Double points for passengers added after June?

I have a two bedroom suite and so far we're only using the one bedroom.  If I add passengers after June, will they be included in the double points promo?  The cruise is booked and will sail before October '22.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I have a two bedroom suite and so far we're only using the one bedroom.  If I add passengers after June, will they be included in the double points promo?  The cruise is booked and will sail before October '22.

Thanks

My understanding is that the double points go with the initial reservation. If you’re sharing the rooms with unrelated people, I believe they also get the points posted to their C&A account. I don’t remember seeing anything in the T&C’s for the DPP that says all the beds have to be filled by June 30.

Not sure but my guess would be yes.  I was also wondering if you upgrade yourself after June 1 to a suite would you get those double points.  Also guessing the answer would be yes they just go by the booking date.  Hoping it gets extended thru the end of 2022

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Not sure but my guess would be yes.  I was also wondering if you upgrade yourself after June 1 to a suite would you get those double points.  Also guessing the answer would be yes they just go by the booking date.  Hoping it gets extended thru the end of 2022

I was wondering the same thing! I have two cruises that I would like to upgrade, but the price is high right now.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Hoping it gets extended thru the end of 2022

That would be nice but I doubt you will see any further extensions especially since sailing I’d beginning to resume. The only extension that I could possibly see is the book by date being extended.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Can't recall the period that it covers and the specifics.  Can someone educate me.

Book by June 30, 2021 and sail by Sept 30, 2022

Double whatever the number of points you would have normally received.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Also guessing the answer would be yes they just go by the booking date

I seem to recall reading something that your C&A number had to be attached to the reservation by June 30.  If true then this would exclude guests added after June 30 from getting double points. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, soremekun said:

If you're asking if I'm willing to share your two bedroom suite, my answer is yes.  

I'm going to put you on the wait list.  It's getting old just paying for family.  Time to share the joy!  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I seem to recall reading something that your C&A number had to be attached to the reservation by June 30.  If true then this would exclude guests added after June 30 from getting double points. 

Thanks.  This was my concern.  I'm not too worried though.  It would be nice to see my guests get the extra points though.  Most of them are low in the C&A tiers.  

Are the points that big of deal? I don't get some people on here that are so excited about double points. You are spending thousands of dollars, what's an extra free drink a day really mean. If you want a drink, just buy it.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Are the points that big of deal? I don't get some people on here that are so excited about double points. You are spending thousands of dollars, what's an extra free drink a day really mean. If you want a drink, just buy it.

I know for us after we got to Diamond status and got free HH drinks we have saved hundreds each sailing on our bar bill😇🍹  And the balcony discount saves us $150 or $250 each sailing.  Maybe that is not a lot to you but it is to us

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

For some of us solo travelers, reaching  the 340 point mark, it means reduced supplement (150%) on some cruises. That means savings for some of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

The points are very valuable to some of us.  But the extra points/nights are not offered every day.  It's like a found gift.

On 6/19/2021 at 6:31 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Book by June 30, 2021 and sail by Sept 30, 2022

Double whatever the number of points you would have normally received.

Do you think you would get double points based on a suite if you upgrade your cabin to a JS or higher after June 30 on an existing booking?

On 6/20/2021 at 7:38 AM, Jimbo said:

Not for us really...We're D+ and very little chance we'll get to Pinnacle.

I wonder what would happen if you have a booking made before the end of June for 3 nights and then after June 30 change it to a 7 night cruise would you get the double points based on 7 nights?

The booking number would have to be the same...so changing it from a 3 to 7 how would that even work? Not sure it would.