Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

I have had good luck with the app so far (knocking on wood) but, I have a curious question. In prior iterations of the app, I could see where arrival/departure groups could be selected. I no longer see that. Does it now appear when they are available? I am 119 days out, so I am still far from being in the zone for selection.

18 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

I have had good luck with the app so far (knocking on wood) but, I have a curious question. In prior iterations of the app, I could see where arrival/departure groups could be selected. I no longer see that. Does it now appear when they are available? I am 119 days out, so I am still far from being in the zone for selection.

App

Travel checklist

Personal information and documents 

Move down…

Suggested

Arrival and Departure groups

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2022 at 7:11 AM, Steelers36 said:

If recent is past day or so, it can take a couple of days for MC App to get syn'd with POLAR.  if not, then suggest you call 1.800.PRINCES and use the phone tree options to get to MC App assistance. 

I put a deposit on cruise on Friday  via a CVP and it showed in the Medallion app within 5 minutes!!! I was shocked, I tell you shocked! 😂

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

I put a deposit on cruise on Friday  via a CVP and it showed in the Medallion app within 5 minutes!!! I was shocked, I tell you shocked! 😂

I can say this much.  Myself and my friend did a cancel/re-book recently on one of our voyages and although MC App was not immediately updated, I could access the new booking in the web version of Ocean Ready and got all that setup - including DMW before MC App was updated.  I think MC App was good the next day, however. 

I would be shocked as well.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

App

Travel checklist

Personal information and documents 

Move down…

Suggested

Arrival and Departure groups

That's where I find it as well, but I am not able to find the same option in the web version. Under "Suggested" a few of the "phone" app options are missing, including the Arrival and Departure Groups selection.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lx200gps said:

That's where I find it as well, but I am not able to find the same option in the web version. Under "Suggested" a few of the "phone" app options are missing, including the Arrival and Departure Groups selection.

We've only sailed once (May) since the restart and our start time was absolutely meaningless. We boarded in Vancouver and there was another ship in port. There was one very long line for passengers from both ships to get through the initial screening. It took forever and made our boarding time a joke. Hopefully it will work better in other ports.

54 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We've only sailed once (May) since the restart and our start time was absolutely meaningless. We boarded in Vancouver and there was another ship in port. There was one very long line for passengers from both ships to get through the initial screening. It took forever and made our boarding time a joke. Hopefully it will work better in other ports.

Most here well aware of how meaningless the Arrival Times are.  I was simply pointing out that I couldn't find their selection in the Web app, only on the phone version.  Our last Princess trip was in November and the Arrival time was not enforced even back then.

• Like 1

I feel like I have everything filled out.  I keep going over it and can’t see anything missing.  I have a gold orange exclamation mark on my name and my husband has a green check mark. I’m showing blue lane.  Something seems wrong.  The only thing it could be is we are both waiting for Medallion approval on our vaccine cards? 

7 hours ago, jeno said:

I feel like I have everything filled out.  I keep going over it and can’t see anything missing.  I have a gold orange exclamation mark on my name and my husband has a green check mark. I’m showing blue lane.  Something seems wrong.  The only thing it could be is we are both waiting for Medallion approval on our vaccine cards? 

Hmm.. I am thinking not that.  When you say going over it and over it, do you mean OCEAN Ready section and the Personal Information & Documents section?  It is likely there where the issue is.

That said, very briefly yesterday, I was surprised to open the MC App and find I was flagged Blue Lane.  I switched to our other booking and was Green.  I then logged off the App, closed it, re-opened and logged back in.  Ta-da!!  I was back in Green lane where I have been all along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Hmm.. I am thinking not that.  When you say going over it and over it, do you mean OCEAN Ready section and the Personal Information & Documents section?  It is likely there where the issue is.

That said, very briefly yesterday, I was surprised to open the MC App and find I was flagged Blue Lane.  I switched to our other booking and was Green.  I then logged off the App, closed it, re-opened and logged back in.  Ta-da!!  I was back in Green lane where I have been all along.

I looked through everything again and saw that my medallion selection section hadn’t locked into the choice of medallion, lanyard etc. My husbands had.  So I did that again and now I’m green.  Thanks! 

• Like 1

For those stressing about their arrival status, or are having problems with the pre-cruise part of the app, all I have to say is "Don't worry about it". Here is our check in experience for a 14 day cruise the just got back last weekend (left and returned from Port Everglades, Ft Lauderdale):

Without going in detail, we basically were unable to do anything using the app to prepare for check in. Since we didn't have an arrival time, we showed up at the terminal around 10:30 am. We went through the Platinum line which really only gives you priority getting to the metal detectors, I don't think there was anyone in front of us. We were in the blue lane, since we couldn't do anything in the app, and walked right up to the long counter with no one in front of us. The rep processed our docs and we were on our way. We just had our travel itinerary (that was not really needed), our passports and vax cards. Interestingly enough, the rep never asked us for our negative Covid results. Ironically, the lines were much longer for the kiosks in the green lane. 

We then waited in the Platinum "lounge" which is just a waiting area in the terminal. The Platinum and Elite all were allowed to board before the rest of the guests though.

Edited by fairmontracer
Miss spelled word
  • Like 1

With regards to the app performance on the ship:

- My wife and I both had my picture. When we went to the Medallion desk, they showed her how to change her picture. Once she did that, we both had her picture! Yes, were both logged into our individual accounts. They couldn't fix it.

- When you get into "Message center" in the app (which is supposedly for captain's messages to everyone), you can't get out of the screen unless you shut down the app. Apparently a known problem.

- When I brought up the Journey View in the app and left it open, my phone got hot and it drained my battery. Their solution: Get out of Journey View when not using it. 

The cruise its self was great though!

1 hour ago, fairmontracer said:

For those stressing about their arrival status, or are having problems with the pre-cruise part of the app, all I have to say is "Don't worry about it". Here is our check in experience for a 14 day cruise the just got back last weekend (left and returned from Port Everglades, Ft Lauderdale):

Without going in detail, we basically were unable to do anything using the app to prepare for check in. Since we didn't have an arrival time, we showed up at the terminal around 10:30 am. We went through the Platinum line which really only gives you priority getting to the metal detectors, I don't think there was anyone in front of us. We were in the blue lane, since we couldn't do anything in the app, and walked right up to the long counter with no one in front of us. The rep processed our docs and we were on our way. We just had our travel itinerary (that was not really needed), our passports and vax cards. Interestingly enough, the rep never asked us for our negative Covid results. Ironically, the lines were much longer for the kiosks in the green lane. 

We then waited in the Platinum "lounge" which is just a waiting area in the terminal. The Platinum and Elite all were allowed to board before the rest of the guests though.

That is how it is supposed to work.  Well done.

ETA:  Other than not checking the Covid test results.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Android Update dated July 7, 2022. 

Same text as Post #3489 above by @Astro Flyer.  BTW, don't we UPLOAD photos rather than DOWNLOAD them?  What photos are downloaded to the App, I wonder?

Anyway, the new Version number is:  3.0.103260.

anything worth reading in the new thread from Medallion Masters above?  315 posts as of now

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, voljeep said:

anything worth reading in the new thread from Medallion Masters above?  315 posts as of now

Obviously a rhetorical question.  The Mktg VP that showed up, answered 4 or 5 posts in the late evening several days ago and not a peep from anyone since.  I have answered more queries in that section than Princess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Obviously a rhetorical question.  The Mktg VP that showed up, answered 4 or 5 posts in the late evening several days ago and not a peep from anyone since.  I have answered more queries in that section than Princess.

13 posts!!!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile/1953640-chloej88/

I find it amusing, that they were so busy, that they had to postpone answering questions for a week.

Hopefully, they were busy working on the app.

• Like 1

10 days until my next Princess cruise, which is showing Check-in Incomplete.  Hopeful that the latest update would now mean I could complete the online Check-in I clicked on the link to the web version.  Up pops the "Link Your Booking" page, so I filled in the booking number, and received the message, "This booking has already been claimed."  I guess it's still not fixed and/or has been rebroken in the most recent attempt at fixing something else, so we're still in the Blue Lane.

1 minute ago, kamelia said:

10 days until my next Princess cruise, which is showing Check-in Incomplete.  Hopeful that the latest update would now mean I could complete the online Check-in I clicked on the link to the web version.  Up pops the "Link Your Booking" page, so I filled in the booking number, and received the message, "This booking has already been claimed."  I guess it's still not fixed and/or has been rebroken in the most recent attempt at fixing something else, so we're still in the Blue Lane.

Our experience with "this booking already claimed"...one of the updates deleted DH's history. According to the app, he's never cruised on Princess, all his saved info disappeared, his security pix gone, etc. Contacted the "experts" and they fixed some of it, but not all. He's still a newbie and can't log in on the app (gets the already claimed notice). When I log in and switch to his account, his security photo is there. If I look at a different section and go back to the security photo...it's gone.

Definitely something is broken and doubt they'll ever get it fixed.

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

@Steelers36, I certainly have gotten far more helpful and accurate answers from you (and others) on the forum.  I think you were being generous when you said the Mktg VP "answered" 4 or 5 posts - I would have said she responded to 4 or 5 posts, but the only answers she provided were to two people with questions about Medallion portability, one about the Medallion accessories and the other about getting a new Medallion for every cruise.  Kudos to her, though, for acknowledging @PacnGoNow for providing the awesome tips - now if only the MedallionMasters themselves could rise to at least that same level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Our experience with "this booking already claimed"...one of the updates deleted DH's history. According to the app, he's never cruised on Princess, all his saved info disappeared, his security pix gone, etc. Contacted the "experts" and they fixed some of it, but not all. He's still a newbie and can't log in on the app (gets the already claimed notice). When I log in and switch to his account, his security photo is there. If I look at a different section and go back to the security photo...it's gone.

Definitely something is broken and doubt they'll ever get it fixed.

Going back to your post #3188 in this topic, I'm thinking this is all associated with the corrupt POLAR data.  When I mentioned to one of the Ocean Navigators I tried getting help from early on that I had printed out the Future Cruise Deposits and cruise history for each of us, "just in case," he scoffed and said, "oh no, you don't have to worry, that will never become an issue."  Pffft.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Grego said:

Must be because it works just fine for us.

So, they had to postpone for a week because it works fine for you?

The question sub-forum has 319 posts.

Although, obviously not made by 319 unique posters.

Grego:1

Questions: 319

I guess they should have just checked with you...

Edited by Roberto256