Will Cruise Prices Drop

15 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Do you think Cruise Prices will Drop with all the people on here claiming their cancelling their cruises since RC will allow non Vaxer's to cruise?  I really hope so as I need to book more cruises!

That would only make sense.  Supply and demand is a very simple concept.  I'm looking forward to lots of price drops on all the future cruises that I have booked.  Hopefully enough that I can add one more to the roster. 😉 

• Like 6

If ships were traveling full I could see dropping prices, but with reduced passengers loads I don't see them reducing prices to at least 6 months from now at the earliest.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

Supply and demand will determine it. CC did a poll of readers a few months ago and 81% said they would cruise if vaccination was required. The vocal minority are loudly stating their cancelations. 

I thought it was the other way around? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

I'm sorry that was what I thought it was. I misread your post thinking you said 81% would cancel if vaccine was required.  I'm only on my first coffee.  It's only 7:20 in the morning here 😞 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That would only make sense.  Supply and demand is a very simple concept.  I'm looking forward to lots of price drops on all the future cruises that I have booked.  Hopefully enough that I can add one more to the roster. 😉 

Really I'm being facetious I don't expect or believe there will be and mass wave of cancellations that isn't made up for by a larger wave of purchases.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Idk but carnival started june 1st with very low solo prices. There were some cheapie deals on what used to be solo cabins. Still some deals but cabins being picked over. My guess is people are already cancelling. I gave in and added the cheapie 5 day and got the drinks included package. If rcl has even better deals I'm ready to book another.

Prices went way way up but june 1st had solo deals and some others..but already picked over and some gone. I think prices could drop, but people like me will scoop them up.

• Like 2

I just finished checking all my future cruise prices. All are still higher than when I purchased them.  Some a little, some a lot but definitely no price drops.  Apparently all these folks who are planning on cancelling haven't. been able to get through yet.  Looking forward to my price drops.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I just finished checking all my future cruise prices. All are still higher than when I purchased them.  Some a little, some a lot but definitely no price drops.  Apparently all these folks who are planning on cancelling haven't. been able to get through yet.  Looking forward to my price drops.

Ditto.  We really got great deals last year.  We even got a GS using our Pinnacle free cruise.  Can't wait to use it in September.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

If ships were traveling full I could see dropping prices, but with reduced passengers loads I don't see them reducing prices to at least 6 months from now at the earliest.

If the ships sailing full, why would they drop prices?? Supply and demand.

• Like 1

My opinion only, but I do not see cruise dropping in price for 2022. If anything, there are alot of folks sitting on the sidelines waiting to see what happens w/ cruises, vaccines, and masks. Once all that dust settles in, the pent up demand will break loose and there will be a huge run on cruises. Keep in mind all of the L&S, FCCs etc out there waiting to be used. By 2023 those will be out of play. So things will start to stablize. I'm very interested to see what the prices will be at when they begin to announce 2023 sail dates. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

If the ships sailing full, why would they drop prices?? Supply and demand.

I believe they mean if the cruise intends to book full capacity, but has rooms unbooked as the sail date approaches.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

My opinion only, but I do not see cruise dropping in price for 2022. If anything, there are alot of folks sitting on the sidelines waiting to see what happens w/ cruises, vaccines, and masks. Once all that dust settles in, the pent up demand will break loose and there will be a huge run on cruises. Keep in mind all of the L&S, FCCs etc out there waiting to be used. By 2023 those will be out of play. So things will start to stablize. I'm very interested to see what the prices will be at when they begin to announce 2023 sail dates. 

Yes this is me exactly, I'm waiting to see where the chips fall before booking. The issues of vaccines, masks, politics etc will get straightened out eventually, but price is actually my biggest concern for the future.

10 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I think RC is hoping that many people just forget about their FCC's!  I know prior to COVID many people never used them.  

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Especially with a massive supply of FCC's

• Like 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Especially with a massive supply of FCC's

Exactly. We have 8 but I can assure you, everyone of them will be used.  My husband might not like it but heck, someone has to take a few cruises for the team.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MacMarauder said:

Yes this is me exactly, I'm waiting to see where the chips fall before booking. The issues of vaccines, masks, politics etc will get straightened out eventually, but price is actually my biggest concern for the future.

It was our concern as well. We cancelled a July 2021 cruise this past Jan as we did not think it would go, so we re-booked a very similar cruise for Aug 2022. Allowing things to settle. The July 2021 cruise was officially canclled just before Memorial Day and today, the Aug 2022 cruise has already doubled in price. Prices continue to up, up, & up. I see no let down for some time going forward. 

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It was our concern as well. We cancelled a July 2021 cruise this past Jan as we did not think it would go, so we re-booked a very similar cruise for Aug 2022. Allowing things to settle. The July 2021 cruise was officially canclled just before Memorial Day and today, the Aug 2022 cruise has already doubled in price. Prices continue to up, up, & up. I see no let down for some time going forward. 

in my humble opinion prices will go up, the price for oil has reached $ 70.00 per barrel already and lot's of people are waiting to book until they know what the mandates are going to be. I am booked on a Costa Cruise where the small print reads that if the price of oil reaches $ 70.00 per barrel the price will go up. So I am sitting here waiting to see how much more my good deal will end up costing me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BVILady said:

in my humble opinion prices will go up, the price for oil has reached $ 70.00 per barrel already and lot's of people are waiting to book until they know what the mandates are going to be. I am booked on a Costa Cruise where the small print reads that if the price of oil reaches $ 70.00 per barrel the price will go up. So I am sitting here waiting to see how much more my good deal will end up costing me.

The oil prices will have an effect but not at $70. Most cruises we've been on the oil prices were hifgher than $70. The world is starting to wake up and get going again as a result the usage worldwide is going back up too. Ships were sitting idle barely moving when oil dropped so cheap.  

• Like 1

Goodtime Cruizin, I am not going to argue with you, my contract reads:

"Costa reserves the right to reinstate the fuel supplement for all Guests up to $9 per person / per day, should the price of the light sweet crude oil according tothe NYMESX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) increase above $70 per barrel"

so for 128 days that will be up to $ 1152.00, so I will be able to live with it. Just hadn't worked it out previously.

Not sure whether Princess has any clause similar to that one. I have not been to good reading the small-print in the past, but right now what else do I have to do then wait for my next cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Checked the fares for our two upcoming cruises...looks like the current fares on the RCI website for the same type of room on the same deck for the same cruises are a bit cheaper: $169 less for one and $200 for the other.  I'm on hold with RCI to lock in the lower fares...

I'll keep checking as the weeks pass to try to keep getting better fares...

• Like 1