Will Cruise Prices Drop

48 minutes ago, BVILady said:

Goodtime Cruizin, I am not going to argue with you, my contract reads:

"Costa reserves the right to reinstate the fuel supplement for all Guests up to $9 per person / per day, should the price of the light sweet crude oil according tothe NYMESX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) increase above $70 per barrel"

so for 128 days that will be up to $ 1152.00, so I will be able to live with it. Just hadn't worked it out previously.

Not sure whether Princess has any clause similar to that one. I have not been to good reading the small-print in the past, but right now what else do I have to do then wait for my next cruise.

Per my TA's cruise contract....

FUEL SUPPLEMENT
Cruise lines reserve the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all passengers if the New York Mercantile Exchange Index Oil prices exceed $65-$70 per barrel, even if a booking is paid in full or deposited. Surcharges are determined by the cruise line and range from $9-$12 a day, however this amount can change per cruise line. Cruises-XXX XXXX - will not add these fees unless the cruise line re-enacts the supplement. Please note, Cunard currently charges a fuel supplement and this fee is included in your invoice and subject to change.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

Do you think Cruise Prices will Drop with all the people on here claiming their cancelling their cruises since RC will allow non Vaxer's to cruise?  I really hope so as I need to book more cruises!

Nope, for every person that is unhappy about Royals choice there are probably three or more that are happy about it. I live in Florida and it seems like most people here are happy about Royals decision. A lot of cruisers down here are talking about booking Royal. Hopefully prices drop but I do not see it anytime soon. hopefully I'm wrong on that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Per my TA's cruise contract....

FUEL SUPPLEMENT
Cruise lines reserve the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all passengers if the New York Mercantile Exchange Index Oil prices exceed $65-$70 per barrel, even if a booking is paid in full or deposited. Surcharges are determined by the cruise line and range from $9-$12 a day, however this amount can change per cruise line. Cruises-XXX XXXX - will not add these fees unless the cruise line re-enacts the supplement. Please note, Cunard currently charges a fuel supplement and this fee is included in your invoice and subject to change.

Isn't wonderful how the cruiseline always holds all he cards and leaves you playing with nothing !

And they add all this crap after final payment too.

And might I add they have been sitting on fuel that they bought 15 months ago and didn't use.........What a crock of BS !

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LEMJMcC said:

Checked the fares for our two upcoming cruises...looks like the current fares on the RCI website for the same type of room on the same deck for the same cruises are a bit cheaper: $169 less for one and $200 for the other.  I'm on hold with RCI to lock in the lower fares...

I'll keep checking as the weeks pass to try to keep getting better fares...

Royal has had the opportunity to activate that clause in past and didn’t do it. I do recall they attempted to once, but got heavy backlash and backed off

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Isn't wonderful how the cruiseline always holds all he cards and leaves you playing with nothing !

And they add all this crap after final payment too.

And might I add they have been sitting on fuel that they bought 15 months ago and didn't use.........What a crock of BS !

Those futures may have expired, and they've definitely burned fuel throughout the shutdown

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Those futures may have expired, and they've definitely burned fuel throughout the shutdown

Not burning that much when just sitting around, no where near as much as if they were all sailing 24/7.

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I just finished checking all my future cruise prices. All are still higher than when I purchased them.  Some a little, some a lot but definitely no price drops.  Apparently all these folks who are planning on cancelling haven't. been able to get through yet.  Looking forward to my price drops.

The only price drop I have had was my Odyssey Holy Land cruise for 2022.  It dropped about $1000 when they pulled the O out of Israel this year.  I still haven’t quite figured out the logic, and I am an economist.  I guess, people started cancelling those sailings because of the rockets this year.  Apparently, there are people who are so clueless that they didn’t realize Israel is located in a dangerous neighborhood.  

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Royal has had the opportunity to activate that clause in past and didn’t do it. I do recall they attempted to once, but got heavy backlash and backed off

Yes, I remember wondering if they would take action on it and they never did.

45 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

The only price drop I have had was my Odyssey Holy Land cruise for 2022.  It dropped about $1000 when they pulled the O out of Israel this year.  I still haven’t quite figured out the logic, and I am an economist.  I guess, people started cancelling those sailings because of the rockets this year.  Apparently, there are people who are so clueless that they didn’t realize Israel is located in a dangerous neighborhood.  

Yeah I'd be surprised about that as well.  Good for you saving $1000.

13 hours ago, bouhunter said:

No one here would have a clue what cruise prices will do in the future.  

True, but we can speculate that as more ships come on line, Including all of RCL, Carnival, X, NCL, etc, the sheer number of births available will put tons of pressure for lowering prices..

Eddie