Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

On 6/10/2022 at 4:44 PM, PacnGoNow said:

How long ago did your ship change?

If it just happened give the app about

2-3 days to correct itself.

Does it read correctly on the website?

Check your booking and the travel summary…does that look correct?

If its been more than 3 days, then I would contact the IT team for help.  Tell them

your full name

booking number

sail date and new ship

Explain exactly what happened and the app is not reflected correctly.

Send an email to:

A360ad7@carnival.com

Let us know how it turns out.

I emailed that site. They answered very promptly but said they would look into whatever issues closer to cruise dates…..first come first served cruise wise. That’s fair. I’m done stressing over it!  Thank for the advise.

6 hours ago, grak said:

I emailed that site. They answered very promptly but said they would look into whatever issues closer to cruise dates…..first come first served cruise wise. That’s fair. I’m done stressing over it!  Thank for the advise.

Yes, definitely don’t stress over it, not worth it.

On 6/12/2022 at 7:43 AM, AF-1 said:

I sail Enchanted Princess in October.  I have used the app on previous cruises.  For my October cruise I will open the app on 1 September.  Have too much  going on to worry about the app not working correctly.  I am not going to stress over which forms the app accepts or rejects.  In September if the app works that is a plus,  if I am still in Blue Lane I will complete everything at the port.  Have a great day.

I agree, don't keep fretting over the small stuff.  If you can't get it to work, do what you can and when you get onboard there is a staff of folks that will help you.

Our experience having done 5 voyages since last November and have two more booked is that the Medallion Class App worked perfectly in every event.  Sure there was a period of time to get it working properly, but most of that was caused by "user error" and quickly resolved. 

We love some of the features the app provides and totally understand that if we don't want to use it at all, it doesn't impact our enjoyment of being back at sea.  We also understand that the future features that are being worked on will make the app even better.

Relax and enjoy the voyage.

• Like 2

Simple question...

Arrival Groups opened today for my cruise -- 59 days out. I hear that they are not likely to be needed...but thought...ok ...I'll play....

I managed to pick the first Arrival Group A which is 11 -  11:30.

(Tip for others: I had to log out and log back on again to get it to work.)

Now since I have a Green status, I have a QR code and Arrival Group A -- Proceed to Green Lane. Great....but my memory isn't what it used to be....nowhere do I see the time for Arrival Group A. 🙄

I guess I will have to write it down on a piece of paper----pretty high tech....

Or...am I just not seeing it?

13 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

nowhere do I see the time for Arrival Group A

Ummmm... I don't understand the question

21 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Simple question...

Arrival Groups opened today for my cruise -- 59 days out. I hear that they are not likely to be needed...but thought...ok ...I'll play....

Now since I have a Green status, I have a QR code and Arrival Group A -- Proceed to Green Lane. Great....but my memory isn't what it used to be....nowhere do I see the time for Arrival Group A. 🙄

I guess I will have to write it down on a piece of paper----pretty high tech....

The time is just shown on the initial page that you picked Arrival Group A 1100-1130.

Just make a note of it.  

39 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I guess it's my old designer / developer hat...I would have thought the app would show 11-11:30 along with Arrival Group A. 

We boarded in Vancouver. They had a single line for two different cruise ships. Everybody had to wait forever. Our arrival time was meaningless.

3 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I guess it's my old designer / developer hat...I would have thought the app would show 11-11:30 along with Arrival Group A. 

You do realize what POS app you're talking about right? Absolutely nothing about this app will match up with what you would expect when wearing that hat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Yeah - it’s a dumb omission.  But since you know what boarding group you’re in, and what time that boarding group is for, I’m missing why you need separate confirmation.  (Besides just wanting it of course, which is a valid reason)

If you really need to find out the time, you need to go back to where you pick a boarding group, an it will show you that there.  (ATravel Checklist > Personal Information and Documents > Arrival and Departure Groups).

9 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Simple question...

We were Group A, green status etc. recently but no one ever checked. I'm sure people were there to board at 11am who either had a later time or just showed up anyway. Plus there are heaps of people who don't even use the App who wouldn't have a clue that there's such a thing as Arrival Groups.

At present it seems to be just turn up to board when you want. 

This may just have been a timing coincidence for a booking number change but…

I rebooked the first leg of a b2b so ended up with a new booking number.  My medallion app showed the old booking and would no longer let me to even open the travel checklist, health info etc.

Before contacting medallion app support, I did all the things they would ask me to do (delete and reload app, try using booking number as login, etc.) to reduce time on the phone.

But the last thing I did seemed to have worked !  

I logged out of the app and logged in to the web version of checkin.  That version did show the new booking so I updated all the items that did not carry over from my last completed cruise (emergency return airport, vaccination info, ordered medallion, etc.) and logged out.  As soon as I logged out, I got an email that my medallion order for the old booking number was cancelled and when I relogged in to the medallion app it showed the new booking number and entire b2b itinerary !

The emergency return airport used to cause me issues with checkin when checkin was on princess.com so who knows that may have been the charm.  

1 hour ago, grak said:

I can’t link my booking…says it doesn’t exist…fully paid BTW

Why are you trying to link?  Is this a new booking you just made or rebooked?  A b2b? 

Edited by PacnGoNow

I’ve been booked for awhile. The app was doing ok….then it wasn’t and all 3 of my booked cruises are gone and “don’t exist”.  I went on the Princess site and it says I’m green.  It would be nice to access the items on the app. It worked on my April cruise.

1 hour ago, grak said:

I’ve been booked for awhile. The app was doing ok….then it wasn’t and all 3 of my booked cruises are gone and “don’t exist”.  I went on the Princess site and it says I’m green.  It would be nice to access the items on the app. It worked on my April cruise.

Did you try to sign out and sign back in with your ID & password?

Then… Try to sign in with your booking number with all lower case letters and numbers.

Log out of the App…Log into website: 

Go to website personalizer …

checkin

update all of your items, like emergency return airport, profile or account information, make sure all your information is correct on the website.  Also, check your spouse/partner if traveling with you.

Log out website

Log back into the App.

See if it shows now?

Sometimes I’ve found errors on cruise personalizer on the website, other times it’s been on the App, where my address, phone, info was not on there.  Phone has to show the country code number like +1 whatever country you’re in.
So, I had to go through each item on the App and that fixed it.

Hope one of these works.

If still doesn’t work, I’d send a message to the IT dept.  Full names, sail date, ship,

booking numbers. Explain and tell them to fix.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

You can always use the website checkin

instead of the App.  Don’t worry about this.  Not worth it.

• Like 1

Don't know if this will help anyone else but, our daughter was unable to upload  her Covid test results on her android phone. She logged in on our iphone and was able to upload hers and her daughters. She had already tried getting help from Medallion. They finally told her just bring paper copies and don't worry about it.

31 minutes ago, tutumomickey said:

Don't know if this will help anyone else but, our daughter was unable to upload  her Covid test results on her android phone. She logged in on our iphone and was able to upload hers and her daughters. She had already tried getting help from Medallion. They finally told her just bring paper copies and don't worry about it.

From personal experience of current Sky Princess Midnight Sun cruise - 

Don't bother trying to upload. It's not necessary or worth the hassle . They check paper copies at embarkation. 

1 hour ago, Airwavey said:
1 hour ago, Airwavey said:

They check paper copies at embarkation. 

This is my plan.  Enough trying to get this working. IT says wait til closer to cruise. I may try one more time then.

I sail in October.  I will try and upload all documentation 1 Sep.  It the medallion app does not take the documentation I will show up at port and have the Princess reps take care of it.  

• Like 1