Carnival Vista 7/10

KurtJ

First day draws to a close. Service at dinner was fast and excellent. They worked with us because of my husbands dietary restrictions and brought him a lovely (off menu) pasta instead. Things are great so far! 

3E470C84-477D-437D-9718-99828C32A5DF.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No lie y’all, it is a shame Carnival will go back to 100% capacity because the ship feels just the right amount full of people from a passenger standpoint. There are no fights for loungers and service is quick and wonderful. Very happy to be cruising again!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, KurtJ said:

No lie y’all, it is a shame Carnival will go back to 100% capacity because the ship feels just the right amount full of people from a passenger standpoint. There are no fights for loungers and service is quick and wonderful. Very happy to be cruising again!

That sounds great. I hope my August cruise on the Mardi Gras is the same way.

• Like 1

Passing close to Cancun on sea day #2 and chugging towards Isla Roatan. If you are going on the Vista make sure you see the show called Flick! It was a really cool and unique show that they can only do with certain main theater setups.

F2A94B6D-4FB6-4B13-A72C-0B4577CA61BE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, KurtJ said:

Passing close to Cancun on sea day #2 and chugging towards Isla Roatan. If you are going on the Vista make sure you see the show called Flick! It was a really cool and unique show that they can only do with certain main theater setups.

F2A94B6D-4FB6-4B13-A72C-0B4577CA61BE.jpeg

I love the part with the dancing fabric!

Just a few questions. We haven't sailed Carnival much and our last cruise with them was in I think 2006! 

First of all, where did everyone park? Is there still a lot right across the street and then you can walk to the ship?

Besides paid dining, what other options are there for Dinners? 

At lunch, are any mdr's ever open?

If you were vaccinated and booked an excursion, did you book with carnival before you sailed or on board? Did anyone book a private excursion not through the ship?

In Roatan can you get to the sky ride to the beach on your own and can you snorkel on the beach? 

Anything else you think I should know about sailing on the Vista, July 31? Thank you!

29 minutes ago, lovetotraveltx said:

None of the Carnival ships do an actual lunch in the MDR but instead it's call brunch. Whether it's a seaday or port day it's over at 1:00pm.

29 minutes ago, lovetotraveltx said:

The buffet is open generally from 6-9:30pm which includes the Deli and pizza.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 12:29 PM, KurtJ said:

so umm....if you by any chance see a GoPro (i think at Pixels) for sale would you mind posting the price 😃  🤞

Ship is rocking around today a bit and there was a light rain shower but it has been a good day. I actually came across a super awesome Fun Squad member who was on the Freedom during our last cruise back in 2019! I am sad to report however that we did not win at bingo…

Edited by KurtJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KurtJ said:

Ship is rocking around today a bit and there was a light rain shower but it has been a good day. I actually came across a super awesome Fun Squad member who was on the Freedom during our last cruise back in 2019! I am sad to report however that we did not win at bingo…

Glad you are having fun. We sail Vista on July 31 and haven't sailed Carnival in many years, so any pointers would be appreciated! 

When you get to Roatan, can you get to that Beach Ride to the beach on your own without an excursion? Thank you

8 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Just a few questions. We haven't sailed Carnival much and our last cruise with them was in I think 2006! 

First of all, where did everyone park? Is there still a lot right across the street and then you can walk to the ship?

If you were vaccinated and booked an excursion, did you book with carnival before you sailed or on board? Did anyone book a private excursion not through the ship?

In Roatan can you get to the sky ride to the beach on your own and can you snorkel on the beach? 

Anything else you think I should know about sailing on the Vista, July 31? Thank you!

Yes, the "Flying Chairs" are right at the port

3 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Glad you are having fun. We sail Vista on July 31 and haven't sailed Carnival in many years, so any pointers would be appreciated! 

When you get to Roatan, can you get to that Beach Ride to the beach on your own without an excursion? Thank you

The tram or flying chairs itself is a excursion, or easy walk to the beach. Pretty walk but people are tired from swimming.

5 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

You can get an all day pass for those chairs at the port, i believe its around $14 for adults, kids are around half of that IIRC

1 minute ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Did anyone park right across from the Carnival ship? There used to be a little parking lot, on the corner and you can cross the street to the ship.

are you talking about EZ cruise parking?  if you are they are still there!

Would be nice if they never go back to 100%....but I guess that's wishful thinking.  😞 Sounds like the MDR may have already worked out the kinks that the first Vista cruisers mentioned.  👍 Flick is a good show for sure!  Plenty of dining options other than the specialty restaurants. CCL's pizza is our favorite! You can walk to the "flying chairs" in Roatan. The Mohagany Bay port is nice and clean, but Roatan is VERY, VERY HOT!  Take some water with you for sure!  If you Google "Mahogany Bay Port Map", you'll find some useful information.  I think CCL now owns this area?? OP - do keep us posted, as we are all living through you this week!  Could you let us know what bands are playing around the ship?  I haven't been able to find that info.  And please eat a chocolate melting cake for me!

3 minutes ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Thank you. You can just drag your bags across one wide street and it's right there?

yes, i wasn't sure of the name, i always use port parking.  But i made sure to pay attention to all the youtube live videos, one of them parked there for sure.  I am definitely parking there from now on