Masks

I will say, yet again,  that there are no efforts. (or so called 'intentions') at this at Princess to allow any exemptions.  5%, childeren, etc...

(would be interesting to hear from anyone, at all, who knows that this is not so)

I do not know how this is working for any non U.S. sailings.   But believe this is how Princess is operating, at this time, for all sailings.

Edited by Wishing on a star

2 hours ago, Esjung1 said:

I just updated my Princess APP today and finally got into the health screening.  The first pop-up states that Face Masks are required at the terminal, when moving around the ship, and on shore excursions. Masks may be removed in restaurants and bars while eating or drinking.  Based on this is seems like you would need to wear them at all other times (except eating or drinking). 

I just got this as well.  I've emailed my Princess vacation planner and asked if there is someone he can call. The FAQ's on the website still say fully vaccinated do not need to mask or socially distance,  The Passage contract I signed says repeatedly that if there is ever a disagreement between the contract (or other documents) the Princess Website is the definitive authority.  

My gut tells me this is in error, but am ready and willing to comply if not.  

And on an aside, I am really excited by the great questions and comments regarding my earlier posts #36 & #39.  As was pointed out this is really off topic so I will not engage any further on it....but bravo!  I am always happy to see great critical thinking skills 😀

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Esjung1 said:

I just updated my Princess APP today and finally got into the health screening.  The first pop-up states that Face Masks are required at the terminal, when moving around the ship, and on shore excursions. Masks may be removed in restaurants and bars while eating or drinking.  Based on this is seems like you would need to wear them at all other times (except eating or drinking). 

I believe that is old text that IT probably had sitting around since project began and they are not aware of Princess' most recent health info posted around July 9.  This is not good.  No way I would be wearing a mask all the time.  Would be carrying around a bottle of water.  LOL.  I would go with Princess' latest guidelines which are no mask requirement for fully-vaccinated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I just got this as well.  I've emailed my Princess vacation planner and asked if there is someone he can call. The FAQ's on the website still say fully vaccinated do not need to mask or socially distance,  The Passage contract I signed says repeatedly that if there is ever a disagreement between the contract (or other documents) the Princess Website is the definitive authority.  

My gut tells me this is in error, but am ready and willing to comply if not.  

And on an aside, I am really excited by the great questions and comments regarding my earlier posts #36 & #39.  As was pointed out this is really off topic so I will not engage any further on it....but bravo!  I am always happy to see great critical thinking skills 😀

See my post #53.  I will bet my cruise deposit that this is yet another screw-up by the "wonderful" MedallionClass IT Team. 

On 7/6/2021 at 3:32 PM, LACruiser88 said:
On 7/6/2021 at 8:54 AM, fishnchips said:

Hopefully guidance will be changing after the 19th July as mask wearing rules and social distance are being dropped from this date in the UK ...and inside cabins are NOW on sale for some seacations which were NOT on sale previously ....

Expand  

Until Covid-19 is in the rear mirror, I would be very leery in booking an inside cabin.  "If" for some unforeseeable reason you have to quarantine on the ship, I would not want to be in an inside cabin!

Yeah .... I'm not even booking a window. Obstructed balcony or better. I would need to go outside. 

FWIW this is in my health section on my 08/15/21 Alaska cruise this morning:

20210718_214831.jpg

@Esjung1weird that you need to mask. When / where do you go?

Okay. Made it to page 4. Hope my guidance stays for just terminals 

Edited by Ombud

On 7/19/2021 at 12:44 PM, Ombud said:

Yeah .... I'm not even booking a window. Obstructed balcony or better. I would need to go outside. 

FWIW this is in my health section on my 08/15/21 Alaska cruise this morning:

20210718_214831.jpg

@Esjung1weird that you need to mask. When / where do you go?

Okay. Made it to page 4. Hope my guidance stays for just terminals 

We leave August 8th, I'm hoping that the health section on my APP shows what you have shown above.  I can't even get into that section anymore, it just shows me a blank white page. I'm currently showing all green checkmarks and in the green lane but I know that the health section needs to be updated again like 24 hours prior so I'm probably going to have to delete my app and redownload it. 

On 7/6/2021 at 3:32 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Until Covid-19 is in the rear mirror, I would be very leery in booking an inside cabin.  "If" for some unforeseeable reason you have to quarantine on the ship, I would not want to be in an inside cabin!

You and me too! I've never been one the "balcony is a must" crowd, but being quarantined in an inside or even an ocean view isn't something I want to take a chance on. Nothing less than a balcony for me from here on out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FredZiffle said:

At the moment, it's still only required during embarkation and debarkation.  

I hope you're right but I'm bringing masks. Not for formal night (I'll eat at Alfredos that night if I have to mask up) but elsewhere onboard 

Edited by Ombud

25 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I hope you're right but I'm bringing masks. Not for formal night (I'll eat at Alfredos that night if I have to mask up) but elsewhere onboard 

4 Packs Adult Reusable Washable Adjustable Cloth Face Masks with Nose Wire, 3D Shape and Adjustable Earloop for Men Women

But there are options like this for formal night 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Nuts. It updated this morning. Ah well. At least I'm on a ship. Ordering extra N95s. 

20210721_105721.jpg

Covering their u-know-what's.  It allows them to add and subtract.  

Mine is changed as well.  Has to be since they will only have one "splash" page for Health Status section.  Unfortunate  as the other was much more liberating in its language.  This is a put the hammer down type language.  Are we going to be tripping over signs or have continuous announcements as to "where required".  Should be no requirements for fully-vaccinated per the previous language.  Probably change it three more times in the next month or two.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ombud said:

The DR won't have a mask requirement.  Even if they do, just keep drinking and eating!!!!  (They wouldn't be that evil, would they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

The DR won't have a mask requirement.  Even if they do, just keep drinking and eating!!!!  (They wouldn't be that evil, would they?

👹I can see it now...Announcer shouts "fork in hand, food on fork", pause..."mask down, fork in mouth", pause..."remove fork, mask up, chew". Rinse and repeat.

• Haha 3

On 7/14/2021 at 5:56 PM, Steelers36 said:

See my post #53.  I will bet my cruise deposit that this is yet another screw-up by the "wonderful" MedallionClass IT Team. 

In brief, IT teams fix functionality of a site or app. Marketing writes copy and is responsible for accuracy on a site and I suspect the marketing team became super lean during the COVID shutdown. 

• Like 1

MC App - Health Status "Splash Page"

Here is an explanation from PCL HQ (for upcoming USA departures):

• Masks: These will be required for all guests during embarkation and disembarkation. For voyages announced as part of our return to service, the following statement encompasses our current stance. It is also important to note that we are guided by CDC health guidelines, and therefore these protocols are subject to change.
    • “Guests who are fully vaccinated can enjoy taking in a show, sharing a world-class meal, and other onboard experiences without wearing a mask or physical distancing. Ports will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces often and provide hand-sanitizing stations. They may also require mask wearing and physical distancing throughout the terminal. For your own protection, we may recommend wearing masks in crowded indoor spaces or while accessing select services. Unvaccinated guests will be required to wear a face mask at all times while indoors, in accordance with health authority requirements.”
    • Please note that UK Seacations fall under a different set of health protocols.
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

MC App - Health Status "Splash Page"

Here is an explanation from PCL HQ (for upcoming USA departures):

• Masks: These will be required for all guests during embarkation and disembarkation. For voyages announced as part of our return to service, the following statement encompasses our current stance. It is also important to note that we are guided by CDC health guidelines, and therefore these protocols are subject to change.
    • “Guests who are fully vaccinated can enjoy taking in a show, sharing a world-class meal, and other onboard experiences without wearing a mask or physical distancing. Ports will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces often and provide hand-sanitizing stations. They may also require mask wearing and physical distancing throughout the terminal. For your own protection, we may recommend wearing masks in crowded indoor spaces or while accessing select services. Unvaccinated guests will be required to wear a face mask at all times while indoors, in accordance with health authority requirements.”
    • Please note that UK Seacations fall under a different set of health protocols.

subject to change

we will take our 'blue surgical masks' and also the masks my wife made - and yes we have 'cruise masks' set aside - both for day , casual nights, and picture night in the atrium

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1