Hear comes the ship into Port Odyssey Of The Seas (Right Now)

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Huge turnin basin in PC

Thanks for the picture, that is way bigger than I thought it was. Sometimes the webcam can be deceiving on actual distance. The overhead satellite view with the ship in it really shows how big it really is.

Edited by Sea Dog

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for the picture, that is way bigger than I thought it was. Sometimes the webcam can be deceiving on actual distance. The overhead satellite view with the ship in it really shows how big it really is.

Agree. Just just looking at a before/after how much Channel/Port areas were widened. Haven't Cruised from here myself in 20yrs. Remember turning in here and smaller Ports, always seemed tight from shore or onboard, when looking down on it from above Satellite/Drone not so much...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree. Just just looking at a before/after how much Channel/Port areas were widened. Haven't Cruised from here myself in 20yrs. Remember turning in here and smaller Ports, always seemed tight from shore or onboard, when looking down on it from above Satellite/Drone not so much...

Just watched a nice camera pan from the Port Canaveral webcam. I now see where the turning basin is in relation to the camera. There is a lot more room than I thought. PC is plenty big to handle those big sizes and plenty of them. Learn something new everyday. Thanks again @John&LaLa for the pictures to clarify how big PC really is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just watched a nice camera pan from the Port Canaveral webcam. I now see where the turning basin is in relation to the camera. There is a lot more room than I thought. PC is plenty big to handle those big sizes and plenty of them. Learn something new everyday. Thanks again @John&LaLa for the pictures to clarify how big PC really is.

Why need a turning basin anyway.............They could have backed that ship in there from 5 miles away or better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, logan25 said:

You would think each cruise line would want all the attention on their special day.  Sorta like two weddings on one day.

@John&LaLasaid it was because mardi gras will be home porting from here. The rcl ship is coming in for vaccinations then going to leave. 

This was a pretty amazing video all things considered, 5 minutes in is the Odyssey going by the Mardi Gras, 59 minutes near the end you get the Disney Fantasy passing by doing its horns.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I love watching the Oasis class do the turnaround in the Miami basin. It looks tighter on the webcam than it probably is but I'm sure those cars on the bridge do a double take when they see a huge ship coming straight for them. Port Canaveral has the room but I'm sure Odyssey took up most of the channel in her turn around.

There is another perspective that live streams on YouTube that gives a better vantage point IMO. A few days ago it had a clear shot of a tiny 20ish foot pontoon boat trying to cut off Explorer as it completed the turn. Absolute stupidity. 

Edited by paulh84
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

tiny 20ish foot pontoon boat trying to cut off Explorer as it completed the turn. Absolute stupidity. 

Yeah I think we know who would win that battle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, atricks said:

This was a pretty amazing video all things considered, 5 minutes in is the Odyssey going by the Mardi Gras, 59 minutes near the end you get the Disney Fantasy passing by doing its horns.

Thanks so much for posting this video, loved it!

9 hours ago, atricks said:

Thanks for posting the video. 

4 hours ago, coldflame said:

hah, figured it out. I have a really paranoid ad-blocker. Disabling in this page fixed it.

Same thing happened to me. I use Chrome and the latest update had that ad blocker and I had to turn it off.