LAFFNVEGAS "LIVE" from the Nieuw Amsterdam, First HAL Ship to Sail!!

LAFFNVEGAS

44 minutes ago, jimgev said:

"Water, water everywhere and all the boards did shrink. Water, water everywhere and ne're a drop to drink."

I must say that I just don't understand all the talk about drinking water on board.

Let's be honest, our generation, when we were kids, drank out of garden hoses and worse when we were thirsty. 2/3 of the world has NO decent drinking water yet we complain about not having our favorite water in plastic bottles. Really?

The water from the taps in our staterooms on HAL ships is filtered and is every bit as pure as the overpriced stuff with fancy names you buy in plastic bottles. 

Time to get real.

You are absolutely right. We always drink the tap water in our cabin. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Actually this FREE service has been offered from at least 2017 possibly earlier. I honestly don’t think it is offered to be able to sell something later. I think it is probably a joint venture with all of the cruise lines SeaTac airport and and city of Seattle.

Sorry - sometimes I get accused about my attempts at Humor being a bit too...Obscure. I actually think it is great service that they are offering. 

Being an engineer - I was cogitating on what would drive them to do this. marketing was something that first popped into my mind - hence my (poor attempt at) humorous comment. But in thinking further - I suspect it may have been driven by trying to increase the efficiency in baggage handling at SEATAC. That SEATAC airport is extremely busy on port days, and it has to be hard on the ticket & baggage handling process. Having all those bags come in direct to Baggage Handling all sorted and tagged has got to be a huge time/labor savings. And a nice service front offered gratis by the cruise line to boot.

I have certainly seen this offered on other ports & lines (For $$ of course) and have considered using it. My (mild) concern is that DW will really, really like it, and we will settle into the routine of using it...on every cruise...forever.

Last time we cruised in Alaska (after carful review of my cruise records) was 2016, and that was the other line.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, atexsix said:

You might have to come to the front and wave to us. Pretty please?!

Not 100% sure but at the moment, doesn't it look like the only peeps on the bow are crew? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zelker said:

Not 100% sure but at the moment, doesn't it look like the only peeps on the bow are crew? 

I mean the top, observation deck

She can wave something bright.

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 2