UH-OH.LOOKS LIKE OUR SITE NEEDED TO TAKE A SHORT VACATION. 500 - Internal Server Error

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Nope. No problems today. Looked at our existing reservations and looked for a new cruise. 

I checked USA site with a VPN and it's fine. Only EU site. Funny, EU site main page says 'explore 447 cruises'. US one says something like 368. Hope that's not an omen!

8 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

Funny, EU site main page says 'explore 447 cruises'. US one says something like 368. Hope that's not an omen!

Don't worry, that's because you are in Europe:  Metric numbers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Shellbelle28 said:

I have been getting "incorrect password" notices all morning when I try to log in to the US site. 

Are you using your email to login?  Try your username and pw seems some accounts mine included can only use the username for login

21 minutes ago, yamiangie said:

Are you using your email to login?  Try your username and pw seems some accounts mine included can only use the username for login

Yeah, I'm trying to log in using the saved credentials that got me in last night! 

2 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

I have been getting "incorrect password" notices all morning when I try to log in to the US site. 

This past Monday NCL changed the "account name" or "user ID" for a large number of passengers.  It seems to have affected anyone who had been using their actual name as their account ID.  Try your email address (including the "dot com" part) as your user name and you should be able to log in.

2 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

I checked USA site with a VPN and it's fine. Only EU site. Funny, EU site main page says 'explore 447 cruises'. US one says something like 368. Hope that's not an omen!

The different numbers are because of the way NCL markets cruises in different countries.  Sometimes there are legal requirements in one country which are different from another.  Sometimes it's just a matter of customary practice or expectations.  As an example, sometimes they offer two B2B cruises as a combined cruise to passengers in one country, but only as separate cruises in another.  That would add an extra listing for the first country that doesn't appear for the second.  There probably are several other possible examples that could add up to dozens more listings in the UK than in the US.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

The different numbers are because of the way NCL markets cruises in different countries.  Sometimes there are legal requirements in one country which are different from another.  Sometimes it's just a matter of customary practice or expectations.  As an example, sometimes they offer two B2B cruises as a combined cruise to passengers in one country, but only as separate cruises in another.  That would add an extra listing for the first country that doesn't appear for the second.  There probably are several other possible examples that could add up to dozens more listings in the UK than in the US.

Would they count 3 cruises for bookings offered from 3 different departure ports? Seems to me, that would have be counted differently and could account for  the additional cruises. 

Correction, I think  the number would only be 2 different ports per cruise.  

Edited by All-ready2cruise
correction

Mine is working in NZ; I know you asked about EU but thought I would butt in!!

However could I suggest that you never use your full email address anywhere on Cruise Critic; I think it is a prime site for spammers to trawl.

Look below for the way I put mine on CC

11 hours ago, casofilia said:

Mine is working in NZ; I know you asked about EU but thought I would butt in!!

However could I suggest that you never use your full email address anywhere on Cruise Critic; I think it is a prime site for spammers to trawl.

Look below for the way I put mine on CC

Who are you addressing your reference to email addresses to?

On 7/10/2021 at 6:36 PM, podgeandrodge said:

On 7/10/2021 at 9:17 PM, The Traveling Man said:

On 7/10/2021 at 9:33 PM, All-ready2cruise said:

Would they count 3 cruises for bookings offered from 3 different departure ports? Seems to me, that would have be counted differently and could account for  the additional cruises. 

Correction, I think  the number would only be 2 different ports per cruise.  

So, for the hell of it, I looked into this.  It seemed strange that they would market individual cruises in different countries in terms of numbers, as they go from the port they go from. 

So..I counted by ship the cruises on the EU site, then the US site.  Differences still 368 vs 447.

Duh!  The reason for this is that the EU site includes the "Fly & Cruise" packages.  When I removed them, it's the same number of cruises.  Exactly.  Which, when you think about it, sorta makes sense.  Anyway, there's 15 minutes of time I will never get back!  🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

So, for the hell of it, I looked into this.  It seemed strange that they would market individual cruises in different countries in terms of numbers, as they go from the port they go from. 

So..I counted by ship the cruises on the EU site, then the US site.  Differences still 368 vs 447.

Duh!  The reason for this is that the EU site includes the "Fly & Cruise" packages.  When I removed them, it's the same number of cruises.  Exactly.  Which, when you think about it, sorta makes sense.  Anyway, there's 15 minutes of time I will never get back!  🙂

I figured it had to be something like that.  Customary practices, customer expectations, regulatory requirements, or some other obscure reason had to be at the bottom of it.  Sorry about your 15 minutes, though.

• Like 1

Just now, The Traveling Man said:

I figured it had to be something like that.  Customary practices, customer expectations, regulatory requirements, or some other obscure reason had to be at the bottom of it.  Sorry about your 15 minutes, though.

I enjoyed it!  It's good to know (for me anyway!)