Anniversary Cruise

Kruisn'Kay

Hello! My husband and I are cruising in November to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. I have zero creativity when it comes to planning something special. What is something that we can do to celebrate? We will be on the ship on our actual anniversary date. I would appreciate any ideas. Keep it clean please…LOL! 🙂 Thank you so much!

My husband and I often cruise over our anniversary; perhaps not the most creative ideas but a few things we've done over the years:

• Splurge on a special shore excursion on the day, e.g. instead of the crowded snorkel tour we booked a private catamaran charter so it was just us
  • Booked dinner at the fanciest specialty restaurant and made sure it was entered in our cruise profile that we were celebrating an anniversary that night (they brought out a special dessert and champagne -- though I can't remember what cruise line that was so ymmv)
  • Arranged for breakfast to be delivered for us to enjoy on the balcony, along with DIY mimosas I made with room service orange juice and a bottle of sparkling something-or-other I brought on board
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, complawyer said:

if you use your log in, ncl offers special packages.  we were booked for our 50th and there is a package where you can be re-married by one of the ships officers on board. just check  it out

Once is enough 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

if you use your log in, ncl offers special packages.  we were booked for our 50th and there is a package where you can be re-married by one of the ships officers on board. just check  it out

If my wife dropped the $500 minimum on that (plus gratuity no doubt) I'd jump overboard.  

Think what else you could do on a cruise with that money.  If you're into that sort of sentimentality, do it at home with family and friends.

2 hours ago, billslowsky said:

If my wife dropped the $500 minimum on that (plus gratuity no doubt) I'd jump overboard.  

Think what else you could do on a cruise with that money.  If you're into that sort of sentimentality, do it at home with family and friends.

hey, i just tried to answer their question, i didnt advise them to do it! what anyone wants to spend on a cruise is up to them.  besides, it's their anniversary, let them enjoy, and there are other options from which they can choose

• Like 1

1 minute ago, complawyer said:

hey, i just tried to answer their question, i didnt advise them to do it! what anyone wants to spend on a cruise is up to them.  besides, it's their anniversary, let them enjoy, and there are other options from which they can choose

People comment on here all the time about value.  

The charge for the "ceremony" is outrageous. 

I think a vow renewal ceremony at sea would be sweet, but, it seems a little early to be doing it at ten years.  That's usually something done further down the road, for a 40th anniversary or something.

The spa offers couple's massages, which (again) are a little pricey compared to land-based spas, but would be a nice romantic splurge.  

• Like 1

Book a dinner show (if on a larger ship)

Couples spa treatment?

Call the NCL concierge and have them set something special up.

Dinner at Le Bistro with a bottle or 2 of wine.

Private cabana shore excursion.

Schedule a photo session with the photographers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, billslowsky said:

i call b.s.  (only joking) but i'll bet if your wife really wanted to do it, you'd give in.  remember confuscious say  "happy wife, happy life"

Under Honeymoon/Anniversary Packages there is one that I am looking at  for our September, 2022  5 day cruise to Bermuda cruise that most likely I will get this.  We will be married 7 years but this will not be near our anninverary.

It is a Honeymoon/Anniversary Package

You get wine and choc covered strawberries waiting for you in you room

One night get ger canapleps in your room

dinner for 2 at La Bistro, you may be able to take the bottle of wine with you to dinner but why  enjoy in your room or your balconey.

8X10 professional photo taken of the 2 of you.

The price is not bad they others are higher price but may include other things to the package.

I have not ordered this before but over the years anything that I have ordered wine choc covered strawberries I have never been disappointed,

You have to order this or any package at least 5 days before you leave on the ship.

I love La Bistro next to Cagneys and will be going to both when we cruise next year.   We were cancelled 2 times over the last 2 years so hopefully we will make it this time.  I am retired so I can go any time.  The wife is young no she is not 21 but she is still working with a few years to go before she can retire.

No matter what you decide to do have a great time and enjoy each others company.

Sam The Cat

Buffalo, NY

• Like 1

You can see a list of NCL Romantic Packages here: https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/onboard-packages/romance-packages

We bought the romance package for our parents and they really enjoyed the tea service as well as the chocolate strawberries at sail away. Mom really liked the roses. The portrait wasn't in a studio, they just took a couple of pictures on the staircase and selected one. 

For $10 more with the honeymoon/anniversary package you get Le Bistro instead of La Cucina, but you also miss the tea service. Because of that I would take the cheaper package but go Italian on another night and go to Cagney's or Le Bistro for the anniversary dinner. 

• Like 1

Ok, Just me. Skip the Chocolate. Skip the special wine. 

Just Wake up and kiss the guy. Give him a hug, and go about your day. If you like a massage, get it. Invite him for a couples massage if he would. It is a great experience. Note: Given Covid restrictions the off ship items are limited,. Sooo, The rest is all you guys. Enjoy. Find a couple of lounge chairs and sit back and , well enjoy. Congratulations to you both. My guess is he married up,,, 

• Like 3

On 7/21/2021 at 2:43 PM, complawyer said:

i call b.s.  (only joking) but i'll bet if your wife really wanted to do it, you'd give in.  remember confuscious say  "happy wife, happy life"

Going along for that reason shows that the "ceremony" is simply a sham, a vanity exercise.  We have more respect for each other than that.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:09 AM, complawyer said:

You’re not allowed to post about things someone on cruise critic might disagree with. Shame on you for suggesting an activity. 

On 7/21/2021 at 7:13 AM, billslowsky said:

People comment on here all the time about value.  

The charge for the "ceremony" is outrageous. 

of course it's outrageous, i didnt recommend it, i just told them it was available as an option. that's one of the reasons i didnt do it

On 7/20/2021 at 6:25 PM, Kruisn'Kay said:

Hello! My husband and I are cruising in November to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. I have zero creativity when it comes to planning something special. What is something that we can do to celebrate? We will be on the ship on our actual anniversary date. I would appreciate any ideas. Keep it clean please…LOL! 🙂 Thank you so much!

We've two anniversary cruises booked.  We've discussed those special packages and decided a nice dinner in one of the better restaurants will be sufficient.  You can bring wine aboard by paying a corkage fee.  You might want to consider that if you're into very good wines.  You can save a bunch by doing that.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 6:32 PM, billslowsky said:

Going along for that reason shows that the "ceremony" is simply a sham, a vanity exercise.  We have more respect for each other than that.

just out of curiosity, would you pay for an all day private cabana on great stirrup caye.  that to me is a massive waste, and we've been to gsc a few times, and now i wouldnt even bother to get off the ship

LoL on "Keep it clean please ".

Aboard ship really limits your options. I would order room service breakfast to start, schedule a couples massage for mid day, and whichever specialty restaurant you both enjoy for dinner. 

If you are drinkers, I would buy a bottle or two for after dinner, maybe get  chocolate covered strawberries or other dessert,  and spend the rest of the evening in our cabin. 

• Like 1