EDGE JULY 10, 2021 (semi) LIVE

graphicguy

4 minutes ago, jackson2348 said:

Saw your revised arrival time, hoping you were able to get out of the ft Lauderdale airport before the evacuation this morning! I hope that doesn’t mess too many people up. 

Evacuation!!??

@graphicguyplease report as we need to know that you made it onboard!

• Like 1

Wow--graphicguy was due to land after this shut down...and Delta flies into Terminal 2.

Wonder if they can bring those flights into Terminals 1 & 4.

Travel isn't yet up to 100% pre-COVID rates so maybe that might be a workaround at this time.

LOL, hate to say it--but another reason to fly in the day before. You just NEVER know!

Just now, KKB said:

Wow--graphicguy was due to land after this shut down...and Delta flies into Terminal 2.

Travel isn't yet up to 100% pre-COVID rates so maybe that might be a workaround at this time.

LOL, hate to say it--but another reason to fly in the day before. You just NEVER know!

I flew out of FLL last week and it was very busy. Lots of flights and lots of people 

1 minute ago, Lighthousepointdream15 said:

I flew out of FLL last week and it was very busy. Lots of flights and lots of people 

For sure but as low as prices are within 2 weeks of travel, clearly demand is not what it was pre-COVID.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KKB said:

From the flight time he posted earlier, the flight landed about 2 hours late at 11:40am. All clear was just given at the terminal around 12:30pm EDT (approx 25 minutes ago). The did shut down entry into the airport which will create a mess for the backlog of people trying to get taxi's and Ubers. 

As someone who had 'safe' travel plans for the 26th sailing and yet still almost missed the ship, I imagine he needs a stiff drink by now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

From the flight time he posted earlier, the flight landed about 2 hours late at 11:40am. All clear was just given at the terminal around 12:30pm EDT (approx 25 minutes ago). The did shut down entry into the airport which will create a mess for the backlog of people trying to get taxi's and Ubers. 

As someone who had 'safe' travel plans for the 26th sailing and yet still almost missed the ship, I imagine he needs a stiff drink by now. 

I’ll buy him one when he makes it, we came in yesterday and are lunching at luminae. Cheers!!!

• Like 2

Jeeze. I’m really cheering for graphicguy. I’m also taking a solo cruise and flying in day of next month. I’m still telling myself “This won’t happen to me and my flight.”

Edited by Seany527
  • Like 1

I made it.  

Thanks for the concern.  My rules of sailing in day of embarkation did not fail me.  Gotta do the “safety dance”.  Everyone on board has been nothing short of EXCELLENT!  BEAUTIFUL SHIP!  First things first……martini!  Plus, Luminae is still open!

Will have more later!!

• Like 23

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

I made it.  

Thanks for the concern.  My rules of sailing in day of embarkation did not fail me.  Gotta do the “safety dance”.  Everyone on board has been nothing short of EXCELLENT!  BEAUTIFUL SHIP!  First things first……martini!  Plus, Luminae is still open!

Will have more later!!

OMG….So glad that you made it!

I was having heart palpitations for you and everyone else flying in today.

I am sure that first Martini is going to be oh so good….😊

ENJOY!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I made it.  

Will have more later!!

Waiting to see more.  And hear more. 

Re: flying in on day of--while it's not for me, you went about it the right way.  Anytime you fly anywhere you should know your alternative options. And since this is not the dead of winter with snow and ice, and weather not a factor, it's worth the chance. 

Go and enjoy the cruise for the rest of us.

35 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I made it.  

Will have more later!!

Glad to hear that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I made it.  

Will have more later!!

Thank goodness! I’m glad everyone involved turned out to be safe.

This has Been an adventure!  Bomb scare? Who thought? We always fly in a day early in the winter due to snow, now in the summer fly in a day early because of a possible bomb threat? 🙀

Still flying in a day early in August because American Airlines keeps canceling flights. Just want to get on the ship!!  I would walk from Philadelphia if I had to. 

Keep us posted! 

Cheers! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JoeTec said:

Ok does anyone else think @KKB called In the bomb threat just to prove a point to @graphicguy🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just kidding I hope everyone makes it on board for sailaway 

Hey, now--I LOVE To be right...but  @graphicguy seems like a nice guy--I don't wish for nice people to miss their cruise!😉

• Like 7

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

This has Been an adventure!  Bomb scare? Who thought? We always fly in a day early in the winter due to snow, now in the summer fly in a day early because of a possible bomb threat? 🙀

Still flying in a day early in August because American Airlines keeps canceling flights. Just want to get on the ship!!  I would walk from Philadelphia if I had to. 

Keep us posted! 

Cheers! 

How do deal with a major snow storm the day before the cruise? We also fly in the day before from Chicago and had to miss a cruise. They couldn't open the runways until noon.