailing with adults fully vaccinated and those 16 and under unvaccinated must get tested before boarding then august 1st drops to age 12 and under must get tested.    

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hopefully we will start to see other ports - such as Cape Liberty and Baltimore doing test cruises.  My next booking is for Oasis end of September out of cape liberty.    I really really hope it's a go.

I think you got a shot, much better then anyone sailing out of Florida that's for sure.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, stacieg1011 said:

So what are the chances of me cruising on Symphony August 14th?

No one knows for sure, but I would guess that this would be the first cruise after the test sailing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

yes, Celebrity will be sailing with adults fully vaccinated and those 16 and under unvaccinated must get tested before boarding then august 1st drops to age 12 and under must get tested.    

Exactly the same protocol as RCL, it’s just that X caters to fewer children. 

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hopefully we will start to see other ports - such as Cape Liberty and Baltimore doing test cruises.  My next booking is for Oasis end of September out of cape liberty.    I really really hope it's a go.

I read something on CC about Cape Liberty & Oasis.  They said the cruises in October will be cruising with 95% vaccinated.  My cruise is Oct. 17, 2021.   However, it seems all everyone wants to talk about is FL.  I'm feeling more comfortable about making my final payment in July but there is always a concern about it actually going.  Thankfully, we don't have to worry about flights.  We are driving.  I wonder about any changes in the parking situation.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

What about test cruises in Seattle for all the Alaska cruises?  I guess some of those early ones may be canceled too if we don't hear about test cruises up there.

I think all of the cruises out of Seattle have to be at least 95% vaccinated passengers. It is a state requirement. No test cruises required. 

3 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

I think all of the cruises out of Seattle have to be at least 95% vaccinated passengers. It is a state requirement. No test cruises required. 

Might be hard to hit those numbers though.

Why test cruise in Galveston and talk about test cruises in Cape Liberty, why are they different?

Edited by Jimbo

Recipe for disaster without cruiseships having test cruises to train.

American cruisers are harder to deal with, much different then cruisers from other countries that are sailing now.

Edited by Jimbo

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Recipe for disaster without cruiseships having test cruises to train.

American cruisers are harder to deal with, much different then cruisers from other countries that are sailing now.

I don’t disagree that American cruisers are different.  I think that the theory is with “fully vaccinated” sailings protocols won’t apply so test cruises are less of an issue. I see trouble anyway with mixed cruises no matter how many times they test things. We’ll see. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Why test cruise in Galveston and talk about test cruises in Cape Liberty, why are they different?

Doesn’t Texas have a similar law as Florida on businesses can’t require a person to be vaccinated? 

The entire concept of the test cruises/non vaccinated adults just seems a recipe for disaster and will just set the industry back even further if there are any issues….

17 hours ago, MrK1ttens said:

We’re supposed to be on the Symphony on Aug 7. Chances are low I suppose now that we’ll be going. I’d really appreciate it if they would just cancel on us so I can make separate plans. 

We’re supposed to be on that sailing too. I really don’t see them getting approval from the CDC soon enough for us to go out on the 7th. I wish they would just cancel so that I can see if they are allowing us to shift to next year. 

7 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Doesn’t Texas have a similar law as Florida on businesses can’t require a person to be vaccinated? 

The entire concept of the test cruises/non vaccinated adults just seems a recipe for disaster and will just set the industry back even further if there are any issues….

Texas law only applies to state government agencies and businesses accepting state funding. 

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I dont think alaska sailings have as many children under age 12 onboard so they should be able to reach 95% vaccinated without any issue.  Now they have to, so anyone booking knows that.

I assume the logic is this special bill got approved so lets start sailing asap since there is such a small window of when you can sail alaska.

I think they will do much better than mixed cruises. They will probably have a lot less restrictions than mixed cruises may have.

10 hours ago, harkinmr said:

I believe most of the lines have said if you’re not vaccinated you’re not going. Even Carnival!

when i booked that is exactly what it said, no exception for any reason, if not vaccinated you can not sail

Question... so we are booked on Symphony July 24 and obviously it is not happening.  We have three rooms booked and I plan to Lift and Shift one of the reservations.  That reservation had the drink package at a pretty good price because of Black Friday.  If I Lift and Shift the cruise does the drink package Lift and Shift also?  If not I want to cancel now.  The last cruise I had booked it took forever to get my planner money back and I was on the phone multiple times where they said they didn't see any reservations for packages.