Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

3 hours ago, Kansas Gal said:

I have a smart phone, DH does not.  Will it cause problems at embarkation and on ship I have downloaded the app and he cannot?

You can login as either person on your phone.  That said, when you are logged in, you can toggle over to husband's info on many menus by tapping on his picture.  It is also best if you create bookings with your name first as primary if you are going to be the main contact, user of MC App, organizer, etc.

ETA:  On board, you can do most things on behalf of both of you.  If you are on the PLUS package, it may be a challenge to order two drinks at once for yourself as you want to share it as 1 drink each.  Many are reporting not a problem lately I think.  If you are apart, then the other person cannot be searched for using the App and obviously they cannot look for you. 

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

Having problems putting in my DH’s CC details on my kids’ cabin through the app. Does anyone know if it’s because the lead name for the cabin is different to the CC details? I’m sure we did this on a previous cruise with no problems. Any help appreciated. TIA.

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Having problems putting in my DH’s CC details on my kids’ cabin through the app. Does anyone know if it’s because the lead name for the cabin is different to the CC details? I’m sure we did this on a previous cruise with no problems. Any help appreciated. TIA.

The first listed name on a res should not make a difference.  Can you be more specific about what the problem is and the steps you have taken?

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The first listed name on a res should not make a difference.  Can you be more specific about what the problem is and the steps you have taken?

After we have entered all the card details on the ‘Payment Method’ screen, an error message appears stating they are ‘invalid card details’. We did exactly the same for our cabin on the app and it went through with no problems.

Ok.  After reading through most of the Medallion comments, my head is about to explode.

My TA thinks the whole idea is ridiculous, and after my first experience today, I have to agree.

Just for kicks I decided to see how far I could get on the Princess website.  I specifically wanted to try putting in my new Passport info since it has changed since we last sailed with P.  Got as far as my first name, and it asked me to put in a valid name.  I entered the name I have used since I was born - quite a while ago, so it made it easy for me to decide I had no reason to download the medallion anything.

I don't need waiters to locate me to bring me booze so unless there is something that I absolutely have to have, I plan to show up with our paperwork/ covid cards and passports at check-in.  Anyone care to convince me this is something that will make my life onboard a whole bunch better?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonikal said:

Ok.  After reading through most of the Medallion comments, my head is about to explode.

My TA thinks the whole idea is ridiculous, and after my first experience today, I have to agree.

Just for kicks I decided to see how far I could get on the Princess website.  I specifically wanted to try putting in my new Passport info since it has changed since we last sailed with P.  Got as far as my first name, and it asked me to put in a valid name.  I entered the name I have used since I was born - quite a while ago, so it made it easy for me to decide I had no reason to download the medallion anything.

I don't need waiters to locate me to bring me booze so unless there is something that I absolutely have to have, I plan to show up with our paperwork/ covid cards and passports at check-in.  Anyone care to convince me this is something that will make my life onboard a whole bunch better?

I doubt is is worth the effort to try and change your mind given your situation.  There is only one person I would assign the task to - John Padgett.  🤣

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, jonikal said:

... I plan to show up with our paperwork/ covid cards and passports at check-in.  Anyone care to convince me this is something that will make my life onboard a whole bunch better?

Showing up with our paperwork / covid cards and passports at check-in AND never trying to access the app made MY life onboard a whole bunch better on my last cruise two months ago, and that's exactly the same plan for the one next week.  😉 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Showing up with our paperwork / covid cards and passports at check-in AND never trying to access the app made MY life onboard a whole bunch better on my last cruise two months ago, and that's exactly the same plan for the one next week.  😉 

Good!  And if people have issues, they should just do the web version and take docs to the port. No reason to stress over this.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Good!  And if people have issues, they should just do the web version and take docs to the port. No reason to stress over this.  

DH has a problem using the web version...since an update on the web, he can't log in. The web site insists he's missing important info...like his name, address, DOB, etc. When we fill in the info, all that happens is (wait for it!!) nothing.

And the hits just keep on comin'.  I just logged in to DH's Princess.com account to update my records with his Future Cruise Deposit certificate numbers that we'd recently added.  As I started adding the numbers, I thought it was odd that they were the same as the ones I'd just added to my column.  I double-checked to make sure I was logged in under his account and hadn't accidentally gotten back into my own.  No, his name was on the Welcome Back line, all of the information under his Profile tab is his, all of the information under the Cruise History is his, but when I click on the tab for Circle Savings Account, THAT'S MY NAME at the top, my Captain's Circle number and my Future Cruise Deposit certificate numbers.  

I know I can go back into his emails and collect the data there, but the reason for my post is to find out if anyone else is experiencing this same glitch???

7 minutes ago, kamelia said:

And the hits just keep on comin'.  I just logged in to DH's Princess.com account to update my records with his Future Cruise Deposit certificate numbers that we'd recently added.  As I started adding the numbers, I thought it was odd that they were the same as the ones I'd just added to my column.  I double-checked to make sure I was logged in under his account and hadn't accidentally gotten back into my own.  No, his name was on the Welcome Back line, all of the information under his Profile tab is his, all of the information under the Cruise History is his, but when I click on the tab for Circle Savings Account, THAT'S MY NAME at the top, my Captain's Circle number and my Future Cruise Deposit certificate numbers.  

I know I can go back into his emails and collect the data there, but the reason for my post is to find out if anyone else is experiencing this same glitch???

Yes, I see what you’re saying. I noticed after the weekend update, the accounts and profiles seem to be interchanged.

The home button on both accounts show my name, the profiles have our own names.  I am able to access either, but it is odd. 

39 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

DH has a problem using the web version...since an update on the web, he can't log in. The web site insists he's missing important info...like his name, address, DOB, etc. When we fill in the info, all that happens is (wait for it!!) nothing.

This last website update seemed to update profiles and is strange.

Has anyone tried to change your password?  They changed the sign on supposedly.  

54 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Try changing your passwords on Princess.com.  It straightened out my account and DH.

So, sign in, click on profile, edit pw, they will send you a link.  Do it for each of you.

Then, check DH info and see if it corrected.

When I login to Princess then Manage Booking and try web version it has my details and asks for booking number to Link this Booking. It then tells me 'This Booking Is Already Claimed. I can login using DW ID, I then logout and get a screen where I can login using Name, DOB, booking number and that works for my ID. I am so glad the Medallion Experts explained all these idiosyncrasies 🙂

ETA I can now login with my ID without the Link Booking step.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

After you change your passwords on princess.com…then go to the app and 

sign into your accounts with your new

passwords.  Then you should be set to access both the web and the app.

Thank you yet again, MedallionMAESTRO PacnGoNow!  I changed the password on Princess.com, and when I went to the MedallionClass app, my original password did not work and now required the new password to access the account.  Before I went through the process of changing DH's password, I looked at the data under his Account on Princess.com, and each of the three tabs now contains the correct information for him, including the Future Cruise Deposit certificates that sent me down this rabbit hole in the first place.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

When I login to Princess then Manage Booking and try web version it has my details and asks for booking number to Link this Booking. It then tells me 'This Booking Is Already Claimed. I can login using DW ID, I then logout and get a screen where I can login using Name, DOB, booking number and that works for my ID. I am so glad the Medallion Experts explained all these idiosyncrasies 🙂

ETA I can now login with my ID without the Link Booking step.

2 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Thank you yet again, MedallionMAESTRO PacnGoNow!  I changed the password on Princess.com, and when I went to the MedallionClass app, my original password did not work and now required the new password to access the account.  Before I went through the process of changing DH's password, I looked at the data under his Account on Princess.com, and each of the three tabs now contains the correct information for him, including the Future Cruise Deposit certificates that sent me down this rabbit hole in the first place.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

You’re so welcome.  The website and App use the same password.

Glad it worked.

We need to stay one step ahead of them. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Try changing your passwords on Princess.com.  It straightened out my account and DH.

So, sign in, click on profile, edit pw, they will send you a link.  Do it for each of you.

Then, check DH info and see if it corrected.

How can I edit DH's profile when it won't let me sign in in the first place?

Just now, JF - retired RRT said:

I was hoping your reset would help. I could not get into DH account to change the pw.  So, I registered him again on PCL and it asked for his name, DOB, address 

and then it recognized him.  He now shows up again in all our cruises website and App.

Even though we’re Elite and been on the website forever.  Just trying to help and give you some ideas.

You could call PCL and tell them to fix it.

9 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Right below the login on the website is

Register try that for him. Once you get

in then change his password in web and App,

28 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I have not followed all details of your problem but have you tried clearing cache and trying web access ? Or trying a different browser?

6 hours ago, kamelia said:

Thank you Kamelia - you totally made our day.  Happy sailings 🙂

• Thanks 1

Well done, @PacnGoNow, good advice to redo passwords.  This is something I didn't see earlier today, and I did go and check our data, including logging in as my wife, and nothing was offside.  Either resolved or a random issue.  Glad to read others above found corrections by resetting accounts. 

IDK what PCL is doing sometimes.  Perhaps they were putting in a fix for the data integrity issues they have had from the get-go between POLAR and MC App.  I can see how MC App is not going to be working if profiles are mixed up and names do not match. 

It seems that they have managed to encounter just about any error one can imagine on that OCEAN team.  Sometimes I worry as we have managed not to have data integrity issues and other quirks - just the general bugs of which some still exist.  Worry?  Yeah, that about a week before our voyages, all the data will go pffft, and our DWM res will be gone, etc.  LOL.

• Like 1