Live - Allure Simulation Cruise July 27, 2021šŸ›³

4 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

It can be an issue with driving, also. Ā We have to get from the west coast of Florida to the east coast, partially on I-4 through Orlando. Ā Lots of variables with Orlando traffic. Ā 

Yeah but you could go early and get brunch at a restaurant once you are on the east coast.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Ā 

How long is the walk (timewise) from the baggage drop off area to the restaurant area? We are at the mercy of the hotel shuttle times and if we need to wait for our assigned time - I'd prefer to be having a cup of coffee or some beverage at one of the open restaurants.

Probably 5 minutes.Ā  On my solo cruises I walk over there and meet my husband (my ride home) for breakfast after disembarking

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can see how this creates issues, especially for people who fly in the same day as the cruise. RCI allows a 30 munute window. There are many factors that can play a role in affecting the arrival at the cruise terminal from the plane's arrival time.

Ā 

I never really noticed a huge issue with boarding in the past under the "old" method.

I had that exact issue when figuring out which boarding time to pick for Adventure. It took a week or two to hear how long it was taking same day arrivals to let us know how long it was taking to get through the airport and to the hotel to check in that my estimate would work as long as our flight wasn't delayed.Ā 

17 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Probably 5 minutes.Ā  On my solo cruises I walk over there and meet my husband (my ride home) for breakfast after disembarking

Ā 

Thank you. Now I have some good options as our boarding time is 2PM.

Ā 

Did I read that if you are a Pin that arrival time can be earlier?

Anyone into aft views?Ā  Leaving CocoCay.

Ā 

al-aft360-1.jpg

Ā 

Dare you to name another ship where you can get this same view.

Ā 

Or if you like a flat horizon better...

Ā al-aft360-2.jpg

Ā 

Edited by twangster
  • Like 29

9 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Ā 

Thank you. Now I have some good options as our boarding time is 2PM.

Ā 

Did I read that if you are a Pin that arrival time can be earlier?

Yes. Ā One hour earlier.Ā 

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sounds like RCI mistakenly assumed passengers would strictly adhere to their time slots without having follow-up at the terminal.

Agree with @Ocean Boy.Ā  Flight arrival times vary and may not coincide with time slots.

Ā 

It's a challenge to arrive exactly on time, so there needs to be lines associated with your slot. We had 12:30, arrived around 12:10.

Ā 

Folks with 1:00 were allready there, and some 1:30 arrived while we waited. And then 12:30 folks arrived about same time, so they all got mixed in. Not the fault of passengers, blame fully on Royal and there shore staff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I donā€™t think anyone will follow boarding times. Folks on my upcoming cruises are saying they donā€™t care about the boarding time theyā€™re going to show up at 10:30Ā like before!Ā 
Ā 

They need to create a separate line for each check in time slot so those of us that already are assigned Ā the 1 oā€™clock check in times donā€™t have to wait in line behindĀ those that have later check-inĀ Ā times.Ā 

Ā 

Absolutely, time slots will be strictly enforced based on what I saw. Gets hot in that garagešŸ˜‰

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mauraoel said:

Just like the boarding group airlines use.Ā  Get in your boarding time line No matter when you arrive.Ā 

Ā 

250 vs 3000+ is a big difference though

Edited by John&LaLa

50 minutes ago, twangster said:

Anyone into aft views?Ā  Leaving CocoCay.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Dare you to name another ship where you can get this same view.

Ā 

Or if you like a flat horizon better...

Ā al-aft360-2.jpg

Ā 

That picture is awesome.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

360Ā° view looking down into Central Park as seen from the suite sun deck at dusk.

Curious what camera and or lens are you using for the 360 views? They look fantastic.

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

Ā 

Insta360 One X2.

Well you may of helped me decide between the x2 and the Theta Z1. Ā Reviews Iā€™ve read x2 for video and Z1 for pics. Ā After seeing your pics I feel like I would be happy with the X2 for both video and pics.

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have wondered about those. I'm impressed. Are you happy with it? Ease of use? plusses and or minuses?

Ā 

Generally pleased but the software can be flaky at times.Ā  This camera requires a workflow in software to produce results.Ā 

Ā 

It literally captures everything in 360 then you have to decide what you want to show.Ā  It's very particular on memory cards because it's writing a bunch of data when shooting 5K video.Ā  Even the recommended cards sometimes let you down.Ā Ā 

Ā 

It's a solid feeling camera but a lot of the finishing is done in an app on a phone so that's interesting at times.Ā  Video files are massive.Ā  Need a beefy phone with lots of storage to do it right.Ā  Android support is typical hit and miss, it won't run on my Galaxy Tab for example so I'm left doing it on the smaller screen of my iPhone.Ā  That gets tiring after a while with my old eyes.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Of all the 360 cameras out there this one is getting rave reviews but you need some patience being on the bleeding edge.Ā  I bought two.Ā  I set one on my balcony to capture time lapse of sailing away and the other I carry around.Ā  I'm working on putting a video together made up of smaller segments but that some work so it will be a few days.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Here is a video clip I did on board of the Flowrider:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Generally pleased but the software can be flaky at times.

That seems to be the opinion of a lot of reviews on YT. Needless to say I think it is a great camera that could enhance anyone's pics and video. Thank you for your opinions as I respect them greatly. Now I need to talk my wife into getting one before our November cruise.

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That seems to be the opinion of a lot of reviews on YT. Needless to say I think it is a great camera that could enhance anyone's pics and video. Thank you for your opinions as I respect them greatly. Now I need to talk my wife into getting one before our November cruise.

Ā 

If you are getting one buy it soon and practice.Ā  It does have a learning curve and can be mildly frustrating while learning.