Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

58 minutes ago, Userclown said:

I say, let it go! Work with what you can. Arrive at the terminal with required documents, board and start having fun

There's a problem with that...insurance. Due to our ages we use Princess insurance. One Elite and one newbie raises the price.

Fix it. I used "chat". It took less than 5 minutes. A miracle.😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

My question: do you thing Chat could consolidate the accounts or do I need to call?...sigh.

For anyone w/issues...try Chat first.

In post #3324, I laid out my problem. Decided to contact Chat. The accounts were merged in <5 minutes.

Hooray!!

Chat, chat, chat.

• Like 3

The app shows DW and me as blue lane, though all 'required ' items are checked green. I have not uploaded vaccination info yet but health status etc. are just in suggested category. Not a problem, we do not sail until Sep 2022 and will update vaccination etc. before then. Just curious.

11 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

The app shows DW and me as blue lane, though all 'required ' items are checked green. I have not uploaded vaccination info yet but health status etc. are just in suggested category. Not a problem, we do not sail until Sep 2022 and will update vaccination etc. before then. Just curious.

We have been on 5 cruises since November. Not at any time did anybody verify color. Just sayin’

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Userclown said:

We have been on 5 cruises since November. Not at any time did anybody verify color. Just sayin’

The terminals we tend to use it would not be practical to have multiple lines the layouts are designed with  row  of desks split to short loyalty lines and everyone else in a single line(snaking round the space.

While they are checking everyone's Passport/Vax/test  easier to have one line 

Then there are EU/UK cruises where most passengers are having to pick up a medallion as well as the checks, last Princess(UK) the pick up point was in the middle of the desk line so every one was passing close to a lot more people than needed if they had put it after the checking area .

Once Princess get to the stage that they are comfortable with the data uploaded and stop the vax/test checks it may be possible to peel those of and fast track to medallion pickup/ship.

12 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

There's a problem with that...insurance. Due to our ages we use Princess insurance. One Elite and one newbie raises the price.

Fix it. I used "chat". It took less than 5 minutes. A miracle.😂

In a thread about the use of the medallion app, and a discussion on whether to bother to upload all the info could you expand on your reply "There's a problem with that... insurance" 

We have insurance, and will have a printed copy of the Insurance Cert with us

2 hours ago, Airwavey said:

In a thread about the use of the medallion app, and a discussion on whether to bother to upload all the info could you expand on your reply "There's a problem with that... insurance" 

We have insurance, and will have a printed copy of the Insurance Cert with us

We buy Princess insurance due to cost/age. If one or both of us are not Elite, it costs more.

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

We buy Princess insurance due to cost/age. If one or both of us are not Elite, it costs more.

Does Elite get something Platinum doesn't? Platinum gets the higher plan for Standard rate.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Userclown said:

Agree, my curiosity was in case I had not submitted something.

14 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Agree, my curiosity was in case I had not submitted something.

I would be curious too.  I would recheck it  in a couple of days.  If it’s still blue, I would just go through each item to see if one of them is not marked green.

But, that’s just me.  Just curious too.

16 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Have you made the final payment yet? That could be a factor. Mine are showing blue for September and October,  but the balance isn't due yet. 

6 minutes ago, donswife said:

Have you made the final payment yet? That could be a factor. Mine are showing blue for September and October,  but the balance isn't due yet. 

Aha, final payment June 08, I will see what happens then.

11 minutes ago, donswife said:

Maybe, but mine for Nov 2022 through

Oct 2023 are not final payment yet.

But they are all green.

Probably a bug. 🐜 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, donswife said:

My final payment isn't until August for November and I'm "green". DH was blue even tho' he should be green. Contacted chat and the rep found 2 accounts for him. The newest update really did a number on our accounts. That wasn't the only thing it changed.

1st time using the new app and geez it is tough . you can make MDR reservation for one day then next day it says error. i decided to go thru the web interface. there it gives you the specific error

unable to retrieve guests journey information

but if you go to another day you can successfully book. it's totally random what day it lets you book. is this common for this error or am i special? 

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

1st time using the new app and geez it is tough . you can make MDR reservation for one day then next day it says error. i decided to go thru the web interface. there it gives you the specific error

unable to retrieve guests journey information

but if you go to another day you can successfully book. it's totally random what day it lets you book. is this common for this error or am i special? 

I was able to make reservations for us and our two friends for the same time every night. Of course the dining room where I made the reservations was closed the entire cruise but (other than the first night) we did get the same table, time, and staff each night. I made the reservations via the app prior to the cruise.

I read through a few pages. Suspicions confirmed.  This thing is a piece of you know what that I can't say in polite company.  Will do my best and then simply show up at the port with physical paper copies of everything and say 'handle it'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I read through a few pages. Suspicions confirmed.  This thing is a piece of you know what that I can't say in polite company.  Will do my best and then simply show up at the port with physical paper copies of everything and say 'handle it'.

You go! You gotta be smarter than the APP!

7 minutes ago, Userclown said:

You go! You gotta be smarter than the APP!

It's just crazy user.  It's not like we're inexperienced travelers or don't know how to use an App on our Smartphone.  I'll tell you.... Carnival's is 'bad'; this is essentially unusable.  You'd think the Corp would take this stuff a little more seriously.  To that end, on multiple cruises since the restart we have never once used the optional Verifly. 'You wanna see my paperwork? Have at it.'  The absolute worst part was trying to get a darn pic to upload.  I mean I know I'm not Brad Pitt but c'mon!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jsglow said:

It's just crazy user.  It's not like we're inexperienced travelers or don't know how to use an App on our Smartphone.  I'll tell you.... Carnival's is 'bad'; this is essentially unusable.  You'd think the Corp would take this stuff a little more seriously.  To that end, on multiple cruises since the restart we have never once used the optional Verifly. 'You wanna see my paperwork? Have at it.'  The absolute worst part was trying to get a darn pic to upload.  I mean I know I'm not Brad Pitt but c'mon!

I have been on several cruises sine restart. I too have had issues, but it ended up to all turn out perfect in the end. I don’t know why but I was able to complete everything on the app.  Maybe different times of the day when not so many users?