Regal Princess coffee?

sbcatcher1

Does the Regal Princess have a specialty coffee shop? I see a pastry shop would this be where you can get lattes? Is this included in the basic beverage package?

I am trying to decide between the Regal Princess or Celebrity Millennium.  

Yes it part of the International cafe.  Excellent coffee and specialty coffee.  Besides pastries it has great sandwiches and all kind of treats.  Not sure what you mean by basic beverage package.  Specialty coffee is covered by the Premier Beverage package.

Edited by franktown
add

yes, right next to the International Cafe. I think it's called something like New Grounds.

We had quite a bit of OBC last time, so my mom (who loves coffee) tried pretty much each specialty coffee they offer. She liked them all very much.

You get a delicious free pastry at the IC and a cup of coffee right there as well (but not free). By the way, coffee at the buffet on Regal is supposed to be a brewed variety, not concentrate like on other ships.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

As mentioned the Regal class ships have a coffee machine in the buffet that uses freshly ground coffee beans.  Might want to try that first to see if it's  acceptable enough .   If you like sitting in the Piazza  then the coffee package would be the way to go.    

• Like 1

The International Cafe/ New Grounds is where it's at! If you have the special package (Gratuities, Beverages, WiFi), then it will not be extra for those yummy coffee drinks.

IMHO... we would chose Princess over Celebrity anyday... especially the Regal. We love that ship.

8 minutes ago, nini said:

The International Cafe/ New Grounds is where it's at! If you have the special package (Gratuities, Beverages, WiFi), then it will not be extra for those yummy coffee drinks.

IMHO... we would chose Princess over Celebrity anyday... especially the Regal. We love that ship.

Why would you choose over Celebrity? We have been on the Constellation but never Princess. Our favorite thing to do was get coffee and people watch. 

33 minutes ago, voljeep said:

the OP mentioned 'pastry shop' - there is a Pastry Shop located on the Lido deck in the Horizon Bistro section that 'may' also have specialty coffees

The coffee bar in the Pastry Shop does have specialty coffees available however not brewed coffee. I’ve read that some people will order a Caffé Americano which apparently would be similar to brewed coffee.

As waltd wrote on Royal-Class ships the free buffet coffee is made using filtered coffee machines that use ground coffee which for me is good & results in fewer trips to the IC.

565E7CB2-12CF-478B-92A8-B6604D7D3400.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, we have enjoyed many really good coffee drinks at the International Cafe on REGAL.

I am another fan of the REGAL.

Cant compare with Celebrity.

I think the one thing that I hear Celebrity has over Princess is their upcharge dining restaurants.

And, I think that might be true?  As I don't think that Princess does exceptionally well in that area.

But, yes, the International Cafe and the coffee drinks are great!

Edited by Wishing on a star

After our experience on the Celebrity Reflection ( Mediterranean itinerary about 10 nights) in October 2018, we really missed Princess. The food was mediocre, the staff snooty and unsmiling, and we really missed the open areas on the ship. Princess has a wide open atrium and so much light. But our cabin steward was great and we tipped him extra.

We had a beverage package on the Reflection and the snooty bartenders would barely look at you. I was told that my beverage package only included 2 white wines. OTOH, on Princess, basically nearly all of the wines are included.

We ate in the dining room one night for dinner and it took over an eternity to receive our dinner. And it was the worst/ no flavor scampi I have ever had.

Bottom line- Is Princess perfect? No. However; the food, service, staff and atmosphere is great.

• Like 1

If the brewed coffee on the Regal is like the Royal, I'd skip it. But then I'm picky. I get a latte or black with full cream in IC. And cocoa with cream. Cream makes everything better

Nini,  yes the great Piazza and open areas are something that I know I might miss when I look many other ships!  

If this poster likes enjoying nice coffee and coffee drinks, and people watching, seeing everybody going by and enjoying their cruise in the Piazza...  That would be it!

The Odyssey of the Seas has an unbeatable European itinerary that I would die for...  But, the top deck is a floating theme park, and no Piazza...  They have the great looking Solarium open to all adult guests.  But, that is different than the Princess Sanctuary.  When I look at the "Promenade" I think they call it, it makes me think of a hallway in a large mall.

Edited by Wishing on a star

The packages don't go on sale.    They do have a coffee package only that is reasonable.   It use to be all the brewed coffee you want during the cruise and I think 15 specialty coffees.   Good  enough for us at least.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sbcatcher1 said:

Thanks. I opted not to go with the Princess plus package. It was an extra $500. We are only take it a 4 day cruise. I hope the coffee and WiFi plans go on sale.  I am very picky about my coffee….

For a 4 day cruise, the "Princess Plus" package should only be $40.00 per day per person and includes your beverages (great coffee), gratuities for crew, and WiFi. It should not be $500.00 for only 4 days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sbcatcher1 said:

Thanks. I opted not to go with the Princess plus package. It was an extra $500. We are only take it a 4 day cruise. I hope the coffee and WiFi plans go on sale.  I am very picky about my coffee….

Unless you have platinum/elite status with Princess, the pre-cruise pricing for the Internet package is the best price you can get.

Unless multiple people need to be on the Internet at the same time, one Internet plan will suffice as it can be shared using once device at a time.

19 hours ago, voljeep said:

the OP mentioned 'pastry shop' - there is a Pastry Shop located on the Lido deck in the Horizon Bistro section that 'may' also have specialty coffees

yeah, to think of it, I think there was a counter where you could get specialty coffee right in the middle of the Pastry section in the buffet. But we just got the free coffee instead - we are not connoisseurs at all, but I am picky about bitterness.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy