Outcome of Celebrity Millennium Covid 19 cases

trtog7

There has been much talk about the 2 cases on the cruise, wondering about whether the 2 had lied about their vaccine status and the fact that everyone on board tested negative at the time

I would like to know if anybody else tests positive in the next 2 weeks.

• Like 2

Celebrity can't get those folks off the ship fast enough.  St. Martin wants them off their island, the sooner the better.

I'm hoping and thinking that Celebrity will put much effort into verifying vaccinations for those two, because it would be good for all of us if they faked it.  But I can't imagine any reason why Celebrity would want to follow up on the other passengers.  Nothing but bad could possibly come from it.  They've already been able to convince the media that no one else got it.

4 hours ago, jtwind said:

Celebrity can't get those folks off the ship fast enough.  St. Martin wants them off their island, the sooner the better.

I thought they were already off the ship and flown home in a chartered plane? God only knows where I read it, there have been so many threads.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

That, of course, will be a determining factor in deciding what % of passengers on a ship should be vaccinated.

50 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

I am confident that Celebrity will do the utmost to paper over any mistakes that they made during the cruise or any failures in their protocols.

DON

If an investigation reveals that those guests lied about their vaccination status, there ought to be a most severe penalty assessed.  I'll suggest banishment from cruising on any cruise line in the future.  Airlines have "no fly" lists.  No reason why cruise lines can't have "no sail" lists.  

Maybe the best of this situation will be a realization that 100% of the guests and crew must be fully vaccinated and have demonstrable proof of that condition.  No "if" and no "ors".  Yes, I understand what I am saying.  There will be many, many families whose children are not able to be vaccinated.  Yet.  That prevents those families from cruising and will surely have a negative impact on Disney Cruise Line.  This situation will change, I am confident.  When?  My crystal ball remains foggy as it has been for months.  Just my opinion, but I think that this is the best that can be done by the cruise lines for now.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AdoraBelle said:

I thought they were already off the ship and flown home in a chartered plane? God only knows where I read it, there have been so many threads.

They are off the ship......actually everyone is now. The cruise disembarked St Martin yesterday and from what someone posted on the Celebrity board, they were flown off in that chartered plane (earlier in the week).

13 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Hopefully this gets merged into one of the other threads on the topic. Easier to follow, and will declutter the board a bit.

No, just let this negative stupidity die out without cluttering up other threads. Those who want a 100% guarantee they will not be exposed to a positive case had better just confine themselves to their bedrooms—alone.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, trtog7 said:

There has been much talk about the 2 cases on the cruise, wondering about whether the 2 had lied about their vaccine status and the fact that everyone on board tested negative at the time

I would like to know if anybody else tests positive in the next 2 weeks.

These are two key questions.  We may not get the answer to either of them, but Celebrity's rep would go up in my eyes if they did.

19 hours ago, jtwind said:

What I heard about what happened to those two is that they were isolated on their trip back to St. Maarten, disembarked, put into a hotel on the island overnight, then shipped out on a private medical plane the next morning.  Meanwhile, the ship did its turnaround and went out the same day.  It should be in Barbados any time now.

42 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

These are two key questions.  We may not get the answer to either of them, but Celebrity's rep would go up in my eyes if they did.

Even though the bottom line was that the protocols worked to prevent a spread as they were intended to, I don't think Celebrity, or in fact the entire cruise industry as a whole, wants this story to stay in the news. I would not hold my breath waiting for any follow up information from Celebrity.

• Like 1