September/October sailings announcement

10 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I don't understand what all this is about.  Don't they know what ships are sailing in Sep/Oct?  Haven't they been selling tickets for months. 

They have no idea what the future holds.

It is the price you pay to cruise for at least the next 12 months if not longer. 

The Delta variant is starting to ramp up in the US and we will be back to some type of restrictions by the fall. No telling what ship you are going to be on, where it is going to sail to and even if it will be sailing at all. Will the CDC panic when cases start rising? It is all a guessing game right now.

Edited by HaveWeMetYet
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I don't understand what all this is about.  Don't they know what ships are sailing in Sep/Oct?  Haven't they been selling tickets for months. 

Some ships, they stopped making bookings a few weeks ago for every sailing in September, and they weren't sold out.  In my case, this is the second time they stopped making bookings.  But you're right; they know which ships are not sailing, but they just aren't telling for some reason.  

Edited by naxer

41 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

It is probably not so much about what ships are sailing, but where are they going and what are the protocols going to be?  Our September cruise is still showing Grand Turk as one of the ports, but the Turks and Caicos website is showing that cruises are banned through the end of September and that could be extended.

With more ships starting to sail and fewer ports available, it is probably harder working out how itineraries can be shifted to accommodate all the ships.

Edited by Lee Cruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

It is probably not so much about what ships are sailing, but where are they going and what are the protocols going to be?  Our September cruise is still showing Grand Turk as one of the ports, but the Turks and Caicos website is showing that cruises are banned through the end of September and that could be extended.

With more ships starting to sail and fewer ports available, it is probably harder working out how itineraries can be shifted to accommodate all the ships.

^^^^^THIS! Very good analysis Lee! I think you are spot on! 👍

• Like 2

17 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Oh wow! I don't  think our cruise has many options, the MR. So I'm not expecting changes unless things get really bad in Mexico. I actually head out to Cabo tomorrow for a week, I'll scope it out 😉

Keep an eye on the Mexican Covid Traffic Light.  That will tell you a lot for the Mexican ports and what will and won't be allowed. Which will impact ship itineraries.

https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/eua/index.php/en/2016-04-09-20-40-51/tourism/1760-mexico-s-covid-19-monitoring-system

15 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

But that's just general "anything can happen" talk.  I understand potential itinerary changes.  I understand protocol changes.  But since major cruise lines are now already sailing, including Carnival, if they have mostly all vaccinated passengers, I just don't understand what information they could have on ship sailings. 

I've personally been very conservative and the only bookings that have cancelled for me are the 5 Princess cruises I had prior to the shutdown in March 2020.  Personally, I'm not worried as I'm on the Panorama in late October and I expect that will go as planned for various reasons, unless of course something truly unforeseen happens but I personally don't think the Delta variant qualifies. 

I just don't understand why Carnival is so uncertain about the ships that will deploy at this point for sailings just 2 months away.  Or why they've delayed the message.  Of course Carnival and Princess are run by a bunch of clowns as far as I'm concerned. 

Why? If it's NCL..... It's all about the Quan"....

25 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I can't wait for Monday!

Or Tuesday.

Ms. Duffy previously said the announcements for Oct/Nov would be LAST Tuesday, which came and went with not a peep until the end of the week.  Now John Heald said "Monday, maybe Tuesday" for the announcement.

As I said on the 2 other Oct/Nov announcement threads, my final payment for our October cruise on the Pride is due on Monday. I really would like to know if the cruise is happening before giving Carnival another interest free loan.  Adding to the uncertainty is zero word from the Port of Baltimore as to when cruises will resume from there.

I tried to get my final payment moved out, but I was told by several Carnival CS people that I had to wait until tomorrow to request that.

Keeping our fingers crossed as we are really looking forward to this cruise.  Also thankful that Royal Caribbean has already said the cruise we have on the Oasis in November is a go.

• Like 1

Our family of 5 (including a 2 year old) is scheduled for the Elation in October.  I called this morning to ask about canceling and was told if I cancel today, then I would not get a full refund (both cabins are paid in full).  Hopefully an announcement about October will come early next week so we can cancel and get our $$ back.

8 minutes ago, BonnieH said:

Our family of 5 (including a 2 year old) is scheduled for the Elation in October.  I called this morning to ask about canceling and was told if I cancel today, then I would not get a full refund (both cabins are paid in full).  Hopefully an announcement about October will come early next week so we can cancel and get our $$ back.

My oldest daughter and my 2 year old grandson were originally supposed to be on the Horizon with us this week but I am glad we just took our 10 year old.  It would have been just too much with a toddler.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

But that's just general "anything can happen" talk.  I understand potential itinerary changes.  I understand protocol changes.  But since major cruise lines are now already sailing, including Carnival, if they have mostly all vaccinated passengers, I just don't understand what information they could have on ship sailings. 

I've personally been very conservative and the only bookings that have cancelled for me are the 5 Princess cruises I had prior to the shutdown in March 2020.  Personally, I'm not worried as I'm on the Panorama in late October and I expect that will go as planned for various reasons, unless of course something truly unforeseen happens but I personally don't think the Delta variant qualifies. 

I just don't understand why Carnival is so uncertain about the ships that will deploy at this point for sailings just 2 months away.  Or why they've delayed the message.  Of course Carnival and Princess are run by a bunch of clowns as far as I'm concerned. 

But they have no idea what protocols the will have to follow, if ports will have restricted capacity, what limits or test sailings they might have to do, or pretty much any details of what they will or will not have to do in September.  They are probably waiting until tomorrow or Monday to see if the 11th Court of Appeals does anything, and trying to look at the NCL suit against Florida.  There are just too many unknowns that keep changing.  I think it would be better if they just said that, but I am no PR rep.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

Why would that matter? Carnival had no problem requiring proof of vaccination in Florida.

Because they would be able to ask without jumping through the hoops, and I question whether or not the fact that there will be no regulations they have to follow will change the dynamics of Florida allowing companies to refuse service if they have no required percentages.  It will change from them having to be 95%/5% to them choosing to be.  So they will be choosing to refuse service instead of being required to.  The Texas law specifically exempts following Federal rules or guidelines, but they could choose whatever percentages they thought would allow as more unvaccinated people, but so many that they scare off the vaccinated people.  It isn't rocket science, it's closer to needing a fortune teller on staff.

5 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Because they would be able to ask without jumping through the hoops, and I question whether or not the fact that there will be no regulations they have to follow will change the dynamics of Florida allowing companies to refuse service if they have no required percentages.  It will change from them having to be 95%/5% to them choosing to be.  So they will be choosing to refuse service instead of being required to.  The Texas law specifically exempts following Federal rules or guidelines, but they could choose whatever percentages they thought would allow as more unvaccinated people, but so many that they scare off the vaccinated people.  It isn't rocket science, it's closer to needing a fortune teller on staff.

What hoops? They just said they required and people complied.  The Florida Law does have an  exemption for guidance so again it doesn't matter. Also, Carnival has stated that they're a family company and if it was up to them there would be more children so the NCL is irrelevant.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

What hoops? They just said they required and people complied.  The Florida Law does have an  exemption for guidance so again it doesn't matter. Also, Carnival has stated that they're a family company and if it was up to them there would be more children so the NCL is irrelevant.

I don't think there is an exemption for rules or laws in the Florida laws.  They have been getting around it by using the Federal requirement of percentage of unvaccinated.  Now, assuming the 11th Court of Appeals doesn't act, there will be no requirement, so the Florida Law could be enforced differently. 

2 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

I don't think there is an exemption for rules or laws in the Florida laws.  They have been getting around it by using the Federal requirement of percentage of unvaccinated.  Now, assuming the 11th Court of Appeals doesn't act, there will be no requirement, so the Florida Law could be enforced differently. 

Read the law.  There is an exemption and the guidance from the CDC is all they need. It doesn't have to be mandatory from the CDC.

6 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

Read the law.  There is an exemption and the guidance from the CDC is all they need. It doesn't have to be mandatory from the CDC.

I have read the Florida Law, and if there is an exemption I didn't see it.

12 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

There are only 2 sentences and it's the entire second sentence.

Can you post a link? I'd like to read it, and have no idea where to start looking. Thanks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Can you post a link? I'd like to read it, and have no idea where to start looking. Thanks.

Section 381.00316, Florida Statutes, is created to read:  381.00316 COVID-19 vaccine documentation.— (1) A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business operations in this state. This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health.

https://casetext.com/statute/florida-statutes/title-xxix-public-health/chapter-381-public-health-general-provisions/section-38100316-covid-19-vaccine-documentation

Edited by lobster1313

12 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

Section 381.00316, Florida Statutes, is created to read:  381.00316 COVID-19 vaccine documentation.— (1) A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business operations in this state. This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health.

https://casetext.com/statute/florida-statutes/title-xxix-public-health/chapter-381-public-health-general-provisions/section-38100316-covid-19-vaccine-documentation

So they can ask they just cant deny service and Carnival is using the wording of the CDCs CSO about the 95%/5% . After July 18 maybe this will change.

Meanwhile everyone should have to present the 72 hour neg PCR test results to board. 

24 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

Phew.  Thank you lobster........ I think. I just finished reading the entire statute. Damn. I'm sorry I did. For those interested in reading the entire statute involving this circular firing squad, please see:

https://legiscan.com/FL/text/S2006/id/2378673

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

At first I thought that also, however screening or infection control is referring to temperature checks, masks, distancing and such.  It does not include asking for proof of vaccinations.  It does not OTHERWISE restrict.  So the first sentence is the restriction.   The Texas law is structured differently,  and the Galveston port authority has specifically said the cruise lines can ask.

19 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

As I said on the 2 other Oct/Nov announcement threads, my final payment for our October cruise on the Pride is due on Monday. I really would like to know if the cruise is happening before giving Carnival another interest free loan.  Adding to the uncertainty is zero word from the Port of Baltimore as to when cruises will resume from there.

Just wondering, has anybody had a booked cruise officially cancelled before the final payment date?  Even in the darkest days last year, when everybody knew the cruise had to be cancelled, in my experience Carnival wouldn't call it until after the final payment date.  While I understand that for business reasons they want the final payment before the cruise is cancelled; that is one of the few things I will find fault with them for in all of this.

Edited by naxer
  • Like 2