cruise refund

My Explorer out of Galveston for Sept was also cancelled on June 4th.  Booked New cruise on Independence for October.  Plan was to use voucher toward cost.  I'm still waiting on RC for certificate #s.  And amts. However, had to make my final payment today from own funds.   Not real happy when RC said certificates would be issued by July 2.  

I had an Aug 7th cruise that was cancelled in May. I called RC Saturday get get an update on the refund. They said their system had a “glitch” and now processing my refund but I would have to wait another 20 days! They even had the nerve to ask why I was requesting a refund for a cruise they cancelled. Super odd.

1 hour ago, doublej said:

My Explorer out of Galveston for Sept was also cancelled on June 4th.  Booked New cruise on Independence for October.  Plan was to use voucher toward cost.  I'm still waiting on RC for certificate #s.  And amts. However, had to make my final payment today from own funds.   Not real happy when RC said certificates would be issued by July 2.  

My TA was able to get extensions on final payment until my FCC finally came through.  I think he got about 45 days worth of extensions.  

• Like 2

I had booked a cruise the beginning of May.  a few days later they changed the ship and allowed ppl to cancel with full refund.  I cancelled then.  They never sent any documentation but on the phone stated that it would take 45 days to receive a refund.  Not long after that I started receiving emails about the sailing I canceled and just today received an email stating "Time to Check in".  Called RC and they said it's noted that the refund is coming but we're still getting emails about the sailing which is July 30th.  

I'm afraid of not getting the refund by the sail date and then them telling us that we missed the boat (pun intended).  Can't believe they don't send notices of cancelations but can still send updates on sailings. 

5 hours ago, BostonBud said:

I had booked a cruise the beginning of May.  a few days later they changed the ship and allowed ppl to cancel with full refund.  I cancelled then.  They never sent any documentation but on the phone stated that it would take 45 days to receive a refund.  Not long after that I started receiving emails about the sailing I canceled and just today received an email stating "Time to Check in".  Called RC and they said it's noted that the refund is coming but we're still getting emails about the sailing which is July 30th.  

I'm afraid of not getting the refund by the sail date and then them telling us that we missed the boat (pun intended).  Can't believe they don't send notices of cancelations but can still send updates on sailings. 

Same exact thing happening to me for our August Odyssey that I cancelled .. 

We had the chance to cancel our Navigator cruise 8/23 that was changed to Freedom because we couldn't get the same cabins.  I got a partial refund on 6/17 and when I called RCCL they told me I had get my TA to call them so they could release the info. I told them that my TA was the one who called them to cancel the cruise. I'm wondering who's running the process!  Sounds like a big stall to me.

RCI cancelled two of our cruises, the Ovation TP in Sept and our December Quantum cruise.

I received notification of the cancelled cruises last week.

I requested the refund through the online form on July 7th.

The refund hit my credit card for all the deposits and cruise planner purchases at the same time, all received on July 14th.

I was very surprised, I was expecting it to take a lot longer, I wasn't even looking out for them at that point.

Sorry to hear that others have not had the same experience recently 

If you don’t receive refunds or FCCs call and have them expedited.  Many times the FCCs have actually already been issued, but just not sent out.  I’d you have a payment date approaching, and are waiting on an FCC they will extend the payment date for you.  

We have had to call on every cancelled cruise to get them to complete the processing of refunds. We get partial refunds relatively quickly, but then it takes another 30-45 days (and several phone calls) to get the remainders. There's always an excuse why there is a delay.