Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

2 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Sorry if this has been answered before but 111 pages of a thread is a little too much to read.

Does anyone know what the B on a blue background, or G on a gold background on the guests picture means?

I guess it to mean your Princess Club level (or whatever it's called) but my wife and myself are the same level but I have a B and she has a G.

The letter is intended to indicate Loyalty Level, yes.  You don't mention which "same level" you both are, but if you have cruised previously with Princess, you might want to check now to find out why your reservation is showing you're a Blue / new cruiser.  A Blue cruiser will be issued a "new" Captain's Circle number, and it's easier to make sure your cruise history is being recorded accurately if you get this fixed before your cruise rather than after.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

I noticed Tedferg on post #2764 said about logging into a medallion website to get the app to work. Do you have to have to have your browser on this site all the time you are onboard to get app to work?

Someone else said, 'No' and I am not clear on how it works exactly but I did go to medallionclass.com each time and screen would come up, initially to redeem internet package or to upgrade the package you have. Subsequently it would initialize and on screen would be a button for 'Browse the Internet'. It is possible this step was redundant, but I do remember having a problem and then remembering to go to medallionclass.com.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Someone else said, 'No' and I am not clear on how it works exactly but I did go to medallionclass.com each time and screen would come up, initially to redeem internet package or to upgrade the package you have. Subsequently it would initialize and on screen would be a button for 'Browse the Internet'. It is possible this step was redundant, but I do remember having a problem and then remembering to go to medallionclass.com.

Just in case this isn't intuitively obvious to anyone else, when I went to the Internet Cafe to ask for help getting connected, I was told "you need to type logout.com to get to the log-in screen."  🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Sorry if this has been answered before but 111 pages of a thread is a little too much to read.

Does anyone know what the B on a blue background, or G on a gold background on the guests picture means?

I guess it to mean your Princess Club level (or whatever it's called) but my wife and myself are the same level but I have a B and she has a G.

It indeed is your Captain's Circle Membership Level.  You are not the first person to report having the wrong code associated.  You can call in to Princess and ask for that Dept.  You can write CustomerRelations@PrincessCruises.com.  Otherwise, you would have to wait until on board.  Since you are not Platinum or Elite, it doesn't really have an adverse impact on your booking, abilities, or ordering items.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It indeed is your Captain's Circle Membership Level.  You are not the first person to report having the wrong code associated.  You can call in to Princess and ask for that Dept.  You can write CustomerRelations@PrincessCruises.com.  Otherwise, you would have to wait until on board.  Since you are not Platinum or Elite, it doesn't really have an adverse impact on your booking, abilities, or ordering items.

Still don't know what B & G stand for. OP didn't not color, but "letters of the alphabet".

B could be blue for newbie, but G??? Green???

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Still don't know what B & G stand for. OP didn't not color, but "letters of the alphabet".

B could be blue for newbie, but G??? Green???

I stated the colour, see a section of my original post.

”Does anyone know what the B on a blue background, or G on a gold background on the guests picture means?”

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Mine first showed Elite (e) when we started back cruising. For our recent cruises it showed B. I reported it and nothing was done. Still got our correct Medallion and Elite was recognized on board. A couple of weeks ago my Husband's was showing Elite on new booking and mine still had B.

Then checked again after our recent cruise and now we are both B(blue first time cruisers) again.I give up on this ever being corrected.

58 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Mine first showed Elite (e) when we started back cruising. For our recent cruises it showed B. I reported it and nothing was done. Still got our correct Medallion and Elite was recognized on board. A couple of weeks ago my Husband's was showing Elite on new booking and mine still had B.

Then checked again after our recent cruise and now we are both B(blue first time cruisers) again.I give up on this ever being corrected.

I would be concerned if it kept me from booking dining as we Elites have access immediately upon having a deposit on a booking whereas Blues have to wait until FP Date (supposedly).

Anyone know where else you can get a bracelet for the medallion, apart from Princess as they only seem to have the plastic ones yet the picture to order accessories is a metal bracelet . I don’t fancy having something dangling around my neck when I am dressed up smart.

21 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Anyone know where else you can get a bracelet for the medallion, apart from Princess as they only seem to have the plastic ones yet the picture to order accessories is a metal bracelet . I don’t fancy having something dangling around my neck when I am dressed up smart.

I bought the metal bracelet on board the Enchanted Princess last month.  The Ocean Medallion desk has all the accessories available for purchase.  I waited until the line died down during the dinner hour - it was busy in the afternoon with passengers needing Medallion assistance - and the entire transaction took about 2 minutes.

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I bought the metal bracelet on board the Enchanted Princess last month.  The Ocean Medallion desk has all the accessories available for purchase.  I waited until the line died down during the dinner hour - it was busy in the afternoon with passengers needing Medallion assistance - and the entire transaction took about 2 minutes.

Oh thanks, how much was it please? Strange it isn’t on the app for ordering.

4 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Oh thanks, how much was it please? Strange it isn’t on the app for ordering.

It definitely used to be on the app.  It was either $54 or $56 on board and, since I purchased it onboard I was able to pay with non-refundable OBC.  I really like it and after that 10 day cruise I have an additional 35 days on Princess booked in the next year so I'll be getting my monies worth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

You might try Amazon.  We get our luggage tag holders and some other cruise related things there.  Pretty sure I saw some bracelets there.

• Like 1

This is a small FYI. I found the navigation on cabin TV to be a little counter intuitive. I expected the 'Back' and 'Home' buttons to work from any screen, but it seemed I had to back out and then go back over left to main categories. Not a biggy but might be helpful for first time users.

• Thanks 1

Our arrival time is now up so I’ve chosen that. All the things are now ticked and we are still in the Green Lane. Is that the Lane we are supposed to be in or is there a higher lane to enable faster boarding? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Our arrival time is now up so I’ve chosen that. All the things are now ticked and we are still in the Green Lane. Is that the Lane we are supposed to be in or is there a higher lane to enable faster boarding? 

That's the "no problems; ready to board' lane.  There is no higher.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, amajaa said:

You're green.  Don't touch anything!!  😀

• Like 4

How do you upload your security picture on the medallion app? I have tried both ways. When I try to upload a photograph it tells me 'unable to save, please try later.' When I try to take a photo directly from the app it just returns to the camera screen in a loop. 

Im guessing they can take a photo at the port if I just can't get it to work?        

• Like 1

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

I understand the Apple watch strap is same size and costs a lot less maybe someone knows more about this,